New Era Field

davspo

I went to the game yesterday.  What a terrible experience.  We arrived at the gate at about 12:15 and the line was insane.  It took us almost 40 minutes to get to the metal detectors (I think there were a total of 6), and the club seats had the same amount of detectors with no line.  I know they pay for that, and I get it, but it seems to me that they simply do not care about us average Joe's.  We still paid a $100 a ticket for it.  

Most upsetting was the fact that one of the women in our group had a coin purse that they would not let in, despite the original security check person saying it was ok if she put it in a plastic bag that he gave her.  The jack ass of a security guard that told us we couldn't bring it in then belittled us we when protested (I am 50 years old, retired law enforcement and know that I could not yell, use abusive language or act disrespectful) .  Our group consisted of a 74 year old, 62 year old, two 50 year olds and a 24 year old.  Not exactly threatening or belligerent.   The guard was saying stuff like you really think you're important, let me call the Pagulas for you, no better yet I will call the President.  All that I requested was that he speak to the guy standing 30 feet away who told this young lady she could bring it in.  Finally, he "threatened" to call the Sheriff's Deputy over.  I said please do.  He did and at least he was sympathetic.  Finally, and Under Sheriff came by and said not to worry about it and let us in.  Should we have paid more attention to the details, YES.  Do we still deserved to be treated respectfully and professionally, YES.

By the time we got into the game, the experience put a damper on the game.  At half time I went to buy a beer.  Looking at the lines to the restroom and concessions it was apparent that I would not be able to buy a beer without missing the kickoff.  

In my humble opinion, the whole event was run very poorly.  It was apparent that the franchise could care less about the fans.  TV revenue is all that matters.  

In today's #metoo movement days, I find it interesting that they could get away with requiring women to use only clear plastic containers without any exception for small bags for personal items.  

One game and I quickly remembered why i gave up my season tickets 5 years ago.  

We have all supported this franchise, but I have to say, those days may be over for me.   I thought I would wake up today and feel differently, but I do not.  

I'm just wondering if anyone here has had a similar experience. 

Thanks for reading my rant.  

• Like (+1) 1

This is how large events are with thousands of people. There is no way to change that.

You had a bad experience with one of the guards. Sounds like you let that experience effect your opinion on the rest.

• Like (+1) 2

You have legit beef over how security treated you, I'll give you that. 

But the rest of your post makes it seem like you're complaining that an event attended by over seventy thousand people was crowded. I don't really know how to help you there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sorry you had a bad time, but let me get this right you are upset because someone was doing their job and enforcing the rules your party chose not to follow?

Not at all. I was upset because of the complete lack of respect.  

10 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

You have legit beef over how security treated you, I'll give you that. 

But the rest of your post makes it seem like you're complaining that an event attended by over seventy thousand people was crowded. I don't really know how to help you there.

I get it and expected to wait.  I just think that 6 metal detectors for roughly 30,000 people is very poor planning.  I guess I just expected a bit more.  No worries, they will do fine without me and I will do fine without them.  People in Buffalo are special.  I know people in other cities would not go for this.  I've been to over 10 NFL venues and can honestly say their fans are treated better.  

8 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

First time at a Bills game?

WOW you are one funny guy! Man you must be something to hang out with at a party.  

Edited by davspo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, davspo said:

Not at all. I was upset because of the complete lack or respect.  

I get it and expected to wait.  I just think that 6 metal detectors for roughly 30,000 people is very poor planning.  I guess I just expected a bit more.  No worries, they will do fine without me and I will do fine without them.  People in Buffalo are special.  I know people in other cities would not go for this.  I've been to over 10 NFL venues and can honestly say their fans are treated better.  

WOW you are one funny guy! Man you must be something to hang out with at a party.  

But the person initially said you cannot bring it in - which is right, then you protested.  So he did his job and you complained sorry

Your story sounds like you where already heated by the lines and then Security doing their job set you off.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

But the person initially said you cannot bring it in - which is right, then you protested.  So he did his job and you complained sorry

Your story sounds like you where already heated by the lines and then Security doing their job set you off.

Except we were initially told by security when we entered the line that it would be allow.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, davspo said:

Except we were initially told by security when we entered the line that it would be allow.  

So the Initial guy DIDN'T do his job, So maybe there is your complaint.

Very clear as day One Click at BB.com to get there https://www.buffalobills.com/stadium/gate-entry-and-permitted-items

Not trying to be a dick here but this is clear as day and been in place for awhile now

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

My One Buffalo App froze at the ticket checker.  Luckily, I downloaded the tix into my google pay account and was able to access those.  Im sure their ticketing system with an unstable app and spotty wifi coverage doesnt help.  We walked up to the game about 15 minutes earlier than we normally do, anticipating possible delays due to the electronic tickets.  We were early, about 12:05-12:10 and there was no line at all.

