Is anyone THAT upset being 0-2?

Steptide

28 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

If it's a burn year why sign Star to a big contract? Why sign Murphy to a starter contract? Why sign Davis to any contract?

Because those players combined with the players that will be brought in NEXT year will end up being a good team......I would rather watch Star then I would Adolphus Washington who gets pushed all over the field

By the way....not sure if you noticed it but Murphy actually did not have that bad of a game yesterday......he WAS getting pressure on the QB he isnt Joey Bosa and he is not getting paid like a Joey Bosa type talent......

27 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Yes as there was no need for thiis.

It's all been self inflicted.

I dunno but alot of teams have been better and won Super Bowls after being a middling 8-8, 7-9 or 9-7 the year prior without having to blow the whole thing up. 

As a matter of fact I cant recall the last team that won a SB after a complete tear down and rebuild.

Does that even work in the NFL?

Thank you.  Tear-down rebuilds are not how it’s done in the NFL.  Teams rebuild on the fly and it is a league designed for parity.  Anyone selling you that we need to tear it down and start over to be good is full of it.  If this team goes 1-15 or 0-16 it will be because of incompetence, not as the residue of some grand plan or process.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Because those players combined with the players that will be brought in NEXT year will end up being a good team......I would rather watch Star then I would Adolphus Washington who gets pushed all over the field

By the way....not sure if you noticed it but Murphy actually did not have that bad of a game yesterday......he WAS getting pressure on the QB he isnt Joey Bosa and he is not getting paid like a Joey Bosa type talent......

He still hasn't clarified which Murphy he was talking about.

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I get the WR angle, but there were guys open and not thrown too, underthrown and overthrown.  Plus KB caught Zay's stone hands. 

Where's O'Leary when you need him!

I guess my point is, from the looks of this roster, most of the players that would be on our next playoff team are not on the team now. It's not encouraging.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I found myself not caring at all that we lost yesterday. I was actually more excited to see Josh Allen's potential. 

Listening to the post game and even reading posts here, it seems most fans wernt THAT upset about it. This is a true re building year. We don't have that much talent at key positions. While I still want this team to win and turn it around this season, I'm fully pre pared for a 3 or 4 win season. 

Not upset that we lost.  But I am upset about the manner in which we have lost the first two games.  They have not looked competitive at all, and it's really depressing to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, R Y G A R said:

I'm already looking at 2019 mock drafts =D

14 more fun-filled games of excitement still to go

you'll pay for the whole seat, but you'll only be using 1/3 of it due to the excitement

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Anyone with a smidgen of patience and common sense isn't upset today.

If I’m not mistake you predicted 9 wins easily. Now it’s common sense that this was to be expected?

You went from expecting 9 wins to totally being fine being the laughing stock of the league?

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I found myself not caring at all that we lost yesterday. I was actually more excited to see Josh Allen's potential. 

Listening to the post game and even reading posts here, it seems most fans wernt THAT upset about it. This is a true re building year. We don't have that much talent at key positions. While I still want this team to win and turn it around this season, I'm fully pre pared for a 3 or 4 win season. 

I'm not upset about the W-L record per se, but I am upset about the way the Bills played last week and in the first half.

As I've said elsewhere, there's a difference between a loss - you can lose because of 1 to 3 mistake plays in an overall strong effort - and being embarrassed by a large scale and consistent display of incompetence in all 3 phases of the game.

2 minutes ago, MDH said:

If I’m not mistake you predicted 9 wins easily. Now it’s common sense that this was to be expected?

You went from expecting 9 wins to totally being fine being the laughing stock of the league?

It's kind of like the inverse of last year for me. At the start of last year, I desperately wanted them to tank. Then playoff fever took over.

This year, I wanted to them to build off last year. But now tank fever and visions of #1 overall are dancing in the head.

Edit: and frankly, I didn't foresee this kind of defensive struggle.

Edited by joesixpack

2 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

Not upset that we lost.  But I am upset about the manner in which we have lost the first two games.  They have not looked competitive at all, and it's really depressing to watch.

I'm worried guys like Tre White will get disillusioned. Makes the playoffs in a stellar rookie year. Couldn't make an impact to help win the game if he played like Deion Sanders.

It creates a losing culture if Tre White steps on the field knowing he'll lose and there's nothing he can do about it.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Again this is hope. No proof this will actually happen.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

It's kind of like the inverse of last year for me. At the start of last year, I desperately wanted them to tank. Then playoff fever took over.

This year, I wanted to them to build off last year. But now tank fever and visions of #1 overall are dancing in the head.

We are going through the rough part of our schedule

I need to see what the team looks like against the "middling" teams in our schedule before I can even get a sense of what our record might be.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

is there a particular player at #1 overall that would be the prize at this stage? Serious question, cause that would be amazing to get another Bruce Smith, but I don't follow college football and assume it'll be in flux until March.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

is there a particular player at #1 overall that would be the prize at this stage? Serious question, cause that would be amazing to get another Bruce Smith, but I don't follow college football and assume it'll be in flux until March.

Well, I'd be more excited for #1 because of the potential bounty it would bring in picks. Say we could move from 1 to 3 and pick up a 2020 1, a couple twos and a three. That would be outstanding.

• Like (+1) 1