Joe B.: Bills Sacrificing Miserable Season For Long-Term Growth

BuffaloRush

Let's see if McD can keep a team under 20 in a first half.  Buffalo Wrs need to learn how to uncover when Allen breaks the pocket.  How and when to get behind a defense in those circumstances.  Do those 2 things and maybe they can win a game or 2.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

They gave you JUST AS much as Kerley (gone) Holmes (Cant Catch) 

Watkins, Goodwin, Hogan, Woods, Darby, Gilmore, Glenn

By all accounts, Coleman wasn't trying at all. 

Also come on, Goodwin was everyone's punching bag here, now we think he's some kind of god? Also Watkins and Glenn were hurt all the time and Gilmore still hates tackling.

28 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Then Why is Ducasse playing?

Why did Holmes and Kerley make the team NOT Coleman and Reiley?

Why is Mills and or Newhouse playing?

Why wasnt McCoy Dealt?

Why was cap space used on players that wont be here when rebuild over? 

This is the latest spin after they have been embarassed for two weeks. 

So what happened to win now win in the future did that go out the door with 47-3?

I realize you watch the ball every play like most of us but if you actually read the experts who break down every play, Ducasse is literally the least of our problems on the offensive line.  Why do people just randomly single out Ducasse?  It's actually kind of bizarre.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

They gave you JUST AS much as Kerley (gone) Holmes (Cant Catch) 

Watkins, Goodwin, Hogan, Woods, Darby 

Nope.  Hogan was not this admin, that was Doug Whaley in 2016.  Both Beans and McDermott were in Carolina.

The Bills 100% made the right move by trading Sammy.  They weren't going to pick up his option (in fact, I think it was Doug Whaley who declined his option), realizing how much money he would command when his deal was done.  The Rams decided to move on from him as well.  He just wasn't worth the $14 million a year he got from KC.  

I think the Bills would have liked to keep Woods, but again, not with the deal he got from the Rams.

Goodwin?  Give me a break.  Sal Carpaccio shut down a fan on WGR when he brought his name up.   All of the fans wanted to move on from Goodwin because they thought he was always injured and could never play a season.  If McDermott or Whaley or whoever else was in charge in 2017, resigns Goodwin, fans would be up in arms.

The story on Darby was that it was a scheme issue.  I think the value they got for him was decent.  He's a slightly above average for a starting on a very good defense and they got a 3rd round pick for him.    

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Darby is good and trading Dareus for a 5th was crime. They should have kept them and traded Tyrod and McCoy.

You are unfamiliar with the salary cap...

McBeane will need to show us that they know how to build a team, not just tear it down, which is the easy part.  Their free agent signings this offseason and some of their personnel moves have negatively impacted my confidence in their abilities to re-stock the talent on this team.  McBeane will have their opportunity, but the analogy to the Sabres rebuild led by Murray, and the possibility of a similar crummy outcome, does scare me.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Also come on, Goodwin was everyone's punching bag here, now we think he's some kind of god? Also Watkins and Glenn were hurt all the time and Gilmore still hates tackling.

All youth core. They this Coaching staff got rid off 

Just now, Idandria said:

Short term pain for long term gain. 

this needs to happen. When we are rebuild next year, it will be fun to watch.

trust the process my friends.

And p.s. we made the playoffs last year. McBean isn’t a total amateur. 

Right on my friend! ? 

Just now, jahnyc said:

McBeane will need to show us that they know how to build a team, not just tear it down, which is the easy part.  Their free agent signings this offseason and some of their personnel moves have negatively impacted my confidence in their abilities to re-stock the talent on this team.  McBeane will have their opportunity, but the analogy to the Sabres rebuild led by Murray, and the possibility of a similar crummy outcome, does scare me.

Fair enough - thanks for a balanced opinion

2 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

I realize you watch the ball every play like most of us but if you actually read the experts who break down every play, Ducasse is literally the least of our problems on the offensive line.  Why do people just randomly single out Ducasse?  It's actually kind of bizarre.

