I don't think the Pegulas signed off on this

zow2

1 minute ago, sleeby said:

Sammy got us JA.  You want your cake and eat it too here.  I much prefee JA!

Exactly. Bringing in Watkins to work with the likes of Manuel and Taylor was gross negligence on the part of Doug "Never seen a guy I wouldn't overpay" Whaley.

9 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Beane created this cap mess.

Taylor could have been kept,

Glenn could have been kept

Dareus could have been kept

Darby could have been kept

Watkins could have been kept

That is a lot of talent that the current GM chose not to keep and create this cap mess. Beane is doing something. Neithre you nor I know if it is the right thing to do or not. 

If IIRC, the Bills could have released Taylor before March 1 without a cap penalty -- or at least a much smaller cap hit.  In fact, I think most Bills fans expected him to be released.  Instead, the geniuses  McDermott/Beane kept a QB that they didn't want just so they could trade him for a third round pick before the draft and take a $7.6 million cap hit.  What kind of stupid **** is that????  Then they compound their stupidity by signing AJ McCarron for $5 million and trading him away a couple of months later and incurring $2.6 million in dead cap money.  That's $9.6 million in dead cap space for 2 QBs who aren't on the roster ... but at least they got a third rounder and a fifth rounder for all that money they don't have to pay to mediocre QBs.  Instead, they're paying about $600k for Nate Peterman to impersonate an NFL QB.  Too.Stupid.To.Be.True.

• Like (+1) 1

All the arguing about who they kept, should have kept, blah, blah, blah is just Monday morning QBing.  Some of the  same folks being critical today would have been critical if they had kept certain guys and would be complaining they aren't worth their salaries, etc.  Which is why fan is short for fanatic; some folks just get irrational and it's impossible to reason with an irrational individual.

Where I would be asking questions if I were Terry is with the two first halves of the first two games.  In both cases it seemed clear to me that the other team was both much more well prepared, and more eager to play.  Yesterday rivers had his way with the D, almost as if he was calling the D against his own offense.  That failure of preparation is clearly on the coaching staff, and that merits questions from the owner. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Exactly. Bringing in Watkins to work with the likes of Manuel and Taylor was gross negligence on the part of Doug "Never seen a guy I wouldn't overpay" Whaley.

Guys who quit on Whaley - 0

Guys who quit on Beane - 2

Just now, joesixpack said:

Disagree. I think they trade down.

If they do, they deserve to be fired. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Really?

:lol:

IIRC, you were a "fill the holes" guy pre draft were you not?

Just now, CountDorkula said:

HE was put on the non-football illness list and was out for the season. 

The dude quit. "Headaches" was an excuse.

8 minutes ago, sleeby said:

Sammy got us JA.  You want your cake and eat it too here.  I much prefee JA!

Well, the Bills could have had Mahomes AND Sammy if they'd had their crap together in 2017 ... and don't pretend that the trade down to take a DB, however good, over a QB was on Whaley.  He didn't run the 2017 draft because he was fired right after the draft.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Really?

:lol:

IIRC, you were a "fill the holes" guy pre draft were you not?

The dude quit. "Headaches" was an excuse.

No. I was a trade whatever it takes to get to #1 so you can take the best QB. 

When you have a season as bad as the bills are going to have, you draft the best person available like Oliver or Bosa. 

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

No. I was a trade whatever it takes to get to #1 so you can take the best QB. 

When you have a season as bad as the bills are going to have, you draft the best person available like Oliver or Bosa. 

Man you're all kinds of twisted up. :lol: You were for trading picks to get a QB, but against trading guys to get the picks to trade up for a QB?

1 hour ago, nucci said:

there are only a handful of teams that suck every year....why , excluding last year, are we always one of them?

We aren't. The bills have "sucked" in about 4 seasons or so in the last 35. The rest of the time they've been mediocre, which might suck compared to the pats, but going 6-10 through 9-7 isn't terrible. It's why we consistently draft 8-15.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Guys who quit on Whaley - 0

Guys who quit on Beane - 2

Trade down!  So many needs.  Also, rest shady and then trade him to a team with need of his skills.  If it's not to be a part of 2021 then it's clutter.