Players choosing to retire from Bills

It just seems that one of McDermott's strongest assets is to be inspirational. If this was as true as it seems then people would be lining up and not stepping out of line. Even if they were washed up or still in preseason or during a game, they chose to walk away under his watch.

Edited by DieHardBillsFan

12 minutes ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

It just seems that one of McDermott's strongest assets is to be inspirational. If this was as true as it seems then people would be lining up and not stepping out of line. Even if they were washed up or still in preseason or during a game, they chose to walk away under his watch.

Bro, let it go.  Your examples are bogus.

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it's what makes sports boards worth visiting

You know?--you're right!  Who am I kidding?  I come here for these wrecks!

11 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Boom boom out go the lights.

Dude's thread crashes and burns and he's still adjusting his seatbelt and perusing the in flight menu...

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 hour ago, rodneykm said:

Have either of those guys played for another NFL team since they retired? If you say "it seems like they wanted to play", you'd think they'd be on an NFL roster at this point. 

No way.  The Bills own Boldin's rights, so if he wants to play, they gotta pay.  The Cheats lost interest when they found out the Bills weren't just going to release him.  Screw Boldin, he deserved it.  I also love all the hand-wringing over Richard, like if he just stayed here, he wouldn't have gone bat$#!~ crazy.

4 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Wood retired due to injuries he didn't just up and quit. Richie went nuts but also had injuries. They both retired after the season with plenty of time for them to be replaced. I wouldn't say those two quit. Boldin and Davis Yeah They quit 

Clear evidence that McDermott and Beane's process causes injuries and mental illness!

Boldin and Davis were both finished.

One realized he had lost a step before the season started.

The other realized it after getting beaten like a rented mule several times.

He was probably dog tired from the heat and just quit.

Edited by JMF2006

4 hours ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

Vontae Davis makes the 4th player to Retire from the Bills, rather than play for the Bills, in a little over a year. I know Eric Wood was not by choice, but Anquan Boldin and Richie Incognito both seemed like they still wanted to play. Maybe McDermott isn't as inspirational as we all think he is. He has kept Kyle around at least. So far...

Correlation does not imply causation.

Not with a sample size this small.

Does a certain contingent of players around the league view Buffalo, NY as a Siberian gulag, the last place in the league they would want to end up?  Probably!  

Is that ever going to change?  Probably not.

Is that at play with Davis and Boldin?  I don't know.

4 hours ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

Vontae Davis makes the 4th player to Retire from the Bills, rather than play for the Bills, in a little over a year. I know Eric Wood was not by choice, but Anquan Boldin and Richie Incognito both seemed like they still wanted to play. Maybe McDermott isn't as inspirational as we all think he is. He has kept Kyle around at least. So far...

Eric Wood retired because he was told if he didn't he risked permanent paralysis.  What are you talking about?

Oops, misread.  Never mind.