Is anyone THAT upset being 0-2?

Steptide

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

Don’t care.   Only go for the tailgate game is a bonus. 

Meade's all about the tailgate! Lol. We'd be podcasting but my buddy and i aren't up for discussing Bills blowouts. Until something exciting comes up.. I'll let you know! Tell us some 2018 tailgate stories.

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Joe's gone off the rails dude. Give him time. He was a cool dude last year. I think he's going through the denial stage of the grief process.

Oh no, I'm perfectly fine, man.

In fact, I've just started the process of making this board a far more enjoyable place with liberal usage of the ignore tool :)

17 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Oh no, I'm perfectly fine, man.

In fact, I've just started the process of making this board a far more enjoyable place with liberal usage of the ignore tool :)

that is just for PPP,  you should be able to get along with 95% of the posts on TSW....  :D

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
20 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Sure, people have a right to throw their tantrums. No one's denying them that.

But other people have a right to call them out for being stupid and short-sighted.

How short sighted is it?  McDermott manages the game (like many coaches do) as if in game analytics don't exist.  His fondness for running over passing and punting the ball is disturbing.  I thought once Doug Pederson showed everyone the example, more would follow.  There are a lot of things I like about McDermott but his old school game management is not one of them.

McDermott is a "defensive coach", but blowouts are becoming a regular thing, which should shake the confidence imo of fans and ownership.

McBean's 2018 free agent class might be the worst in Bills history.

There are extremely valid reasons to question this regime.

Finally, I know why he does it, but I am sick of McDermott's coach speak.  I am a very knowledgeable fan and have suffered for decades along with everyone else.  Him getting up there and saying the same bs time after time, after we get spanked, rubs me the wrong way.  

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

15 minutes ago, McNubbins said:

Meh, not really.  Rookie QB, no weapons to throw to and a terrible oline.  I am a little disappointed with how the D has looked though.

Are you at all disspointed that our rookie QB has no weapons to throw to and a crappy oline?  We did have a draft and free agency period to get help.

I mean, I had an idea it wasn’t going to be good. But am I upset, kinda, considering it wasnt fun to watch. 

I watch for entertainment and it wasnt entertaining. I’m also pretty upset they said they were going to bring our qb around the right way. 

Throwing him him out there with that line is damn near negligence. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Are you at all disspointed that our rookie QB has no weapons to throw to and a crappy oline?  We did have a draft and free agency period to get help.

It is curious that they decided to give their 7th overall rookie QB nothing to work with.

21 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Just think of the players off the bickering Bills that McBean would have gotten rid of

Bruce

Jim

Darryl

Biscut

Andre

You can't just get rid of talented players in the name of process and replace them with nothing. I was on board in the beginning but the start to this season has me really questioning what is going on here.

There still was no need to tear it all down, none whatsoever. If McBean feels he was incapable of expanding and attempting to make better a 9-7 playoff team then I don't know if I would trust him to rebuild anything.

I really do get your concern. But to your point about replacing them with nothing, if we go through the upcoming offseason not getting a windfall of quality FA's with all of the cash laying around, and multiplying our draft capital, I'd be more inclined to agree with you--I just think it's too early to say we've gotten nothing back, since it seems like everything's been geared towards writing off bad contract dead money and gaining picks, so at least that's a plan for enabling significant future acquisitions to move the product on the field forwards to compete for the actual division and knock of the Patsies once and for all. The problem is that's happened at the expense of short term competitiveness, worse than I expected for sure, and this on the heels of the playoffs, so our fan expectations are of course that we should be repeating, not going bottoms up. I don't think Beane has been as transparent and/or honest as he probably should've been along the way about this--no managing of expectations, or not enough at least. 

3 hours ago, Lv-Bills said:

Yep, it's actually sickening.  I've never seen a franchise that has fans conditioned to think this way.  Anyone with any kind of objectivity could see that this team was putrid when all positions of need were neglected and ignored this offseason.  This coming off of a playoff year, in which the AFC was absolutely horrible. 

