[Vague Title] The future is ok

Kirby Jackson

31 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Secondly, Vontae Davis retiring at halftime is the most overblown story of the year. ...

Bolden, overblown?
Hearing that the GM said he was completely wrong on AJ McCarron?
Marcel Darius failing to be motivated?

I don't think Davis, himself, was going to change the arc of our team. I agree with you there.
and I believe in a process, and you don't change that willy-nilly. There are a couple of veterans that are here very much because they believe in the process.

But Vontae Davis signals to me that the DB believes there would be some undercurrent among veterans where it would resonate. No member of the team today would even for a second admit to that, but I think that is a truth.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Oh, that offense is awful. There are holes everywhere. That was part of what encouraged me. He is playing with trash. The fact that he could make them function was a positive sign.

He was our best player on offense and that includes Shady. That is something to be optimistic about. I still see area code accuracy. I'm not sure that will ever be fixed. But he can collect yards in chunks and that might make up for it. We need strong receivers with sure hands. Benjamin could be that if he cared but he's too slow to make a difference either way.

Edited by HappyDays

Just now, John from Riverside said:

No seriously you have these great ideas.....they def should be made aware

You asking me about a mouse in someone’s pocket is very strange man. Let’s not deflect the topic here. Lol. 

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

well.....because the "we" definately does NOT include you

And “we” circle back around...all those bizarre questions to get back here?

Edited by COTC

45 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Not sure how you walk out with optimism you havent had in a long time.  I just dont get saying you havent been a process guy but you are now?? What have you seen this year to become a process guy?  Nothing wrong with it..im just surprised anything this season would make anyone turn into a process guy.

The Vontage Davis thing maybe overblown but it just looks bad.  Is he any great lose no he was terrible here.

Optimism?

You don't think Allen has the goods? I think clearly he does. They will fill holes next offseason and we'll compete. I'm very optimistic.

55 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I know that I haven’t been a “process” guy from day 1. I wanted to see what these guys did first. I think there has been good and bad.  

With that being said, Allen looks like a player. He was one of the best players on the field today for the Bills. He wasn’t perfect but there was a lot to like.

Secondly, Vontae Davis retiring at halftime is the most overblown story of the year. He was a CB that was done, making $5M a year. He makes no difference on the field. IMO, that’s a total non-story that has gotten WAY too much attention. If Ramon Humber decided tomorrow that he was never playing again it would be more impactful IMO. 

The Bills aren’t going to be good. Those people that thought .500 was in the cards need to get realistic. At the same time, they showed some progress today and may have found the most important position in sports. If they give him some players we can be good again by as soon as next year. I walked out of today with an optimism that I haven’t had in a long time. 

Trust the Progress

Thanks for posting, Kirby.  I always enjoy your insights and your posts are one of the reasons I keep coming back here.  It's weird how just because you can see something positive...some potential...some people have to go into attack mode.  And for those who would suggest you are a kool-aid drinker, I would say that I have a distinct memory of you visiting training camp....sometime over the last few years....and watching the quarterbacks and reporting: none of these guys can play.  Maybe it was last year?  not sure....but I'm pretty sure that was you.

Love your insights and sources....so please keep it up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I know that I haven’t been a “process” guy from day 1. I wanted to see what these guys did first. I think there has been good and bad.  

With that being said, Allen looks like a player. He was one of the best players on the field today for the Bills. He wasn’t perfect but there was a lot to like.

Secondly, Vontae Davis retiring at halftime is the most overblown story of the year. He was a CB that was done, making $5M a year. He makes no difference on the field. IMO, that’s a total non-story that has gotten WAY too much attention. If Ramon Humber decided tomorrow that he was never playing again it would be more impactful IMO. 

The Bills aren’t going to be good. Those people that thought .500 was in the cards need to get realistic. At the same time, they showed some progress today and may have found the most important position in sports. If they give him some players we can be good again by as soon as next year. I walked out of today with an optimism that I haven’t had in a long time. 

Trust the Progress

100% believe this.  It's a marathon not a sprint.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Bosa didn't play today. That said what happens to the process if the rookie QB doesn't survive the season because of the ineptitude of this GM/HC to build a decent O line to protect him?

How do you start a rookie QB behind a line so bad that they don't even understand their blocking responsibilities. A few times today I watched the O linemen and TE, RB completely whiff on blocks. In one case the supposedly good LT chose to block the DT which left the edge rushing in Ingram come completely free, untouched. Meanwhile Ducasse was blocking air because his man was taken.

The O line stinks, the O line coach stinks and oddly enough he is also the run game coordinator which also stinks.

Yes, Allen showed flashes of being really good. Now Imagine him being able to sit and learn like he was supposed to do. BTW, where is the veteran QB on the roster to help these young QBs. Speaking of the roster why is Peterman still on it? Shades of Jeff Tuel.  

17 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Since being here, 3 vets have decided they just didn’t want to play anymore. Davis, Incognito and Boldin. Not to mention the Eric Wood disaster. This Defense has been blown off the ball and the field repeatedly. Our oline is the worst in football. Not 1 WR on our team would even start for a good offense. We have started a QB more then once that is responsible for the worst performances in NFL history. We have let Watkins, Gilmore, Glenn, Tyrod, Darby, Woods, Dareus and Goodwin get away and replaced them with garbage. We passed on Watson and Mahomes and then traded up for the most ridiculed prospect in the draft. Our QB group has a combined 1 complete game played and it was today. We are now the worst team in the league....

I am very worried

Coleman didn't want to be here either. For whatever reason stupid trade from the get go. 

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Way to early to suggest this. As it was last year after they snapped the drought.

So far they've gotten rid of good young players from the previous regime and replaced them with worse football players. Some of which have no business starting in the league. Their FA signings look to be awful.

I liked a lot of what I saw from Allen too. He seems like a big competitor, but some things bothered me too. I agree if he becomes a good one it will hide the other mistakes the front office and coaching staff make/have made.

The jury is way out on all of them though. As of right now this roster is pretty damn bad.... and old. Both of which are self inflicted. How can you be happy with that?

To be clear, I’m not happy with the process. I liked what I saw of Allen. This team is not good but if they found their QB they can succeed. Today was a step forward IMO. I expected this team to be really bad and this year was about Allen. I have hope that we are heading in the right direction.