Taiwan Jones shot to the head

BrycePaup4ever

Taiwan Jones hit to the head. Clean or Dirty?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Was the hit clean or worthy of a fine/suspension?

• Clean... you compete until the whistle blows. The Charger player was doing his job.
    • Dirty! There is no need to hit helmet to head there. That was a thug move.
    • What was Murphy thinking there??

This thread title made me think Taiwan Jones actually got shot in the head today... and with how this season has gone I have to say I would not have been shocked! Anyway..

Murphy should have called for the fair catch. Kerley has been returning punts up until now, and Murphy is not polished at that. 

19 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I don't think the chargers guy had time to see that he didn't have a helmet on. That was on the refs. They needed to blow the play dead. Doesn't seem like they know how to do their jobs and continue to get worse by the week. 

There was potential for very serious injury and hopefully Jones is going to be okay.  Yes, the officials should have blown the play dead immediately after Jones lost his helmet, which was pulled off by one of the Chargers ST players.  The official was right there in the picture about 10 feet away and did nothing.  It was definitely a helmet to skull hit so three mistakes by the officials.  Didn't see his helmet ripped off, didn't stop the play, didn't call the hit to the head leading with the helmet. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

There was potential for very serious injury and hopefully Jones is going to be okay.  Yes, the officials should have blown the play dead immediately after Jones lost his helmet, which was pulled off by one of the Chargers ST players.  The official was right there in the picture about 10 feet away and did nothing.  It was definitely a helmet to skull hit so three mistakes by the officials.  Didn't see his helmet ripped off, didn't stop the play, didn't call the hit to the head leading with the helmet. 

They called something. Idr if it was a late hit or hit to the head but they did flag them for it. But yeah it shouldn't have got that far. The refs have become a joke. They're slowly eating away at my interest in the nfl

The Charger player dropped his head and used the crown of his helmet as a weapon. You can't get much dirtier than that. He intended to injure Jones - there's really no other explanation (regardless of whether or not Jones had lost his helmet a few seconds earlier.)

That player should have been ejected from the game.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I don't think the chargers guy had time to see that he didn't have a helmet on. That was on the refs. They needed to blow the play dead. Doesn't seem like they know how to do their jobs and continue to get worse by the week. 

So you are saying he led with the crown of his head... by definition illegal shouldve kicked the guy out.

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Exactly my point under the new rules you’re not suppose to be lowering your head and leading with the crown. If he is running upright he sees the play. 

the refs should be fined.  In fact, this crew was so bad yesterday it should be broken-up.  Everyone was timid and they made terrible calls in addition to this one.    Double incompetence on this play: (1) everyone knows that when a helmet comes off the play is blown dead.  Not hard to see that the guy with the ball does not have his helmet!; and (2) not ejecting the player for leading with his head into a helmet-less player--a point of emphasis this year.  If players are fined/ejected for "not getting the rules," refs also should be.