Why Can't the Bills Fall on a Loose Ball?

Irv

At least half a dozen times this season we would have a turn over or put the other team in really bad field position if one dude just fell on the ball.  Nothing fancy - just fall down.  I've never seen anything like it.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I'm just happy someone on the internet knows the difference between loose and lose.

I know the team is bad this year.  But we are so bad we can't fall down? 

Remember how last year it seemed like every turnover we got? Well the NFL has a thing called fumble luck, Bill Barnwell from ESPN highlights it big time. Buffalo won an insane amount of turnovers that happened to come in really key situations many times. There is a regression back to the mean when that happens which the Bills are seeing. Yesterday there was a batted pass that fluttered sky high which we just missed picking. Last year we got that pass. Hate to say it but it really is a luck this and as the first two games have shown we haven't been able to get the bounces at crucial occasions or any occasions.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Irv said:

At least half a dozen times this season we would have a turn over or put the other team in really bad field position if one dude just fell on the ball.  Nothing fancy - just fall down.  I've never seen anything like it.   

Damn...our defense is better than I expected.  Forcing at least 6 fumbles in 2 games is really, really good.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I'm just happy someone on the internet knows the difference between loose and lose.

I think people do.  It's the the way people voice the word in their head when typing.  I catch myself all the time.

I am just happy that some people on the internet attempt to proof read.  That's really the issue.  I think people simply don't give a crap and figure: "Ah!  They will get the point." 

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I think people do.  It's the the way people voice the word in their head when typing.  I catch myself all the time.

I am just happy that some people on the internet attempt to proof read.  That's really the issue.  I think people simply don't give a crap and figure: "Ah!  They will get the point." 

I think it has more to do with more people accessing the internet through phones and tablets that use digital keyboards and autocorrect today. Those devices will sometimes change the word and you didnt even realise it did it.

For others it is because it's only an internet message board post, not a dissertation or an English Essay in school. As long as people get what you are trying to say, it's good enough until the language police show up to complain cause the grammar or spelling  isn't correct.

• Like (+1) 1