Top 5 Buffalo Bills Quitters

BringBackFergy

I was just about to put up a different thread, but glad to see this one up there.

How about a different question? Historically, has any regime ever had four former Pro Bowl players simply quit unexpectedly (and you could add Darius - who quit in a different way - to 2 offensive lineman, a WR and a CB that all left without notice) and survived?

That is a total of five Pro Bowl players. They also traded away a fifth Pro Bowl QB. 

Edited by Tyrod's friend
mis-labeled All Pro for Pro Bowl

We have had quite a few quitters, particularly recently.

I was real pissed about Marrone when it happens, but Vontae and Boldin are way worse because of circumstances. Boldin just outright lying and Vontae abandoning the team during a game.

Marrone probably had a much larger impact on the team, though.

2 minutes ago, Dirtbag said:

as someone who once quit a restaurant job mid-shift because they wanted me to change my shirt, i'm fine with vontae's decision. we both saw the writing on the wall. better to go out on top than flame out.

He went out on top?

8 minutes ago, Dirtbag said:

as someone who once quit a restaurant job mid-shift because they wanted me to change my shirt, i'm fine with vontae's decision. we both saw the writing on the wall. better to go out on top than flame out.

Well if a self-proclaimed dirtbag is fine with it, it must be ok!

• Like (+1) 1

When I was like 18 I had a DB manager at a local discount store, and I left forever one frigid January night, he sent me out for carts and I just kept going.

I forget what led up to it, but some say he’s still out there collecting his own damn carts to this day....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

When I was like 18 I had a DB manager at a local discount store, and I left forever one frigid January night, he sent me out for carts and I just kept going.

I forget what led up to it, but some say he’s still out there collecting his own damn carts to this day....

this guy gets it.

15 minutes ago, Dirtbag said:

My reputation is more important to me that instant gratification of walking out.

Imo honorable people put in notice if they have spent any type of significant time with a company. It's professional courtesy.

Not really trying to call you out this is just my opinion, but "go out on top"? How so? Because you feel like you screwed someone over? I am really curious about this state of mind, I would feel embarassed.

Just curious I have had several folks walk out on me over my career and they all act like they were doing something righteous, but I believe it's actually just running away from an uncomfortable circumstances.

• Like (+1) 3