New Era Field

davspo

Just now, gjv001 said:

We watched the game on an 85" Sony TV with Football Mode. Had Wings, fries, celery, carrots, and corn on the cob. Our group's ages were 72, 72, 48, 41, 13. Did not wait for Drinks or to use the bathroom. Did not have to pay $500 to have the opportunity to wait 40 minutes to be searched and scrutinized. Did not have to deal with any rude security people or request help from local law enforcement. We all have choices.

Point taken.  

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sorry you had a bad time, but let me get this right you are upset because someone was doing their job and enforcing the rules your party chose not to follow?

So, you didn't read the whole rant?! Here ya go:

Most upsetting was the fact that one of the women in our group had a coin purse that they would not let in, despite the original security check person saying it was ok if she put it in a plastic bag that he gave her. 

The guard was saying stuff like you really think you're important, let me call the Pagulas for you, no better yet I will call the President.  All that I requested was that he speak to the guy standing 30 feet away who told this young lady she could bring it in. 

WOW Bobby!

4 minutes ago, Dopey said:

So, you didn't read the whole rant?! Here ya go:

Most upsetting was the fact that one of the women in our group had a coin purse that they would not let in, despite the original security check person saying it was ok if she put it in a plastic bag that he gave her. 

The guard was saying stuff like you really think you're important, let me call the Pagulas for you, no better yet I will call the President.  All that I requested was that he speak to the guy standing 30 feet away who told this young lady she could bring it in. 

WOW Bobby!

Yeah Was the COIN Purse a clear bag? Nope doesn't sound it.  The Policy is very clear.  So It started because he was upset at the lines though the website clearly talks about long waits.  That got more upset when the Security Guard did his job, so he challenged the Policy.  Yep I would be upset as a Security Guard to when policy is completely ignored than I am challenged on the policy.

Did she Completely Empty the purse into the clear bag? or just put the purse and its contents in the clear bag still obscured?

Edited by MAJBobby

42 minutes ago, davspo said:

In today's #metoo movement days, I find it interesting that they could get away with requiring women to use only clear plastic containers without any exception for small bags for personal items. 

This #metoo is odd.  Was one of the women trying to sneak in a dildo?

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So the Initial guy DIDN'T do his job, So maybe there is your complaint.

Very clear as day One Click at BB.com to get there https://www.buffalobills.com/stadium/gate-entry-and-permitted-items

Not trying to be a dick here but this is clear as day and been in place for awhile now

Here's one of the things you can't bring in.  How do those knuckleheads with the chicken wing hats get in?     

• Headwear or clothing that may impede the view of guests

Nothing pisses me off more than jerk security and the lecture is BS... Most are very polite... But there is always that guy.. guess you found him.. so sorry... I take a name down and have filed complaints... not at New Era... not had a problem... but a couple of them were reassigned for training in two cases that I complained about. :)

1 hour ago, davspo said:

I went to the game yesterday.  What a terrible experience.  We arrived at the gate at about 12:15 and the line was insane.  It took us almost 40 minutes to get to the metal detectors (I think there were a total of 6), and the club seats had the same amount of detectors with no line.  I know they pay for that, and I get it, but it seems to me that they simply do not care about us average Joe's.  We still paid a $100 a ticket for it.  

Most upsetting was the fact that one of the women in our group had a coin purse that they would not let in, despite the original security check person saying it was ok if she put it in a plastic bag that he gave her.  The jack ass of a security guard that told us we couldn't bring it in then belittled us we when protested (I am 50 years old, retired law enforcement and know that I could not yell, use abusive language or act disrespectful) .  Our group consisted of a 74 year old, 62 year old, two 50 year olds and a 24 year old.  Not exactly threatening or belligerent.   The guard was saying stuff like you really think you're important, let me call the Pagulas for you, no better yet I will call the President.  All that I requested was that he speak to the guy standing 30 feet away who told this young lady she could bring it in.  Finally, he "threatened" to call the Sheriff's Deputy over.  I said please do.  He did and at least he was sympathetic.  Finally, and Under Sheriff came by and said not to worry about it and let us in.  Should we have paid more attention to the details, YES.  Do we still deserved to be treated respectfully and professionally, YES.

By the time we got into the game, the experience put a damper on the game.  At half time I went to buy a beer.  Looking at the lines to the restroom and concessions it was apparent that I would not be able to buy a beer without missing the kickoff.  

In my humble opinion, the whole event was run very poorly.  It was apparent that the franchise could care less about the fans.  TV revenue is all that matters.  

In today's #metoo movement days, I find it interesting that they could get away with requiring women to use only clear plastic containers without any exception for small bags for personal items.  

One game and I quickly remembered why i gave up my season tickets 5 years ago.  

We have all supported this franchise, but I have to say, those days may be over for me.   I thought I would wake up today and feel differently, but I do not.  

I'm just wondering if anyone here has had a similar experience. 

Thanks for reading my rant.  

No problems.... sorry it didn't work out well, if you have kids or elder fans with you that would increase the anxiety

For my visits I aimed to park 90 minutes early, visited a few locals, entered with over hour to go and minimal (but sometimes) waits for security to do its job, used the facilities and then bought my beer and food upon entry and tried not to have to make a trip away from the seat until I was leaving the stadium for good.

things are gonna happen....

13 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Nothing pisses me off more than jerk security and the lecture is BS... Most are very polite... But there is always that guy.. guess you found him.. so sorry... I take a name down and have filed complaints... not at New Era... not had a problem... but a couple of them were reassigned for training in two cases that I complained about. :)

one time we were held up by security refusing to let a clearly mentally challenged fan enter with a napsack even though it was searched through and he was crying and everyone was chanting LET HIM IN !!! went on for 10 minutes...

the best was the Donahoe-era Denver Saturday prime time game in December and no paper bags were allowed in, so security did full searches and piled Tops Friendly Markets bags to the moon, thank goodness 100s still got in, some great decorating in my section, and ESPN made sure to display them during the game.

