Top 5 Buffalo Bills Quitters

BringBackFergy

40 minutes ago, Dirtbag said:

as someone who once quit a restaurant job mid-shift because they wanted me to change my shirt, i'm fine with vontae's decision. we both saw the writing on the wall. better to go out on top than flame out.

There is a huuuuge difference between walking out on a food service job mid-shift and walking out on a pro football team at halftime. Yeah, maybe you left some of your fellow dishwashers and fry cooks in a bad position for a few hours. But this guy was being paid millions and left his teammates short on manpower. Davis tarnished any legacy he was hoping to have.

50 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

5. Mularky

4. Kelly (walked out of the room when about to sign contract)

3. Anquan Bolden

2. Doug Marrone

1. Vontae Davis

I personally wouldn't call what Kelly did as quitting, rather in my opinion he never wanted to come to Buffalo in the first place and was out of options until Wilson's admin assistant put the call through to Kelly's agent.   I look at it as more of a business decision.   But it all worked out, now he doesn't want to leave.  

• Like (+1) 1

For anyone who's ever had a job, you know that for even the worst job, if you have a good supervisor and decent co-workers, you're still going to give your two weeks notice simply because you respect and appreciate those you work with. 

Now, you can also have a good, or at least decent/tolerable job, but if the people suck, you may walk out at lunch time and not come back.

Or, maybe the job, culture, and people suck, and you need to run as far as you can, as fast as you can.

I don't know what is going on internally in that locker room, but back to my first point, if you have any respect at all for those you work for/with, even in a crappy job, you don't just abandon them without notice.

Edited by DisplacedBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Shotgunner said:

My reputation is more important to me that instant gratification of walking out.

Imo honorable people put in notice if they have spent any type of significant time with a company. It's professional courtesy.

Not really trying to call you out this is just my opinion, but "go out on top"? How so? Because you feel like you screwed someone over? I am really curious about this state of mind, I would feel embarassed.

Just curious I have had several folks walk out on me over my career and they all act like they were doing something righteous, but I believe it's actually just running away from an uncomfortable circumstances.

Well his username tells it all

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

5. Mularky

4. Kelly (walked out of the room when about to sign contract)

3. Anquan Bolden

2. Doug Marrone

1. Vontae Davis

Kelly hadn't signed yet. Can't quit what you never started.

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

You can take Doug Marron off that list because I can't think of one good coach that would work with Brandon and Whaley. 

And he got $4 million to leave. I would have left in a heartbeat. Now he's in Fl.(no snow or state tax) with what appears to be a damn good team.

1 hour ago, Shotgunner said:

My reputation is more important to me that instant gratification of walking out.

Imo honorable people put in notice if they have spent any type of significant time with a company. It's professional courtesy.

Not really trying to call you out this is just my opinion, but "go out on top"? How so? Because you feel like you screwed someone over? I am really curious about this state of mind, I would feel embarassed.

Just curious I have had several folks walk out on me over my career and they all act like they were doing something righteous, but I believe it's actually just running away from an uncomfortable circumstances.

I'm with you totally !! This way of quitting or just giving up & not manning up is a younger generation thing I have always aired on letting my reputation as a person stand up straight & doing what is in the interest of professional courtesy & not screwing some one .

Unless of course you are put in a absolute no win situation which Davis wasn't !! I get it that the other guys hands got cold for getting those carts but hey that should have been recognized as part of the job before agreeing to being hired so that's on him . 

Davis had $1.5 Million reasons in a signing bonus to at the very least go back out & stay on the side line until the end of the game to root on his team mates, if he thought he was hurting them by his play then pulling himself from the game could have been understood but to leave the way he did was a chicken S**t move !! 

1 hour ago, scribo said:

There is a huuuuge difference between walking out on a food service job mid-shift and walking out on a pro football team at halftime. Yeah, maybe you left some of your fellow dishwashers and fry cooks in a bad position for a few hours. But this guy was being paid millions and left his teammates short on manpower. Davis tarnished any legacy he was hoping to have.

There are ways we should conduct ourselves, whether we are being paid millions of dollars a year or minimum wage. There are always exceptions to every rule; however, in most instances, the honorable and/or decent thing to do should be obvious...and not that hard to do.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, row_33 said:

when did you leave the game?

The Allen pick in the 4th Q. 

I honestly usually ride out the opener no matter what, because it’s the opener, but it was too damn hot in there to be enjoyable at that point. Not to mention the game was taking foooorrreeeverrrrrrr in real time.