Sully: On Second Thought, the Buffalo Bills Really ARE That Bad

Rico

I’m not as upset as I have been in the past about a loss. This is what I expected. Stay competitive, just don’t get blown out. We looked so much better in the 2nd half. We are bad but compete and that gives me hope for the future.

Edited by CDogg20
  • Like (+1) 6

It’s funny, so many Bills fans criticized Sully for being negative.  They should read TSW.  The amount of mis-informed, negative, and offensive takes is off the charts here.  Sully looks like John Murphy compared to some of you. 

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I can just imagine Sully's best man toast.  "I'll give it a week at best."

He’s less negative than many members here

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I can just imagine Sully's best man toast.  "I'll give it a week at best."

What are these guys supposed to write? 

The Bills & Sabres have given them practically nothing to work with over the past two decades. 

There are only so many ways to write the same article -- but it's not Sully & Bucky's fault that the Bills & Sabres have been stuck in a perpetual, never-ending miasma of failure. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I mean, is there anyone that thinks otherwise? I’ll be more worried if they are this bad next season. The dinosaurs need to go to bed. 

There is no reason for them to be this bad THIS season. If we were losing these games because our young inexperienced qb was making mistakes all over..fine. Instead we are being blown off the ball on both sides and looking like the worst team in the league. Nowhere does it say you need to be terrible to build the tean back up. We were in the playoffs last year and got rid of almost every guy that was an old regime guy last season. Most of the important players came back. This isn’t the plan. 

It seems like these guys would rather lose with their own guys, then win with someone else’s. There is no reason for this season to be this way. The defense is inexplicably terrible and the STs is a joke. The Oline doesn’t belong in the league and the WR group is beyond pathetic. None of these things are helpful or imperative in a rebuild. I have no interest in trying to be the worst team in the league. We just drafted a qb, we are not going to take another one and there is no non QB that I care enough about to be hoping to pick first. It’s week 3 and the season is over. This season is not helping any long term vision. Being out coached in every aspect of the game and alienating the locker room by being booed off the field helps nothing. Actually installing NFL level position groups and philosophy’s would have been helpful. Trying to evaluate a rookie QB while constantly playing from behind with no help does nothing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"

6 hrs-edited

Defense overrated, overmatched against Philip Rivers

Imagine that, me being too kind to the Bills. I felt they could win Sunday, despite their historically horrid performance a week earlier. Over the years, I’d seen countless examples of them being dismissed as sizable underdogs, only to rise up and stun the skeptics."

49 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

What are these guys supposed to write? 

The Bills & Sabres have given them practically nothing to work with over the past two decades. 

There are only so many ways to write the same article -- but it's not Sully & Bucky's fault that the Bills & Sabres have been stuck in a perpetual, never-ending miasma of failure. 

I only commented on Sullivan.  Here's how his curmudgeon demeanor sneaks into his writing even when he has every right to rip this team.

"Kyle Williams and Lorenzo Alexander look their age (35). You have to wonder if the Bills kept them around to give the appearance of competing, as the game begins to pass them by."

The first sentence is a fair assessment.  The second sentence is just some conspiracy theory he has. 

Edited by Doc Brown