[Vague Title] The future is ok

Kirby Jackson

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

This is an issue because for what he will make, Kerley will make, Coleman will make for not being on the team they could have kept Gaines.

This!  It certainly looks like a bunch of veterans are stopping by OBD to collect some easy money on their way to their next gig. (Even if that gig is retirement.)

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Kirby....once again, you could be right or wrong.  I honestly don't care!  The real question here is why didn't the Bills organization know this?

You called me out for my “deep throat source.” I sent you a PM as proof. I don’t like my credibility and honesty being brought into question. Whether you like what I have to say or not, I don’t care. Just don’t pretend that I am lying.

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I know that I haven’t been a “process” guy from day 1. I wanted to see what these guys did first. I think there has been good and bad.  

With that being said, Allen looks like a player. He was one of the best players on the field today for the Bills. He wasn’t perfect but there was a lot to like.

Secondly, Vontae Davis retiring at halftime is the most overblown story of the year. He was a CB that was done, making $5M a year. He makes no difference on the field. IMO, that’s a total non-story that has gotten WAY too much attention. If Ramon Humber decided tomorrow that he was never playing again it would be more impactful IMO. 

The Bills aren’t going to be good. Those people that thought .500 was in the cards need to get realistic. At the same time, they showed some progress today and may have found the most important position in sports. If they give him some players we can be good again by as soon as next year. I walked out of today with an optimism that I haven’t had in a long time. 

Trust the Progress

The future is not good and McDermott is not respected by his players.You don't keep making roster changes the way McBeanerville has been doing if that wasn't the case. They kicked Washington and Kerley to the curb in the same week...and replaced the roster with what solid talent? Star,T.Murphy,Davis,Coleman,Bodine etc.......they suck and they are their hires.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

You mean the HC and GM that in one year has had more success than any combo in the last 17 years? 

You mean the HC and GM that that did their best to rid the team of any and all the talent that we had, and replaced them with fat, slow, often injured castoffs from their former team.

Not to mention having the most miraculous td in the history of NFL playoff history, help them squeek in and only score 3 points. 

Are you speaking of that GM or that one that pretty much built the roster that they went to th playoffs with?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

You called me out for my “deep throat source.” I sent you a PM as proof. I don’t like my credibility and honesty being brought into question. Whether you like what I have to say or not, I don’t care. Just don’t pretend that I am lying.

Dude...you have to bring it down a notch.  "Deep Throat" is a solid reference to an infamous inside source.  Step off!

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I didn’t end with trust the process. I said “trust the progress.” That’s the young guys. There are many, many posts where I’ve questioned this regime. I just think that they might have hotbed on the QB. That’s what this entire year is about.

Yes you did i read that wrong.  Now im not so confused.  It would be nice if our QB had a little more help.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Agree. This is not a good team and they will be fortunate to win more than 4-5 games at best. However, I liked what I saw of Allen today.  I am looking forward to his continued development this year and seeing what they can do next year in regard to bringing in some talent around him.

Hey 59,  I'll do you one better.  They'll be 0-4 going into October.   Hopefully, they can split the rest, but I'm not sure that they're better than Fish or Jets.  If Josh is the real deal, they should win 5 or 6, but he'll have to win a couple on his own with 300 yards plus.  They may get to 7 if they can get Shady going.  Both of these are very questionable at this point.  

I tried to articulate this in other threads but I don't get tearing it down in year two. We didn't go into last year saying we have the worst QB group, the worst OL group, the worst WR group, no proven LB, in the whole league. We are behind where we were last year. Sure, tear it down and start over, but do it year one not year two. Next year will be the second year of our total rebuild when it should be the third. 

I agree about Allen though and he is the biggest element. If he is good we will likely be good soon. If he is not we will not. I just think we wasted a year. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, COTC said:

Come on skins. Are you really going to play this role?  Pff

So your saying the coaches knew ahead of time he was walking out at halftime.  Yeah that makes sense.  And there is no role to play.  You werent there and neither was anyone else on this board...therefore no one knows exactly what happened.  Thats just a fact.

Edited by Skins Malone

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I tried to articulate this in other threads but I don't get tearing it down in year two. We didn't go into last year saying we have the worst QB group, the worst OL group, the worst WR group, no proven LB, in the whole league. We are behind where we were last year. Sure, tear it down and start over, but do it year one not year two. Next year will be the second year of our total rebuild when it should be the third. 

I agree about Allen though and he is the biggest element. If he is good we will likely be good soon. If he is not we will not. I just think we wasted a year. 

Kelly, I loved last year!  They finally got to the playoffs.  That New Years Eve is one that I will always remember.  Don't take it away from me.  Good times!

Excellent thread opening post, Kirby.  QB's are made by playing.  Josh regressed to some bad footwork at times today-- but this was his first time against a pretty damn good NFL Defense (even without Bosa) and a smart coordinator.  Remember at the beginning of mini-camp when he couldn't throw a screen pass--he has improved with both touch and timing.  The deep ball already loosened up the running game.  This season is 3-13 Peyton and 1-15 Troy..nothing more...its a year to see what we have.  I don't buy everything, but I buy that we have a young QB who has some skills that cannot be taught and is improving on the skills that can be taught.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Dude...you have to bring it down a notch.  "Deep Throat" is a solid reference to an infamous inside source.  Step off!

As always, what I relay here is based in fact. Again, I have no issue if people disagree with my opinions. They do all of the time. When I provide information though, it is fact. I wouldn’t bring it otherwise. 

Just now, Skins Malone said:

So your saying the coaches knew ahead of time he was walking out ar halftime.  Yeah that makes sense

No I’m not saying that. What makes you think that?

i am on the opinion that this is clear evidence that McD has lost the locker room...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, I got a text from a poster here on September 9th that said Davis was about to retire. This wasn’t a shock in the room. Maybe they didn’t expect it at halftime but Davis wasn’t going to be be here for long.

I think the issue was doing it in the middle of a game.  Don't put your coaches and teammates in a position where they have to answer for it after the game.  If he was done,  that's fine. Gut out the rest of the game, at the very least on the sidelines with your team.  Shouldn't have been too much to ask.

Edited by Sig1Hunter
  • Like (+1) 1