Think about it this way.  The Bills could easily be the only team in the AFC that didn't get better.  Easily the only team that didn't get better or at least stay the same.

Broncos - Better

Oakland - Better

Houston - Better

Tenn - Same/Decent

And we just gave up a year......and for what?  Are we the first team in NFL history to tank a season for a Non-QB first overall pick next year, even though we still don't know what we have at QB?

Garbage

Oakland and Broncos look like bad football teams. Texans/Deshaun are underachieving and the Titans are a 5 or 6 win team that should have lost to the Texans if the Texans weren't poorly coached with bad penalties, poor play by Watson, and poor play by the special teams

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

How short sighted is it?  McDermott manages the game (like many coaches do) as if in game analytics don't exist.  His fondness for running over passing and punting the ball is disturbing.  I thought once Doug Pederson showed everyone the example, more would follow.  There are a lot of things I like about McDermott but his old school game management is not one of them.

McDermott is a "defensive coach", but blowouts are becoming a regular thing, which should shake the confidence imo of fans and ownership.

McBean's 2018 free agent class might be the worst in Bills history.

There are extremely valid reasons to question this regime.

Finally, I know why he does it, but I am sick of McDermott's coach speak.  I am a very knowledgeable fan and have suffered for decades along with everyone else.  Him getting up there and saying the same bs time after time, after we get spanked, rubs me the wrong way.  

I'm still not willing to pull the plug on McD, I feel like his fundamental back to basics approach was needed after blustering blowhard Sexy Rexy & nepotism-enabled Rob hit their ceiling, lost their mojo and couldn't get out of their own way, but the goodwill checks are definitely being cashed in at a drunken sailor in Rio type pace. Hopefully Allen gets the help he needs, and soon. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
10 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I'm still not willing to pull the plug on McD, I feel like his fundamental back to basics approach was needed after blustering blowhard Sexy Rexy & nepotism-enabled Rob hit their ceiling, lost their mojo and couldn't get out of their own way, but the goodwill checks are definitely being cashed in at a drunken sailor in Rio type pace. Hopefully Allen gets the help he needs, and soon. 

I'm not ready to pull the plug on them either.  They ended the drought in year one and should have a  long leash, but there are some serious warning signs going on here.

I agree with the philosophy of stripping down and trading away players for draft assets, but you can go too far.  You can deplete yourself of so much talent that you make it nearly impossible to get over the hump in the time you need to, to keep your job. 

This team appears to have struck out in free agency.  They are going to need a huge off-season to be competitive next year.  If they have free agent duds and don't have a major immediate impact from the draft, they will bottom feeders next season.  Unless Josh Allen is the real deal Holyfield, then all bets are off.  If he isn't it could be some ugly years again.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

12 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

If the Bills second half defense show up week in week out than Allen has a chance to win some games  Run Chris Ivory more

it requires the opponent with a commanding lead to let up and grind out the clock

did you see the stats Rivers compiled for that effort, considering the second half?

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it requires the opponent with a commanding lead to let up and grind out the clock

did you see the stats Rivers compiled for that effort, considering the second half?

I'd like to see us play well in the first half while it's still a game sometime this season.

27 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I really do get your concern. But to your point about replacing them with nothing, if we go through the upcoming offseason not getting a windfall of quality FA's with all of the cash laying around, and multiplying our draft capital, I'd be more inclined to agree with you--I just think it's too early to say we've gotten nothing back, since it seems like everything's been geared towards writing off bad contract dead money and gaining picks, so at least that's a plan for enabling significant future acquisitions to move the product on the field forwards to compete for the actual division and knock of the Patsies once and for all. The problem is that's happened at the expense of short term competitiveness, worse than I expected for sure, and this on the heels of the playoffs, so our fan expectations are of course that we should be repeating, not going bottoms up. I don't think Beane has been as transparent and/or honest as he probably should've been along the way about this--no managing of expectations, or not enough at least. 

how many quality FAs can you sign in one offseason?