Is anyone THAT upset being 0-2?

Steptide

21 minutes ago, wppete said:

I thought we were going to have a competitive team to cheer for this year. This is so awful.

Seriously HOW could you think that???  ALL the signs were there that the Bills were going to struggle, the entire preseason showed that.....be prepared for more awful

9 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Correct. It's just !@#$ing wrong.

I really think the drought demented people in a way that just can't be quantified.

it's a patience issue, and i get it.  i don't want to sit through a bunch of losses this year, but we all knew it was coming, and instead of getting excited to B word about it, i'm just dealing with it like an adult.  we're all here for the ride.  i don't know if it will actually improve this team in the future,  but unfortunately this is part of it.

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1

For me, I was angry after week one, but have accepted that this year is about Allen's development, others as well.  hopefully we see some improvement.  I was optimistic w/ the defense in the 2nd half, but not angry.  I knew they were going to lose, and probably lose the next 2 weeks as well.  This is good for Allen to see theses defenses early in his career.

2 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Seriously HOW could you think that???  ALL the signs were there that the Bills were going to struggle, the entire preseason showed that.....be prepared for more awful

You are right. I was drinking the kool-aid McBean was putting out there. My bad.

39 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I found myself not caring at all that we lost yesterday. I was actually more excited to see Josh Allen's potential. 

Listening to the post game and even reading posts here, it seems most fans wernt THAT upset about it. This is a true re building year. We don't have that much talent at key positions. While I still want this team to win and turn it around this season, I'm fully pre pared for a 3 or 4 win season. 

The 1985 Bills started 0-6 - finished 2-12 and fielded Vince Ferragamo and Bruce Mathison directed by Kaye Stephenson (0-4) and Hank Bullough (2-12).

But here was their 1985 Draft

1 1 Bruce Smith *   Defensive end Virginia Tech  
1 14 Derrick Burroughs  Defensive back Memphis  
2 29 Mark Traynowicz  Guard Nebraska  
2 42 Chris Burkett  Wide receiver Jackson State  
3 57 Frank Reich  Quarterback Maryland  
3 63 Hal Garner  Linebacker Utah State  
4 86 Andre Reed *   Wide receiver Kutztown State  
4 112 Dale Hellestrae  Offensive tackle Southern Methodist  
5 130 Jimmy Teal  Wide receiver Texas A&M  
6 141 Mike Hamby  Defensive end Utah State  
7 169 Ron Pitts  Defensive back UCLA

More than losing I think I hate the stupid penalties.   This week was better than the opener but when every good run gets called back or there is a holding call on a punt it drives me nuts.   Outside of that I realize we have little talent and a higher draft position helps more in the long run than a few wins. 

• Like (+1) 3

I'm not happy with the Bills. It's not worth being upset about, although there were times during the game I went a little turrets on them. Mostly, this team is extremely disappointing. Even with all the changes, I would have believed the Bills would have a fire under their ass and be competitive. 

When you bring in a guy who walks out of the stadium at halftime, it shows the front office is a little delusional about "their process." How can you not see the signs coming? If they are bringing in less than "star" players who come with a lunch-pale, give it your all, kicks some ass attitude then they are not seeing something. There's a lot of lazy, uninspired football at OBD.

If the defense suddenly "wakes up" and is in position to be successful with McD calling plays, why wasn't this happening from the beginning? Can't he tell during practice, OTA's,  A YEAR OF GAMES, that Frazier is making the wrong calls and adjustments and players are out of place. 

Josh Allen inspires some hope, but the lack of talent around him is crippling, especially when serviceable vets are on the market. The only reasonable thought is that this is a tank and a throw away season and they want to draft top 3-5. But don't embarrass yourself doing it and become a national joke.

The Bills get the punchlines while Arizona has shown less because it's the way we do things.

33 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

I'm not upset at the actual record, as I had them starting 0-4.  What I am concerned about is the decision making PROCESS so far. McDermott being hired before Beane started the ball rolling in the wrong direction from the get go.  I think McClappity will prove out to be a failure.  I'd be interested to see what would happen if Beane was kept on board and allowed to hire a coach.  IMO a lot of Beane's bad decisions in free agency and draft trade up's have a McDermott character before talent stink to them.

pinned it.

photo-27679.jpg

not concerned although I did think they would be more competitive then they have shown so far but as many are aware of, lack of talent leads to few wins.

I'm leaning toward a 0-3 win team in 2018.

Edited by no name

1 minute ago, Comebackkid said:

More than losing I think I hate the stupid penalties.

Now this is a legitimate beef. I agree, they could be playing better than this even with the overall level of talent. I think if McD takes over defensive playcalling, we'll see improvement on that side of the ball.

Just now, CuddyDark said:

We have bigger questions than to be upset about the season. Questions like what is their plan and why is Beane GM.

They don't owe you an explanation of their plan. That's just unchecked ego on your part.

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

growing pains with a rebuild.

Yes, I agree. This is the first time we’ve seen a complete tear it down and start fresh plan during the drought (yes, I know it ended last year).  

If if we have our quarterback, then I am ok with a bad season. I figured we would go 4-12 this year. 

Thru 1.5 games I was absolutely pissed.

Don't care about the overall final record as long as the defense that played in the 2nd half continues to play and Allen continues to progress.  The win or loss after that means nada to me, because knew this team was going to be bad. (however some of the roster moves are head scratching)

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Now this is a legitimate beef. I agree, they could be playing better than this even with the overall level of talent. I think if McD takes over defensive playcalling, we'll see improvement on that side of the ball.

They don't owe you an explanation of their plan. That's just unchecked ego on your part.

They owe everyone who buys their tickets an explanation.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, joesixpack said:

I hope he does.  A large part has to come from coaching and self discipline.  Too many players don't look prepared and are forgetting basic fundamentals.