But the youth movement is what was expected from the regime. So him playing goes directly against this latest propaganda 

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

You are spot on here.  This what drives me crazy about the fan base.  You could take a poll and probably 85% of Bills fans would want to move on from Goodwin. 

Also fans did quite a bit of complaining about Sammy

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Nope.  Hogan was not this admin, that was Doug Whaley in 2016.  Both Beans and McDermott were in Carolina.

The Bills 100% made the right move by trading Sammy.  They weren't going to pick up his option (in fact, I think it was Doug Whaley who declined his option), realizing how much money he would command when his deal was done.  The Rams decided to move on from him as well.  He just wasn't worth the $14 million a year he got from KC.  

I think the Bills would have liked to keep Woods, but again, not with the deal he got from the Rams.

Goodwin?  Give me a break.  Sal Carpaccio shut down a fan on WGR when he brought his name up.   All of the fans wanted to move on from Goodwin because they thought he was always injured and could never play a season.  If McDermott or Whaley or whoever else was in charge in 2017, resigns Goodwin, fans would be up in arms.

The story on Darby was that it was a scheme issue.  I think the value they got for him was decent.  He's a slightly above average for a starting on a very good defense and they got a 3rd round pick for him.    

So alot of Youth tossed away that are performing all over the league. Put glad you like the latest damage control spin

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

We have 4 problems on the offensive line, being the least of our line problems is still 25% of our line problem.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Dareus deal could have been reworked, and how much is star costing us for his performance? You have to pay to have/keep good players.

40 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Great comments from Joe B.  He does a great job putting things into perspective and has been echoing what many of us have been saying for a while.  Read the comments in bold

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-buffalo-bills-los-angeles-chargers-9_16_18

My guess is the Pegulas are feeling pretty optimistic about the Sabres, and they bottomed out for a long time to get where they are.

Then Sean McD and Beane come along. They promise to do the same. Tear it down to the studs, and rebuild. And then McB does something nobody saw coming, and takes a ragtag group of guys to the playoffs, followed by drafting the best QB prospect we have had in a score of years. Next year we will have 10ish picks in the draft, 400 gillion dollars in cap space, and the future QB of the offense and defense (MLB) already on the roster.

I believe the Pegs are feeling pretty good about McBeane, will stand pat at HC/GM, and are fully prepared to ride out the storm this year (and maybe more).

• Like (+1) 1

I expected a down year. I expected something like this last year, in fact, I would have preferred it so we only had to give up draft capital to get Edmunds and they could have just had their choice of QB.

Instead, they middled it. I don't understand the Benjamin trade to this day at all. I don't get the Zay Jones pick. The timing of the Dareus trade didn't make much sense. The trading of Tyrod, bringing in McCarron then trading him, starting Peterman sequence did make much sense.

Ever since Sammy was traded everyone has wondered where the receivers were. Cordy is a proven talent in the league, and despite what everyone on here and the hosts at wgr will tell you "that you can't just trade for a starting o lineman, they're hard to find, they just don't give them away". We did just that.

They ate 15 mil in dead money just so they could spend another 10 on a dt who is worse. If anyone could come up with a better example of cutting off your nose to spite your face, please share, as it must be hysterical. 

The issue isn't the rebuild, or that they're bad. The issue is that they don't seem to have a plan in place other than cutting guys for not being "their guys" or blaming their predecessors.

I don't understand how this fanbase can be behind a guy who is so spineless. McDermott has never taken any responsibility for decisions he makes. He didn't own the Peterman experiment- twice, and he gave this awful comment about how they are a much better roster than what he inherited last week. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

You are spot on here.  This what drives me crazy about the fan base.  You could take a poll and probably 85% of Bills fans would want to move on from Goodwin. 

Again just explain to me HOW Kerley and Holmes fit this expected growth pain year coming out of OBD. 

Explain to me how brining Kyle back does

how giving an Star big money does

Same with Murphy 

i mean if it is expected HOW do those offseason moves FIT the plan

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

the fans aren't being paid to make personnel decisions, it shouldn't matter what the fans think.