Video of Vontae Davis quitting at the half

CuddyDark

59 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

Well, it spoffed the hell out of this hungover fan.Lol

You didn't notice that he looked nothing like Vontae or that he was wearing an all black uniform?

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

You didn't notice that he looked nothing like Vontae or that he was wearing an all black uniform?

Vontae was able to update his wiki, remove the decals from his helmet, file retirement paperwork, change his uniform and downgrade his Benz all at halftime. If that doesn’t scream “process “ then idk what does. 

UPDATE: In a statement, Davis explained his decision to retire Sunday:

This isn't how I pictured retiring from the NFL.

But in my 10th NFL season, I have been doing what my body has been programmed to do: Get ready to play on game day. I've endured multiple surgeries and played through many different injuries throughout my career and, over the last few weeks, this was the latest physical challenge.

But today on the field, reality hit me fast and hard: I shouldn't be out there anymore.

I meant no disrespect to my teammates and coaches. But I hold myself to a standard. Mentally, I always expect myself to play at a high level. But physically, I know today that isn't possible, and I had an honest moment with myself. While I was on the field, I just didn't feel right, and I told the coaches, 'I'm not feeling like myself.'

I also wondered: Do I want to keep sacrificing?

And truthfully, I do not because the season is long, and it's more important for me and my family to walk away healthy than to willfully embrace the warrior mentality and limp away too late.

This was an overwhelming decision, but I'm at peace with myself and my family. I choose to be grateful to God for allowing me to play the game that I have loved as a boy until I turned 30 years old. I choose to be grateful to God for being a part of the NFL and making lifelong friends over the last decade. There were roadblocks and pitfalls along the way, but I am grateful to God for all of it because he doesn't promise any of us an easy journey.

Lastly, I am grateful to God for what he has in store for me ahead, in this next chapter of my life.

Edited by Foxx

10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

UPDATE: In a statement, Davis explained his decision to retire Sunday:

This isn't how I pictured retiring from the NFL.

But in my 10th NFL season, I have been doing what my body has been programmed to do: Get ready to play on game day. I've endured multiple surgeries and played through many different injuries throughout my career and, over the last few weeks, this was the latest physical challenge.

But today on the field, reality hit me fast and hard: I shouldn't be out there anymore.

I meant no disrespect to my teammates and coaches. But I hold myself to a standard. Mentally, I always expect myself to play at a high level. But physically, I know today that isn't possible, and I had an honest moment with myself. While I was on the field, I just didn't feel right, and I told the coaches, 'I'm not feeling like myself.'

I also wondered: Do I want to keep sacrificing?

And truthfully, I do not because the season is long, and it's more important for me and my family to walk away healthy than to willfully embrace the warrior mentality and limp away too late.

This was an overwhelming decision, but I'm at peace with myself and my family. I choose to be grateful to God for allowing me to play the game that I have loved as a boy until I turned 30 years old. I choose to be grateful to God for being a part of the NFL and making lifelong friends over the last decade. There were roadblocks and pitfalls along the way, but I am grateful to God for all of it because he doesn't promise any of us an easy journey.

Lastly, I am grateful to God for what he has in store for me ahead, in this next chapter of my life.

Translation:  Ain't riskin nottin fuh dis joke man.   Fuggit.     I'm out.

21 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Blah blah blah...blow it out your ass, Vontae.

Four shout outs to God, but no apology or mention of the teammates and fans that he selfishly left hanging.  I don't understand how someone would want to go out like that.  I think it's a shameful way to end a career.  If you can't play, that's understandable.  Announce it later in the week.  But the way he handled it, it was a slap in the face to a lot of people.  Vontae will be remembered for this stupid gesture probably more than anything else he's done.  What a dipschytte.

Bills can recoup most of Vontae Davis' salary

With the news that Bills cornerback Vontae Davis decided to retireat halftime during yesterday’s 31-20 loss, many people are wondering what happens with his salary.

According to a report from Spotrac, the Bills have already paid Davis around $4 million through various bonuses and guarantees.

The good news for the team is that due to the odd circumstances surrounding the retirement, the Bills should be able to recoup over $3 million of it, leaving Davis with a little under $1 million for his brief stint in Buffalo.

Edited by Foxx

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Bills can recoup most of Vontae Davis' salary

With the news that Bills cornerback Vontae Davis decided to retire at halftime during yesterday’s 31-20 loss, many people are wondering what happens with his salary.

According to a report from Spotrac, the Bills have already paid Davis around $4 million through various bonuses and guarantees.

The good news for the team is that due to the odd circumstances surrounding the retirement, the Bills should be able to recoup over $3 million of it, leaving Davis with a little under $1 million for his brief stint in Buffalo. ...

My guess is his agent isn't going to give back his cut of the total pie either.

4 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

My guess is his agent isn't going to give back his cut of the total pie either.

that will have to come out of anything Davis gets to keep is my guess.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

no, Vontae. anyone can judge. it is just believed that god is the ultimate judge.

Edited by Foxx

Blame him, but lets be honest. When he signed this was a team coming off the PO with Tyrod, Wood, Richie and Preston. Davis probably thought they'd add to that and make another playoff run. Probably didn't think he'd be playing for a rebuild. Bills are building two teams at the same time. One with vets like we're making a run and one with rookies like we're in rebuild. Makes no sense.

Is Davis' wife hot? If so I'm going to approach her and recite Mr T's speech from Rocky 3.

"hey woman, don't you wish you had a real man? I bet you lay awake every night wishing you had a real man. Bring your pretty little self over to my apartment tonight and I'll show you a real man".

11 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Blame him, but lets be honest. When he signed this was a team coming off the PO with Tyrod, Wood, Richie and Preston. Davis probably thought they'd add to that and make another playoff run. Probably didn't think he'd be playing for a rebuild. Bills are building two teams at the same time. One with vets like we're making a run and one with rookies like we're in rebuild. Makes no sense.

lol. you just like to dig that hole don't you.

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

This is how it will begin. He'll say I'm injured. Will keep money.

oye.

7 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/heres-much-money-vontae-davis-walking-away-quitting-bills-halftime-180152715.html

No one mentions an injury claim scenario.  How much money you think Vontae will try to keep?

This is premature. Also it's speculation. He's not retired until he submits his paperwork. If he want to be a prick alls he has to do is say he was injured.

“Today on the field, reality hit me fast and hard: I shouldn’t be out there anymore,” Davis said in a statement released Sunday night. “I meant no disrespect to my teammates and coaches. But I hold myself to a standard. Mentally, I always expect myself to play at a high level. But physically, I know today that isn’t possible, and I had an honest moment with myself. While I was on the field, I just didn’t feel right, and I told the coaches, ‘I’m not feeling like myself.’

That's what Davis said. Note, "I just didn't feel right. I told my coaches I'm not feeling like myself."

Edited by CuddyDark