[Vague Title] The future is ok

Kirby Jackson

I know that I haven’t been a “process” guy from day 1. I wanted to see what these guys did first. I think there has been good and bad.  

With that being said, Allen looks like a player. He was one of the best players on the field today for the Bills. He wasn’t perfect but there was a lot to like.

Secondly, Vontae Davis retiring at halftime is the most overblown story of the year. He was a CB that was done, making $5M a year. He makes no difference on the field. IMO, that’s a total non-story that has gotten WAY too much attention. If Ramon Humber decided tomorrow that he was never playing again it would be more impactful IMO. 

The Bills aren’t going to be good. Those people that thought .500 was in the cards need to get realistic. At the same time, they showed some progress today and may have found the most important position in sports. If they give him some players we can be good again by as soon as next year. I walked out of today with an optimism that I haven’t had in a long time. 

Trust the Progress

• Like (+1) 19
  • Thank you (+1) 3

You might say that Davis 'retiring' is a non-story, but I think there is an underlying problem here.  It appears that veterans are quitting on, or being released from, this team after only two weeks. It'll be interesting to see if this continues.  I'm not sure exactly what to make of it.  On the one hand, it could be selfish on the part of the players, and on the other hand it might be that they see no future with the present leadership of the Bills organization.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I know that I haven’t been a “process” guy from day 1. I wanted to see what these guys did first. I think there has been good and bad.  

With that being said, Allen looks like a player. He was one of the best players on the field today for the Bills. He wasn’t perfect but there was a lot to like.

Secondly, Vontae Davis retiring at halftime is the most overblown story of the year. He was a CB that was done, making $5M a year. He makes no difference on the field. IMO, that’s a total non-story that has gotten WAY too much attention. If Ramon Humber decided tomorrow that he was never playing again it would be more impactful IMO. 

The Bills aren’t going to be good. Those people that thought .500 was in the cards need to get realistic. At the same time, they showed some progress today and may have found the most important position in sports. If they give him some players we can be good again by as soon as next year. I walked out of today with an optimism that I haven’t had in a long time. 

Trust the Progress

I have one question for you .... How do you actually watch the games? My guess is you listen to them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Not sure how you walk out with optimism you havent had in a long time.  I just dont get saying you havent been a process guy but you are now?? What have you seen this year to become a process guy?  Nothing wrong with it..im just surprised anything this season would make anyone turn into a process guy.

The Vontage Davis thing maybe overblown but it just looks bad.  Is he any great lose no he was terrible here.

Edited by Skins Malone

some good and some bad today. Allen sure did display some of the traits to say that he could potentially be a franchise qb. he also displayed some traits that leave one scratching their head. he is a rook so it is to be expected. if we didn't see the upside then it would be problematic.

too early to tell in my estimation. looking forward to the season playing out for a better context to develop.

Edited by Foxx

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

You might say that Davis 'retiring' is a non-story, but I think there is an underlying problem here.  It appears that veterans are quitting on, or being released from, this team after only two weeks. It'll be interesting to see if this continues.  I'm not sure exactly what to make of it.  On the one hand, it could be selfish on the part of the players, and on the other hand it might be that they see no future with the present leadership of the Bills organization.

McD has lost the locker room. Once that respect is gone, he’s nothing more than a lame duck. 

Its time to fire The McBeane. 

• Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Trust the Progress

Good Post - the Vontae thing is bad optics, but it does not reflect on the coach or the GM in my eyes.

They brought Vontae in hoping for a one year wonder, but it became obvious that he was not going to be the number 2 after week 1.  He realized he was just not up to speed - wish he had just waited until after the game.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Good point. This team is becoming the retirement home where washed up vets go to collect one last NFL salary. It’s become embarrassing now...

Agree. This is not a good team and they will be fortunate to win more than 4-5 games at best. However, I liked what I saw of Allen today.  I am looking forward to his continued development this year and seeing what they can do next year in regard to bringing in some talent around him.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, jtothebrown said:

I have one question for you .... How do you actually watch the games? My guess is you listen to them. 

You can watch with me anytime. I’ve been called a lot of things on this board but rarely am I called delusional. I’ve always been pretty fair when it comes to the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, COTC said:

McD has lost the locker room. Once that respect is gone, he’s nothing more than a lame duck. 

No it is not and I am going to crusade against anyone who says so for the foreseeable future

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, COTC said:

As bad as the 2018 Bills were coming out of preseason, I'm worried that this might get dangerously bad if this 'trend' continues.  Where are they going to find players now!  Everyone already has a date to the Prom!

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

FWIW, I got a text from a poster here on September 9th that said Davis was about to retire. This wasn’t a shock in the room. Maybe they didn’t expect it at halftime but Davis wasn’t going to be be here for long.

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

No it is not and I am going to crusade against anyone who says so for the foreseeable future

No more BS. McDermotts priorities are backwards.  He needs to be fired. No question about it.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Trust the Progress

Dude, nice. Seriously!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, COTC said:

Horrible post. Ridiculous. McD took over the defense in the second half and they only gave up a FG.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Not sure how you walk out with optimism you havent had in a long time.  I just dont get saying you havent been a process guy but you are now?? What have you seen this year to become a process guy?  Nothing wrong with it..im just surprised anything this season would make anyone turn into a process guy.

The Vontage Davis thing maybe overblown but it just looks bad.  Is he any great lose no he was terrible here.

I never said that I was a process guy. If you’ve been paying attention I have been one of the last adopters. I think that Allen can play. That will cover a lot of the other flaws.