Is anyone THAT upset being 0-2?

Steptide

i'm not all that mad about it. its not all that surprising.... i'm a little annoyed with how certain things have been handled leading up to it though. and I had assumed, after milking 9 wins out of a low talent team last year, that McDermott would have the team competing better than what they are now. so that's concerning.

49 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I found myself not caring at all that we lost yesterday. I was actually more excited to see Josh Allen's potential. 

Listening to the post game and even reading posts here, it seems most fans wernt THAT upset about it. This is a true re building year. We don't have that much talent at key positions. While I still want this team to win and turn it around this season, I'm fully pre pared for a 3 or 4 win season. 

I was absolutely upset through the first 6 quarters of this season and felt somewhat better after that. But in particular, I have a growing sense of unease about McBeane's team building philosophy. Getting rid of several players in 2 years who could have helped is worrisome. We have a barely adequate roster of starters, let alone depth. This is not a good way to start their regimes. The "re-building" and getting "Players that fit and buy-in" sounds more like excuses. Has the collective fan base become so used to mediocrity that it doesnt get upset at what they have seen ?

48 minutes ago, 87168 said:

I think it's less being 0-2, and more feeling as if the wheels have completely fallen off. 

This ^^ Im so fine with taking out medicine because I/we have all known next year is when the pieces are supposed to come together.  But damn we turning in to a joke, a dumpster inferno hotter than any browns team (imo) through the first two weeks.  Id be cool with 0-16 but if the point diff is 60 points every week how long are we supposed to remain loyal.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

No, they absolutely !@#$ing do not.

What a childish statement that is.

Hope is childish. Trying to make it about someone not in control for board points is childish. Lets have a conversation. Stop dodging the questions for you're childish faith.

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I was absolutely upset through the first 6 quarters of this season and felt somewhat better after that. But in particular, I have a growing sense of unease about McBeane's team building philosophy. Getting rid of several players in 2 years who could have helped is worrisome. We have a barely adequate roster of starters, let alone depth. This is not a good way to start their regimes. The "re-building" and getting "Players that fit and buy-in" sounds more like excuses. Has the collective fan base become so used to mediocrity that it doesnt get upset at what they have seen ?

One thing I’ve found to be 100% certain is that, no matter what the Bills are doing, there will be plenty of rabid apologists ready to defend them every step of the way. 

It’s ok to be annoyed as a fan of this team. The defense was absolutely not supposed to regress like this.

Edited by Rockpile233

Just now, CuddyDark said:

Hope is childish. Trying to make it about someone not in control for board points is childish. Lets have a conversation. Stop dodging the questions for you're childish faith.

I haven't dodged ****. I laid it out on the table.

THIS IS THE BURNER YEAR. This is where they pay the piper for jettisoning Whaley's overpaid underachieving trash. This is the tank year that should have happened LAST year. I'm on record for all of these points.

And yes, it's absolutely childish for you to think the Bills owe YOU anything. It's self-absorption at best, narcissism at worst.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

This ^^ Im so fine with taking out medicine because I/we have all known next year is when the pieces are supposed to come together.  But damn we turning in to a joke, a dumpster inferno hotter than any browns team (imo) through the first two weeks.  Id be cool with 0-16 but if the point diff is 60 points every week how long are we supposed to remain loyal.

How can you say this?

55 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I found myself not caring at all that we lost yesterday. I was actually more excited to see Josh Allen's potential. 

Listening to the post game and even reading posts here, it seems most fans wernt THAT upset about it. This is a true re building year. We don't have that much talent at key positions. While I still want this team to win and turn it around this season, I'm fully pre pared for a 3 or 4 win season. 

Yes as there was no need for thiis.

It's all been self inflicted.

I dunno but alot of teams have been better and won Super Bowls after being a middling 8-8, 7-9 or 9-7 the year prior without having to blow the whole thing up. 

As a matter of fact I cant recall the last team that won a SB after a complete tear down and rebuild.

Does that even work in the NFL?

40 minutes ago, nucci said:

amazing how so many just accept losing with the hope we may have a decent team in 3-4 years

Try to grasp that this organization was run into the ground for over 16 years; unfortunately the NFL is the real world and not a SITCOM or reality TV where huge problems are fixed in less than one hour! And I throw a big red BS Flag that simply because many of us, who have been following this team since 1960 and been through good times, hard times and more importantly understand the organizational concept of rebuilding - accept losing.  It's called adult reality world! Go ahead and talk smack now, but when this thing turns around go sit in a corner!

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

I haven't dodged ****. I laid it out on the table.

THIS IS THE BURNER YEAR. This is where they pay the piper for jettisoning Whaley's overpaid underachieving trash. This is the tank year that should have happened LAST year. I'm on record for all of these points.

And yes, it's absolutely childish for you to think the Bills owe YOU anything. It's self-absorption at best, narcissism at worst.

If it's a burn year why sign Star to a big contract? Why sign Murphy to a starter contract? Why sign Davis to any contract?

57 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I was irritated during the game at some of the things that happened (just how BAD the D looked again (in the first half)) but I think at this point I'm in preseason mode with the team...I'm really just interested in seeing Allen get reps and for the team to start competing more.  I think after the start they've had and the remaining schedule it is going to be a long season but I am excited to see if/how Allen develops the most.

Just now, CuddyDark said:

If it's a burn year why sign Star to a big contract? Why sign Murphy to a starter contract? Why sign Davis to any contract?

Star hasn't been as awful as most of the scrubs around here make him out to be. Which Murphy? Davis was a body they were hoping would work out, it didn't. That happens. And, if I'm correct, they'll recoup most of his salary anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

I don't have any doubt this team is gonna try and win. I think I actually heard a hint of optimism in McDermott's voice yesterday when talking about Allen. They COULD still turn things around. It just all depends when this team starts to gel and when Allen settles in. Could be next week, could be week 12