Joe B.: Bills Sacrificing Miserable Season For Long-Term Growth

BuffaloRush

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Again just explain to me HOW Kerley and Holmes fit this expected growth pain year coming out of OBD. 

Explain to me how brining Kyle back does

how giving an Star big money does

Same with Murphy 

i mean if it is expected HOW do those offseason moves FIT the plan

Star and Murphy are the same age as Goodwin (28ish). There is your "youth core." Kyle gives leadership. Kerley did not so he wasn't chopped.

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Assuming we did keep them, how are we paying them all?

Darby on Rookie Contract 

Woods is KBs Contract 

Watkins would likely be gone with current cap issues. Though maybe not because wouldnt need Holmes, Coleman, Kerleys cap numbers 

goodwin would have likely been the odd man out. Unless kept him and moved on from watkins. 

See didnt need to GUT all that youth

26 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Seahawks? 

What about them? They were mediocre for a couple years before taking off. The complete opposite of what the Bills are doing at the moment. 

hawks plan was better. The went 7-9 the 2 years before they took off. They then in one off season signed Matt Flynn, kept incumbant Tarvaris , and drafted Russell.

build up your team so that when you get a good QB you plug him in and you're off to the races. Saints did a similar thing before getting Brees.

bills decided to gut the team of talent and then throw in a rookie project QB. Interesting. I hope it works.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Darby on Rookie Contract 

Woods is KBs Contract 

Watkins would likely be gone with current cap issues. Though maybe not because wouldnt need Holmes, Coleman, Kerleys cap numbers 

goodwin would have likely been the odd man out. Unless kept him and moved on from watkins. 

Woods is the only one I might want now, though I was not a big fan of his while he was still here. I don't think he would've stayed anyways though, USC guy going back to LA and far away from TT.

Just now, Rico said:

Woods is the only one I might want now, though I was not a big fan of his while he was still here. I don't think he would've stayed anyways though, USC guy going back to LA and far away from TT.

You wouldnt take Darby on his Rookie deal over well who is the CB now that Davis Quit? Pitts

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Darby on Rookie Contract 

Woods is KBs Contract 

I get it but it was reasonable to get rid of a couple of those guys if they had good replacements in mind. I’m far more concerned after the disastrous results of the first FA period of the McBeane era. Davis retiring and Star looking like the worst FA signing in Bills history scares me.

31 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Fine and dandy, but stop making mistakes like trading McCarron before you're convinced your designated starter has progressed from his disastrous rookie season, especially since his back-up is nothing more than a raw rookie you'd like to bring along slowly and not see debilitated since he has a very "offensive" line in front of him.

What if your basic assumption is wrong, and they had no intention of bringing Allen along slowly because after getting to know him they realized he could learn faster by playing, making mistakes, and correcting the mistakes?  

That's what I believe and if that's the case, there was no mistake trading McCarron.  Would they have liked to have sat Allen for the 1st 4 games, probably, but he was going to start by game 5 and beyond.  All Peterman's disaster did was move it up a little, definitely not a lot.  I thought their intentions were pretty obvious the day they put McCarron in for the final exhibition game with what was basically a For Sale sign on his back.  After a lackluster mini-camp & preseason, they didn't have a very high opinion of McCarron and didn't see any value in him playing ahead of Allen-ever. They also were never convinced in Peterman's progress nor did they ever consider Allen a "back-up". 

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

I get it but it was reasonable to get rid of a couple of those guys if they had good replacements in mind. I’m far more concerned after the disastrous results of the first FA period of the McBeane era. Davis retiring and Star looking like the worst FA signing in Bills history scares me.

I get it. I would not mid getting rid of Any of them if there was a replacement on the team. Point is there wasnt. And STILL year two isnt 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I get it. I would not mid getting rid of Any of them if there was a replacement on the team. Point is there wasnt. And STILL year two isnt 

I agree with whoever said above, they expected to be worse last year and they weren’t. Then they had to use more picks to get their guys.

imagine if we finished 3-13 last year? We’d have had like 7 picks in the first 3 rounds.

Edited by BringBackOrton

The Bills have, unfortunately, multiple lousy units.

Our WR’s suck.

Our TE aren’t very good.

The o-line is bottom of the barrel bad.

Our best player is a 30year old RB that will not be here for any “rebuild success”.

The QB position appears to have an up and comer but that remains to be seen.

The d-line, like the o-line, is absolute garbage.

Our LBers are young and suspect.

We have a great corner and two pretty good safety’s.

This team is so freaking far from being good. Let’s not kid ourselves.

I don't think the process included accidentally going to the playoffs last year and giving fans some false hope. The rebuild should've started last year. We kept some players that should've been released.  We signed 2-3 mediocre FA's. They probably have a franchise qb but they're a year behind in the rebuild.  This will require us all to have more patience for 2020.

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Again just explain to me HOW Kerley and Holmes fit this expected growth pain year coming out of OBD. 

Explain to me how brining Kyle back does

how giving an Star big money does

Same with Murphy 

i mean if it is expected HOW do those offseason moves FIT the plan

They teach. The mentor. They guide. Its a process.

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

But the youth movement is what was expected from the regime. So him playing goes directly against this latest propaganda 

The youngest roster is the cowboys they have 21 guys who are rookies or in their 2nd year, we have 20. That’s the “youth movement” that the average age alone doesn’t tell you about. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2