[Vague Title] The future is ok

Kirby Jackson

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, I got a text from a poster here on September 9th that said Davis was about to retire. This wasn’t a shock in the room. Maybe they didn’t expect it at halftime but Davis wasn’t going to be be here for long.

There ya go Kirby...keep making lemonade out of those lemons!  So your 'deep throat' source somehow knew BEFORE the final cuts, that one of their starting CBs was going to quit?  Yeah right?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Exactly right. Allen is the truth and that’s all that currently matters. The one “mistake” I would put on them is the Star signing. It does make me worry about their evaluations. All of the other guys are on short term disposable contracts. Edmunds tackled better after getting torched by Gordon in the 1st half. 

Davis was toast long before he toasted himself. No loss there. Allen’s fire and McD calling the D has me excited going forward. It was never going to be a super bowl winning season. It does have a chance to be the franchise altering draft that has been long overdue.

People harping on Kelvin Benjamin are missing the obvious favor he did the Bills. We should all be thankful he didn’t play hard for a contract and then coast. He showed his hand and now he is also toast. I’m still onboard with the new guys, drafting Allen will go far. Fans just need a little patience, I will go as far to say that things will look much better by the midway point of the season. 

Edited by Commonsense
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, MichFan said:

Horrible post. Ridiculous. McD took over the defense in the second half and they only gave up a FG.

The time has come to cut our loses. 

Im calling for a billboard and pitchforks. 

Lets drive these frauds out of town!!

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I know that I haven’t been a “process” guy from day 1. I wanted to see what these guys did first. I think there has been good and bad.  

With that being said, Allen looks like a player. He was one of the best players on the field today for the Bills. He wasn’t perfect but there was a lot to like.

Secondly, Vontae Davis retiring at halftime is the most overblown story of the year. He was a CB that was done, making $5M a year. He makes no difference on the field. IMO, that’s a total non-story that has gotten WAY too much attention. If Ramon Humber decided tomorrow that he was never playing again it would be more impactful IMO. 

The Bills aren’t going to be good. Those people that thought .500 was in the cards need to get realistic. At the same time, they showed some progress today and may have found the most important position in sports. If they give him some players we can be good again by as soon as next year. I walked out of today with an optimism that I haven’t had in a long time. 

Trust the Progress

agreed but "retiring" mid game is exceedingly rare and a a gutless coward move.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

There ya go Kirby...keep making lemonade out of those lemons!  So your 'deep throat' source somehow knew BEFORE the final cuts, that one of their starting CBs was going to quit?  Yeah right?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I’ll PM you the text. Check your PM and the dates. I’ve ALWAYS told the truth here.

The folks crowing about them getting fired are like the annoying little gnats that fly around you outside.  Annoying but ultimately of little consequence.

McD has a tough road ahead, has some big decisions to make.  If he feels he has to call the D why have Frazier?  Does he need to change his O line coach?  But losingvthe locker room?  No way.  Not the way they played in the decongestants half after they found out about Davis.  

The Davis thing reinforces McDs belief you need guys that have football as a priority.  It's why you don't waste time with Gordon.  And why I'd be looking really close at Benjamin right now.

• Like (+1) 1