• Haha (+1) 1

So lets see...

Security doing their job and following rules and policy  

Long lines at a venue that has over 70,000 people in it

Paid 100 dollars for a NFL ticket...

So where is your gripes and moans at?  Stay home and you will have the following...

No line to the Fridge...

No rules or policies to follow except your wifes rules...

100 spend on food and beer insted of ticket 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

You gotta utilize TV timeouts or pick a spot in the game you wouldnt mind missing a couple minutes.  

I am the one routinely sent out at sporting events to get refreshments, souvenirs, or to water my horse.  Only then are runs, goals, or touchdowns scored.  ?

16 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I am the one routinely sent out at sporting events to get refreshments, souvenirs, or to water my horse.  Only then are runs, goals, or touchdowns scored.  ?

but you are there to sing SHOUT after the field goals?

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

When the security guard overshadows the Bills play in the first half you know it must have been really bad experience. I thought this rant was going to be about the Bills but I was wrong. 

Unfortunately this is so true.  At any rate, my point was really just to see if anyone else thought the same.  I take it from the feedback the vast majority think I overreached.  I guess that is a good thing.  

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

I got to tell you I used to have season tickets for 18 year & I gave them up two years ago.  I am 45 now, when I was younger I never missed a game.  Keep in mind most of the seasons there were usually at least 2 or 3 meaningless late games.  Then the last couple years I had tickets I would skip the cold games, then I found myself skipping games where the weather was actually nice.    My last two years I had tickets I think I went to three games each year.   I still take my son to a few games a year(we went yesterday) but I just don't have as much fun going to the games anymore.  It was so hot out there yesterday, when I got into the game all I could think about is leaving and jumping in my pool.  I talked my son to leaving at half time.  There were a ton of people that were leaving.  So weaving my way around the fans this one kid comes up & punches the back of my car.  So I got out & when I confronted it gets in my face & yells "brady sucks!"  I am not even sure where that came from.  I saw there was no damage so I started laughing but still this kind of stuff is not that amusing to me anymore.  The tailgates are fun but they are not as fun as they used to be when we used to have 15-20 guys there.  The product on the field sucks & it has become a big hassle just getting into the stadium.  My son is getting to an age where he will probably start going with his buddies to the games (he is 15 now).  In 3-4 years when that happens I will be gladly done going to the games.  They are just not any fun anymore imo.  I also bought one beer in the stadium & it was $13 dollars.  I got home around 3, watch the rest of the games out on the patio by the pool & it was so much more enjoyable.  

Friend, what you experienced is just the process of getting old.    It happens to the best of us. ?

2 hours ago, davspo said:

I went to the game yesterday.  What a terrible experience.  We arrived at the gate at about 12:15 and the line was insane.  It took us almost 40 minutes to get to the metal detectors (I think there were a total of 6), and the club seats had the same amount of detectors with no line.  I know they pay for that, and I get it, but it seems to me that they simply do not care about us average Joe's.  We still paid a $100 a ticket for it.  

Most upsetting was the fact that one of the women in our group had a coin purse that they would not let in, despite the original security check person saying it was ok if she put it in a plastic bag that he gave her.  The jack ass of a security guard that told us we couldn't bring it in then belittled us we when protested (I am 50 years old, retired law enforcement and know that I could not yell, use abusive language or act disrespectful) .  Our group consisted of a 74 year old, 62 year old, two 50 year olds and a 24 year old.  Not exactly threatening or belligerent.   The guard was saying stuff like you really think you're important, let me call the Pagulas for you, no better yet I will call the President.  All that I requested was that he speak to the guy standing 30 feet away who told this young lady she could bring it in.  Finally, he "threatened" to call the Sheriff's Deputy over.  I said please do.  He did and at least he was sympathetic.  Finally, and Under Sheriff came by and said not to worry about it and let us in.  Should we have paid more attention to the details, YES.  Do we still deserved to be treated respectfully and professionally, YES.

By the time we got into the game, the experience put a damper on the game.  At half time I went to buy a beer.  Looking at the lines to the restroom and concessions it was apparent that I would not be able to buy a beer without missing the kickoff.  

In my humble opinion, the whole event was run very poorly.  It was apparent that the franchise could care less about the fans.  TV revenue is all that matters.  

One game and I quickly remembered why i gave up my season tickets 5 years ago.  

We have all supported this franchise, but I have to say, those days may be over for me.   I thought I would wake up today and feel differently, but I do not.  

I'm just wondering if anyone here has had a similar experience. 

Thanks for reading my rant.  

Entered via gate 7 yesterday which is the normal gate we go in.    The line was exceptionally long (much longer than a normal game).   I think more people waited longer than normal to go in because the tailgating weather was so awesome.     Entered the line to get in at 12:30.   Got past security at about 12:52.    Still time to whiz, grab a beer and get to the seat before kickoff.    But yeah, it sucks when you miss a good flyby because security was slower than you are used to.

One thing I noticed yesterday was that they seemed to be understaffed with screeners.   At gate 7 there were at least 2 unused metal detectors.   Those lines were blocked off seemingly because there was no person to monitor them as people walked through them.    There were more than enough ticket scanning people at gate 7 and definitely not enough security screeners.    They need to fix that.    And it is normally not that bad.   For a normal game you can get in line at 12:30 and be the other side of the fence at 12:35-12:40.   5 or ten minutes at most.   As you get closer to 1PM the lines grow exponentially.

I saw no issue whatsoever with lines for beer, food or latrines.  Price of food and beer is outrageous yes, but access to them was terrific I felt (at least in the section I was in).

• Like (+1) 1