Is Doug Marrone a better coach than Sean McDermott?

BringBackOrton

Who is the better coach in the NFL?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better coach in the NFL?

Ask me in 3-4 years

Marrone is coaching a team on the upswing.  If he maxs out at losing the AFCC than he's as accomplished as Rex Ryan.

McD is coaching a team in the middle of a full-blown rebuild.   And yes, they needed a full-blown rebuild.   They were not going any higher than 9-8 with the team they had.

• Like (+1) 1

Marrone is a good coach and I hated how he left.

I'm surprised that Hackett has turned Bortles career around.  So there is something to these guys.  

That being said, we were a QB away from beating them in the playoffs last year.  With their vastly superior roster and home field.  We were in position to win.  But.....Tuhrod.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Peter said:

As I have said before, McBeane and others complaining about the roster is like the kid who killed his parents throwing himself at the mercy of the court because he is an orphan.

LOL.  There's so many other analogies you could've made, but I'm a fan of that one.  

3 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Yeah Doug Marrone can get production out of Dareus. I don't care if somebody is a lazy good for nothing squander of immense talent, that probably smokes weed too much and talks back to his coach.. if he's talented.

LAWRENCE TAYLOR WOULDN'T BE A PROCESS PLAYER. You know what that tells me, McD is too chicken**** to do a large portion of his job description (motivating spoiled brats with money to play football) that he gives up and gives the character excuse. 

I:d take a coach that can get a cracked out 3 nights sleepless LT to be a monster and get 7 sacks over a coach that's too scared of one of the best players ever.

Beane takes the easy way out by claiming he has a process 5-6 years so he has a rats *** of retaining his job. McD takes the easy way out refusing to work with difficult talent. Andre Holmes must spend his free time saving puppies to justify his spot. I'm sure he's really "coachable" but he's a crap receiver. McD would be terrified of Randy Moss. Rebuilding a team on character isn't what a good team does. They rebuild on players that regardless of what they do in their free time; they can be motivated by a good coach to beat ass on Sunday and cocaine binge to celebrate.

I feel bad saying it, but damn, I love this post. 

But we'd rather go on about some tired cliche of lunch pals... lunch pals? These mother!@#$ers make millions and work for a billion dollar business, you think they're putting their hard hats on and bringing lunch pals to !@#$ing work? Because that's Buffalo! That **** makes me nauseous 

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Yeah Doug Marrone can get production out of Dareus. I don't care if somebody is a lazy good for nothing squander of immense talent, that probably smokes weed too much and talks back to his coach.. if he's talented.

LAWRENCE TAYLOR WOULDN'T BE A PROCESS PLAYER. You know what that tells me, McD is too chicken**** to do a large portion of his job description (motivating spoiled brats with money to play football) that he gives up and gives the character excuse. 

I:d take a coach that can get a cracked out 3 nights sleepless LT to be a monster and get 7 sacks over a coach that's too scared of one of the best players ever.

Beane takes the easy way out by claiming he has a process 5-6 years so he has a rats *** of retaining his job. McD takes the easy way out refusing to work with difficult talent. Andre Holmes must spend his free time saving puppies to justify his spot. I'm sure he's really "coachable" but he's a crap receiver. McD would be terrified of Randy Moss. Rebuilding a team on character isn't what a good team does. They rebuild on players that regardless of what they do in their free time; they can be motivated by a good coach to beat ass on Sunday and cocaine binge to celebrate.

Wtf

11 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Why do people keep saying this as if McD and B.B. inherited this mess of a team? They are the ones who created this roster.

Absolutely, I don't feel sorry for these two clowns, they get what they deserve.  They are the ones that ran all the talent off this roster.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

To me, the answer is Doug.  Great preparedness, teams rarely got blown out.

What say you?

Marrone went to a situation where the Jags have 6 1st rounders on defense. And a bunch of cap money.  Mc Dermott is rebuilding. There were times when Marrone teams in Buffalo we out matched. There should be no comparisons.

5 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

Marrone went to a situation where the Jags have 6 1st rounders on defense. And a bunch of cap money.  Mc Dermott is rebuilding. There were times when Marrone teams in Buffalo we out matched. There should be no comparisons.

Exactly. Jacksonville sucked for a LONG time. They built this team during an era of absolute suckitude.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

It's Humor Joe.

Where's the punchline?

Just now, joesixpack said:

Where's the punchline?

They're motivated by a team sponsored cocaine binge after a win. See it's funny because.. ah forget it.

Let's just keep grabbing choir boys to play football.

This board's gone to hell Joe you're right. I wonder why.. could be because we look hopeless every game we play.

• Like (+1) 1