But yeah, you need to check the rules twice before going to an event these days.  They do not mess around, and wont bend the rules.  

Also, trying to use a restroom at halftime or get concessions isnt an advisable move no matter where you are.  Same with a hockey game at intermission.  You gotta utilize TV timeouts or pick a spot in the game you wouldnt mind missing a couple minutes.  

Edited by May Day 10

I was there. Lines seemed to move faster than normal at 12:20 when I walked up to gate 2. We waited maybe 5 mins to get in, 2 mins for a couple beers at the top of the ramp, 5 mins wait to take a piss, and on to our seats.

One of the fastest experiences I've had there.

Halftime was another story, and leaving was downright quick since 60% of the stadium left halfway through the 4th.

I haven't been in a few years, so the new concessions were nice as well. I'm having a hard time complaining about anything besides the product on the field and the sun, which stole my soul.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, davspo said:

Not at all. I was upset because of the complete lack or respect.  

I got to tell you I used to have season tickets for 18 year & I gave them up two years ago.  I am 45 now, when I was younger I never missed a game.  Keep in mind most of the seasons there were usually at least 2 or 3 meaningless late games.  Then the last couple years I had tickets I would skip the cold games, then I found myself skipping games where the weather was actually nice.    My last two years I had tickets I think I went to three games each year.   I still take my son to a few games a year(we went yesterday) but I just don't have as much fun going to the games anymore.  It was so hot out there yesterday, when I got into the game all I could think about is leaving and jumping in my pool.  I talked my son to leaving at half time.  There were a ton of people that were leaving.  So weaving my way around the fans this one kid comes up & punches the back of my car.  So I got out & when I confronted it gets in my face & yells "brady sucks!"  I am not even sure where that came from.  I saw there was no damage so I started laughing but still this kind of stuff is not that amusing to me anymore.  The tailgates are fun but they are not as fun as they used to be when we used to have 15-20 guys there.  The product on the field sucks & it has become a big hassle just getting into the stadium.  My son is getting to an age where he will probably start going with his buddies to the games (he is 15 now).  In 3-4 years when that happens I will be gladly done going to the games.  They are just not any fun anymore imo.  I also bought one beer in the stadium & it was $13 dollars.  I got home around 3, watch the rest of the games out on the patio by the pool & it was so much more enjoyable.  

31 minutes ago, davspo said:

I went to the game yesterday.  What a terrible experience.  We arrived at the gate at about 12:15 and the line was insane.  It took us almost 40 minutes to get to the metal detectors (I think there were a total of 6), and the club seats had the same amount of detectors with no line.  I know they pay for that, and I get it, but it seems to me that they simply do not care about us average Joe's.  We still paid a $100 a ticket for it.  

Most upsetting was the fact that one of the women in our group had a coin purse that they would not let in, despite the original security check person saying it was ok if she put it in a plastic bag that he gave her.  The jack ass of a security guard that told us we couldn't bring it in then belittled us we when protested (I am 50 years old, retired law enforcement and know that I could not yell, use abusive language or act disrespectful) .  Our group consisted of a 74 year old, 62 year old, two 50 year olds and a 24 year old.  Not exactly threatening or belligerent.   The guard was saying stuff like you really think you're important, let me call the Pagulas for you, no better yet I will call the President.  All that I requested was that he speak to the guy standing 30 feet away who told this young lady she could bring it in.  Finally, he "threatened" to call the Sheriff's Deputy over.  I said please do.  He did and at least he was sympathetic.  Finally, and Under Sheriff came by and said not to worry about it and let us in.  Should we have paid more attention to the details, YES.  Do we still deserved to be treated respectfully and professionally, YES.

By the time we got into the game, the experience put a damper on the game.  At half time I went to buy a beer.  Looking at the lines to the restroom and concessions it was apparent that I would not be able to buy a beer without missing the kickoff.  

In my humble opinion, the whole event was run very poorly.  It was apparent that the franchise could care less about the fans.  TV revenue is all that matters.  

In today's #metoo movement days, I find it interesting that they could get away with requiring women to use only clear plastic containers without any exception for small bags for personal items.  

One game and I quickly remembered why i gave up my season tickets 5 years ago.  

We have all supported this franchise, but I have to say, those days may be over for me.   I thought I would wake up today and feel differently, but I do not.  

I'm just wondering if anyone here has had a similar experience. 

Thanks for reading my rant.  

You should go to TripAdvisor and leave them a bad review.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

We watched the game on an 85" Sony TV with Football Mode. Had Wings, fries, celery, carrots, and corn on the cob. Our group's ages were 72, 72, 48, 41, 13. Did not wait for Drinks or to use the bathroom. Did not have to pay $500 to have the opportunity to wait 40 minutes to be searched and scrutinized. Did not have to deal with any rude security people or request help from local law enforcement. We all have choices.

• Like (+1) 1