Brady vs. Allen today.....

The Process

1 hour ago, The Process said:

Take away a few rookie mistakes....(interceptions)......and Allen compares favorably. Patriots loss in a weird way makes me better about our loss today....

Take away the Super Bowls, the MVPs, the all pros, the pro bowl selections, the status of being a sure fire first team Hall of Famer, the many years of winning the division . . . and they are basically the same player.

I am just joking.

I think that the kid has potential.  We shall see what that is.  I just wish McBeane put Josh in a better position to succeed this year.  

49 minutes ago, Success said:

I know we say this every year, but time it’s for realz:  Brady is done.

I would never defend Brady. But today the jagwires D was very good. Brady*** had no one but Hogan

to throw too. If not for Hogans two YD's it would have been worse.

That said who doesn't love it when the pats*** lose? 

• Like (+1) 1

Allen  showed guts out there and can move the ball. What sucks is his comatose state when he is looking downfield--creating pressure when it shouldn't be there. And he has no sense of where the DBs are-He is gonna get receivers killed.OH...and he is not accurate. You can't teach that.

He will be a slightly above avg QB in this league.And he can't even throw a screen pass properly. Don't they teach that in 6th grade?

At least the D woke up out of its stupor and played some manly ball.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

Playing AT JACKSONVILLE in September and them losing means he's done? The Patriots almost ALWAYS have a bad game in September. 

VERY doubtful. We'll know he is done when they fail to make the playoffs.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Not a good day for Brady when his stats can be compared to a rookie's first start though it is a stretch.

Sir Tom could be josh's daddy....and stats are overrated. 

1 hour ago, Success said:

You know who's really done...Gronkowski.

1 hour ago, The Process said:

Take away a few rookie mistakes....(interceptions)......and Allen compares favorably. Patriots loss in a weird way makes me better about our loss today....

I really don't see why everybody is so chuffed about Allen's performance today. He threw A LOT of bad passes, and missed a lot of open receivers. Even on completions, many of his passes were off the mark. He's got a long way to go, in my opinion. I hope he improves. 

2 hours ago, The Process said:

I hope Allen will become a good QB.  I thought he did some good stuff.

But to compare him to Tom Brady is ridiculous.  He's not even within sniffing distance, with or without the interceptions.

7 hours ago, Beach said:

i shouldnt come to this board after a loss

Yes........you should...everyone needs a good dose of optimism and hope...even if it is a reach! 

7 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

I know but cmon dude...you know how people are going to react when you compare Allen and Brady

I don't care how people react. Some posts here are very realistic and analytical and read like war and peace. Some other posts (like mine) are only worthy of drinking around the burn barrel talk. If my comment was thrown out around the burn barrel, I'd totally expect a rousing retort of ....." You're full of sh*t". Then the conversation begins ?

On 9/16/2018 at 8:15 PM, Warcodered said:

Not a good day for Brady when his stats can be compared to a rookie's first start though it is a stretch.

Lol Brady was facing one of the top 3 D in the NFL. A D with a chip on its shoulder, and a Jags team playing like it was a playoff game.  

I like Allen but that Charger D is nowhere close to the Jags D especially without Bosa.  I do believe Allen will be at worse a top 15 QB. (Aka average..)