New Era Field

davspo

You're permitted a "small clutch bag approximately the size of a hand (4.5” x 6.5”), with or without a handle or strap." Unsure how large the coin purse was but seems like it's within the restrictions. https://www.buffalobills.com/stadium/gate-entry-and-permitted-items

Lines are typically very long at the opener. We usually make sure we get there by noon to ensure we see kickoff. 

Edited by CBend

We hit Gate 2 at about 12:10 and spent maybe five minutes in line. Everything seemed to be moving smoothly. We left our coin purses in the car though, so as not to raise the ire of Erie County Sheriff's Deputies, NYS Troopers, and Interpol. I had no idea coin purses are still so popular! 

So just to be clear and get everything straight. 

You are mad because:

-you waited to walk into the stadium when 60k other fans did and expected to be able to just stroll right in without a wait. 

-you failed to read the rules and got mad at some security guard who probabaly was 22 years old an makes $12/hr who was just doing his job. And I highly doubt he said “oh wait, let me call the Pegula, or the President” sounds like you had 2 too many drinks and are misremembering things honestly. I’ve never seen any of the security even say anything to anyone that wasn’t being a belligerent prick. 

-you were even more mad at your own procrastination by being late into the game and then the additional 60k people that just got in were also getting in line for a beer at the same time. 

Here’s some advice. Walk into the stadium at 1210. Beat everyone else into the line and stop chugging beers in the parking lot. Get into the stadium. Find your seat. Hit the head. Casually walk to the beer line with nobody else there. Get comfortable in your seats and watch the end of the warm ups. And for Christ’s sake, the Home Opener is always, always, always the worst game to get through the gates. Leave 10 minutes earlier. 

Oh, and I also belive you are misremembering what time you walked into the stadium. Because I didn’t even leave Hammers lot until 12:15. The 5 minute walk to the stadium, there was probably 2 people in line ahead of us. Then we went to the head. Then we got to the line and got some ice cold waters. Then we made it to our seats. And the team was still warming up and there was 28 minutes until game time. When you say you tried to get in at 12:15, did you mean that’s the time you parked your car all the way down Abbott past Kettles and you had to walk your way to the stadium and stopped at 2 peoples tailgates on your way there?

I’ve had season tickets since 2006 and only one time I’ve experienced what you did yesterday. And thy was when a friend was trying to stay in the lots until 1230 at the opener. And yes, we missed about 5 minutes of the game because of it. But that is our own faults. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CBend said:

You're permitted a "small clutch bag approximately the size of a hand (4.5” x 6.5”), with or without a handle or strap." Unsure how large the coin purse was but seems like it's within the restrictions. https://www.buffalobills.com/stadium/gate-entry-and-permitted-items

Lines are typically very long at the opener. We usually make sure we get there by noon to ensure we see kickoff. 

I was going to post exactly this. I can't imagine a change purse being bigger than this......seems odd. Also I came in at 12:25 at gate 2 and had about a 3 minute wait time to get in. The line to sing up for DD was about 10 minutes. They allowed us to bring in 5 bottles of water because of how hot it was. All in all a good experience. Bad game, good experience. Sorry yours wasn't. 

24 minutes ago, mrags said:

So just to be clear and get everything straight. 

You are mad because:

-you waited to walk into the stadium when 60k other fans did and expected to be able to just stroll right in without a wait. 

-you failed to read the rules and got mad at some security guard who probabaly was 22 years old an makes $12/hr who was just doing his job. And I highly doubt he said “oh wait, let me call the Pegula, or the President” sounds like you had 2 too many drinks and are misremembering things honestly. I’ve never seen any of the security even say anything to anyone that wasn’t being a belligerent prick. 

-you were even more mad at your own procrastination by being late into the game and then the additional 60k people that just got in were also getting in line for a beer at the same time. 

Here’s some advice. Walk into the stadium at 1210. Beat everyone else into the line and stop chugging beers in the parking lot. Get into the stadium. Find your seat. Hit the head. Casually walk to the beer line with nobody else there. Get comfortable in your seats and watch the end of the warm ups. And for Christ’s sake, the Home Opener is always, always, always the worst game to get through the gates. Leave 10 minutes earlier. 

