Every throw from Josh Allen’s 1st start

YoloinOhio

Did the throw to Holmes in the end zone bounce off his hands?  Looked like a decent throw all things considered.  Then it looks like Holmes dropped another one 2 or 3 throws later.  The interception while he was getting pulled down was just dumb but that's what rookies do a few times.  He'll fix that.  All in all it looks like he can move the ball.  He's more of a muscle car forcing it's way through the wind than a Ferrari slicing through it but I think he can get the job done.

• Like (+1) 1

I thought he looked real shaky throwing the ball. Very inaccurate, not leading receivers..  

Hoping this gets better but I am very concerned at this junction

Ok Joe you laughed at this but the video shows a QB who was exactly this. I watched it more than once.. 

2 really bad INt's, not leading WRs who were clearly open.. left wide open Wr's a few times while he focused on one side of the field

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I thought he looked real shaky throwing the ball. Very inaccurate, not leading receivers..  

In his First NFL Start, replicated 7 plus year TT (minus the picks when he was trying to make plays to get the win, those will happen with an aggressive QB).

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, MAJBobby said:

In his First NFL Start, replicated 7 plus year TT (minus the picks when he was trying to make plays to get the win, those will happen with an aggressive QB).

I'm not asking for excuses.. I am just calling it the way I saw it and then after I got to review it.

I'm not writing this guy off but he has to get much better.... much better..

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not asking for excuses.. I am just calling it the way I saw it and then after I got to review it.

I'm not writing this guy off but he has to get much better.... much better..

Again

First NFL Start replicated the last QB with 7+ years of development

7 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Ok Joe you laughed at this but the video shows a QB who was exactly this. I watched it more than once.. 

2 really bad INt's, not leading WRs who were clearly open.. left wide open Wr's a few times while he focused on one side of the field

I wish this was Jeopardy.

99% of the human race would answer: “What is a QB in his first ever NFL start?”

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

I wish this was Jeopardy.

99% of the human race would answer: “What is a QB in his first ever NFL start?”

and yet nobody can take an honest observation here.. I can be dishonest if you like

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Again

First NFL Start replicated the last QB with 7+ years of development

again calling it the way I see it. I would of liked to have seen A LOT MORE POSITIVES. At this junction he looked shaky..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

and yet nobody can take an honest observation here.. I can be dishonest if you like

again calling it the way I see it. I would of liked to have seen A LOT MORE POSITIVES. At this junction he looked shaky..

Like what.  What is YOUR expectation of a Rookie (mind you one that has been told over and over again to be Raw and needs work) in his First NFL Start? Behind this Offensive Line with these Weapons?

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

Yes, but your observation isn't taking into account that it's his first start. you're grading him as if he's a veteran. so it's disingenuous.

"im very concerned at this junction" 

What junction? the first game he's ever played? you say that phrase when it's like year two and he's not leading WRs. you're being a contrarian. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 8

Being honest includes taking into account context. It's not dishonest to point out a rookie making his first NFL start with a porous o-line, inadequate receivers and trying to overcome a 28 - 6 deficit.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

after one nfl start I would of liked to have seen A LOT MORE POSITIVES. 

Edited by no name
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I don’t think anyone cares if you’re being honest or not. It’s the words you choose to write that are the issue.

Opinion or not, it’s a pretty awful one.

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Like what.  What is YOUR expectation of a Rookie in his First NFL Start?

2 passes to wide open receivers thrown way off target. Would of liked to see him throw and accurate passes here. He had time he just made piss poor throws to them

More than few very inaccurate thrown incompletions

2 INT's that were very poorly poorly thrown footballs and one of them should of been thrown out of bounds. The other was underthrown. Not an end all but not encouraging either.

Hopefully he is a quick learner and these things fade away quickly.  

What do I expect.. improvement

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

2 passes to wide open receivers thrown way off target. Would of liked to see him throw and accurate passes here. He had time he just made piss poor throws to them

2 INT's that were very poorly poorly thrown footballs and one of them should of been thrown out of bounds. The other was underthrown. Not an end all but not encouraging either.

OK How can someone improve within their FIRST NFL start??

Can I ask did you Like Taylor?

And one of your quotes "I want Great QB Play"  Sorry if that is what you expected from a QBs 1st NFL start.

Edited by MAJBobby

If you want to not like him there is plenty here to reinforce it. If you want to like him there is just as much to think he can or will be very good. 

There were five really great throws. There were five really bad ones. There were not guys wide open very much at all. He got very little help. Fosters two plays were very good. That mini pass showed great awareness and speed. Then excellent diving catch. 

The two INTs were very bad. He’s going to learn not to throw first I assume. I love how he stands in there though. He wasn’t nervous I don’t think. He just needs game action so it slows down for him, some blocking and some WR. Daboll had some decent play design. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Being honest includes taking into account context. It's not dishonest to point out a rookie making his first NFL start with a porous o-line, inadequate receivers and trying to overcome a 28 - 6 deficit.

not sure what context I HAVE to take. I made the observation based on professional football

I don't agree that our WR situation is that bad... it is not great but if your going to use WR as an excuse then I just don't agree.. The OL looks bad that I agree..

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

If what you are saying is that you dont want to crown Josh a franshise QB right now that is fair

I think its a little unfair to get on a rookie QB making rookie mistakes when they are a rookie......lets keep in mind here that he isnt exactly walking into the best situation of a team around him helping HIM out......his legs saved a lot of sacks yesterday.