If the Bills look for a veteran FA CB here are some names [edited title]

TigerJ

This is what's out there:

Delvin Breaux - great in 2015, but has struggled with injuries since then

Bashaud Breeland - his middle name is "inconsistency"

David Amerson - play went into the toilet after a big money deal

Jeremy Lane - promising career went south after injuries started

(gleaned from http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2018CB.php )

There are a few more, but this appears to be the cream of a well soured crop.  Do you have any preferences from among these, or another name you like?

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to If the Bills look for a veteran FA CB here are some names [edited title]
1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

Kick the tires on anything and everything at CB and G this week, WR too. Beaner needs to be on the phones. McD needs to call the D and sit Fraz down. Daboll needs to channel his inner Billycheat and conjure up some magic to keep Allen off his ass and zipping passes. It's time for accountability and focus.

Your still satisfied with our right tackle, who will some day catch a cold simply from the draft caused by opposition players racing by him to get to our quarterback?

Really, does losing Davis matter? The last time I saw him playing, someone from the Bengals was running by him for another touchdown. He didn't dress in week 1, and I honestly didn't even know he was playing in the first half yesterday.

Having said that, get the best young guys you can get--on our own Practice Squad or someone else's, and start developing them. Don't waste time on any unemployed veterans--there's a reason they're not playing now. We don't need to see the evidence up close and personal. Get a young guy or two with potential, and let them develop.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

We aren't going to be good this year, so it's time to give it a shot!

Let's scour practice squads for young guys who show promise, sign them, and play them. Good teams can't afford to pay and put these guys on their 53, so we can take advantage of our current ineptitude.

We do that, and maybe we even find a real player or two that will actually contribute positively in the future, and can spend this year in trial by fire. Plus those young guys are hungry.... And won't retire, quit, or otherwise desert the team.

Imo this represents our only real shot at legitimate players, short of a trade. Obviously it's still long odds, but since we have no cap space it seems like the right approach this year to me.

Edited by Shotgunner
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

We aren't going to be good this year, so it's time to give it a shot!

Let's scour practice squads for young guys who show promise, sign them, and play them. Good teams can't afford to pay and put these guys on their 53, so we can take advantage of our current ineptitude.

We do that, and maybe we even find a real player or two that will actually contribute positively in the future, and can spend this year in trial by fire. Plus those young guys are hungry.... And won't retire, quit, or otherwise desert the team.

Imo this represents our only real shot at legitimate players, short of a trade. Obviously it's still long odds, but since we have no cap space it seems like the right approach this year to me.

If their teams cant afford to keep them, how are the Bill's and their limited cap space because of their dead cap going to do it?

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

If their teams cant afford to keep them, how are the Bill's and their limited cap space because of their dead cap going to do it?

Because the currently don’t have a contract and and minimal contract >>>> out of the league

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

May I please state for the umpteenth time that even though we had Davis I wanted to sign EJ Gaines when his price started to get under 5-6 million?

That pissed me off ?. Give up a young injury prone guy that has proven to be great in our system for an old injury prone guy that hasn’t played zone in his 10 year career and hasn’t been good in 3 years.  Truly baffling move

So now our CBs are white, Pitts, a safety and a PS player.  Woooo

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Not afford with money, afford with the roster space. To keep the player, they would have to drop someone from their 53 and elevate whomever they were trying to block us from.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Because the currently don’t have a contract and and minimal contract >>>> out of the league

That pissed me off ?. Give up a young injury prone guy that has proven to be great in our system for an old injury prone guy that hasn’t played zone in his 10 year career and hasn’t been good in 3 years.  Truly baffling move

So now our CBs are white, Pitts, a safety and a PS player.  Woooo

No, no, no, NewERa, Don't worry.

We'll get a random DB off the street.

Now who had an amazing catch in the game yesterday?  Dimarco?  OK, let's cut him.

*But we don't need to because we already have a spot available due to Davis*

Cut him anyways.  For a moment there he made it look like we had a vertical passing game out of the back field...we can't have that...passing is hard.

1 hour ago, Shotgunner said:

Not afford with money, afford with the roster space. To keep the player, they would have to drop someone from their 53 and elevate whomever they were trying to block us from.

Speaking PS, Gentry should be here IMMEDIATELY, get Allen his Friend and someone he knows and trusts If it is all about development

Edited by MAJBobby