Oh, and I also belive you are misremembering what time you walked into the stadium. Because I didn’t even leave Hammers lot until 12:15. The 5 minute walk to the stadium, there was probably 2 people in line ahead of us. Then we went to the head. Then we got to the line and got some ice cold waters. Then we made it to our seats. And the team was still warming up and there was 28 minutes until game time. When you say you tried to get in at 12:15, did you mean that’s the time you parked your car all the way down Abbott past Kettles and you had to walk your way to the stadium and stopped at 2 peoples tailgates on your way there?

I’ve had season tickets since 2006 and only one time I’ve experienced what you did yesterday. And thy was when a friend was trying to stay in the lots until 1230 at the opener. And yes, we missed about 5 minutes of the game because of it. But that is our own faults. 

This is my first year with season tickets and I have only been to the 2 pre-season and yesterdays game....but so far my experience mirrors your own. It's a bit difficult to find times where you can eat or drink without missing some of the game but thats why we bring snacks in our clear bag ;)

Sorry you had issues.  We walked right into the stadium (12:20ish) with virtually no line.  I did notice a big step up in security including the presence of the Erie County Swat in full tactical gear.  I thought fan behavior was generally good - I'm assuming the heat cut down on alcohol consumption to some extent - a lot more water bottles my section than normal.

10 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Ha...good one.

anyone with a story about tossing contraband over the fence to friends inside the stadium?

was thinking about Luther tossing his apple over the fence so Alice knew where to escape from the asylum

• Haha (+1) 1

As a former member of the Fan Advisory Board, I will recommend you please bring up your experiences to Customer Service.  They do review all of those comments, and it sounds like the guard you dealt with needs some training and they need to get a consistent message to all as to what is or is not allowed.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

As a former member of the Fan Advisory Board, I will recommend you please bring up your experiences to Customer Service.  They do review all of those comments, and it sounds like the guard you dealt with needs some training and they need to get a consistent message to all as to what is or is not allowed.

isn't it bad enough working security at a game in the first place?

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

isn't it bad enough working security at a game in the first place?

There's nothing worse than being able to bring something in one week then being told by someone else at the next game that the same thing can not be brought in.

Just be consistent, and have rules that are not open to interpretation.

As for the rest of the complaints in the OP - yes there are lots of people who try to get into the game, or into a bathroom, or get a beer at the same time.  Judging the best times for avoiding those crowds comes with experience.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

2 hours ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

When the security guard overshadows the Bills play in the first half you know it must have been really bad experience. I thought this rant was going to be about the Bills but I was wrong. 

Well, in a way it is about the Bills. Because it's all Tyrod's fault..

10 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

There's nothing worse than being able to bring something in one week then being told by someone else at the next game that the same thing can not be brought in.

Just be consistent, and have rules that are not open to interpretation.

if only....

8 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I'm just one season ticket holder of many, but the only thing I commented on to the Bills this off season was the stupid train horn.  I'm sure the Bills read & considered my comment, yet on it blares.  

Is there a groundswell of support for that thing that's outvoting me?

Every year when they survey season ticket holders and ask what is the one most important thing to them - I tell them it is important that they keep the train horn.  It is my first priority!

Must be my vote is cancelling yours. ?

Its one of those things, where if you are a current season ticket holder, you know what the rules are. It's best to only walk in with the bare essentials, Keys, ID, money, debit card and phone. It moves the lines faster, and you surely won't be turned away. Also, if you see a long line at one gate, you should look around at other gates to see if a line is shorter. I hate to say this, because people not doing this, is how I get into the stadium in less then 30 minutes, every single time.

21 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I'm just one season ticket holder of many, but the only thing I commented on to the Bills this off season was the stupid train horn.  I'm sure the Bills read & considered my comment, yet on it blares.  

Is there a groundswell of support for that thing that's outvoting me?

on third down it's fine, but they blasted it on second down yesterday on one drive