Is Doug Marrone a better coach than Sean McDermott?

BringBackOrton

Who is the better coach in the NFL?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better coach in the NFL?

21 minutes ago, CoachT said:

I remember saying Marrone Is a good coach when he quit and so many bills fans thought I was dumb. Hackett is good too. I still wonder what actually happened behind the scenes.

They kept Whaley (lol) is what happened.

2 minutes ago, baskin said:

Not only that...Mahomes, Tyrod and Fitz are better, could be throwing to Watkins, Schwartz probably better, other owners are better, my neighbors house is better, my buddies wife is better...

Good Effing Grief....this board is becoming as unreadable as PPP

PPP at least has a logic to it.

17 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Maybe the fanbase that ran Doug Marrone out of town, the guy who is now the head of what appears to be the AFC's next perennial playoff team, shouldn't be the ones to judge McDermott, the guy who ended a 17 year old playoff drought.  

Doug Marrone took advantage of an opt out clause in the event of a change in ownership. No one ran him out of town, and he wasn't going to be after posting 9-7 season

26 minutes ago, 87168 said:

how so? from what's been reported during his tenure in Buffalo, his personality may have had more to do with him having to accept an OC role.

McD has "his QB" and look at the results. the team (all around) has regressed and him and the GM are now two seasons in, choosing their players

McD has a rookie he thinks can be his QB. The team hasn't regressed, it was broken down to the studs and they'll have the next two seasons to turn it around.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 87168 said:

how so? from what's been reported during his tenure in Buffalo, his personality may have had more to do with him having to accept an OC role.

McD has "his QB" and look at the results. the team (all around) has regressed and him and the GM are now two seasons in, choosing their players

No, Beane has been here for one draft. the results of that draft are a couple years out.

But, Beane  has had some of the most bizarre FA signings in the franchises history.Example

his piss poor trades and subsequent  cuts have 

eaten up a tad over 4 million in THIS years cap in just the past few weeks.

Someone actually  remarked. Well I don't think the Bills were going to use that money anyways.

Really? If well spent that money could have improved this pitiful roster this season a little bit. 

The JAG DT from Carolina sucks, and it's understod that 10 M per year is kind of 

average for a decent DT. Star is below average. And that may not change. But,  sitting pretty with Beane giving him 30 M guaranteed. 

And now Beane will have 80 million next year. Is this rookie GM capable of rebuilding a 

completely gutted roster?  The team regressing was kind of expected. Doubtful anyone thought it would be this putrid. 

8 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

No, Beane has been here for one draft. the results of that draft are a couple years out.

But, Beane  has had some of the most bizarre FA signings in the franchises history.Example

his piss poor trades and subsequent  cuts have 

eaten up a tad over 4 million in THIS years cap in just the past few weeks.

Someone actually  remarked. Well I don't think the Bills were going to use that money anyways.

Really? If well spent that money could have improved this pitiful roster this season a little bit. 

The JAG DT from Carolina sucks, and it's understod that 10 M per year is kind of 

average for a decent DT. Star is below average. And that may not change. But,  sitting pretty with Beane giving him 30 M guaranteed. 

And now Beane will have 80 million next year. Is this rookie GM capable of rebuilding a 

completely gutted roster?  The team regressing was kind of expected. Doubtful anyone thought it would be this putrid. 

Why is Star bad? I have yet to see someone actually show me facts other than sacks, which isn't a measurable stat for DTs.

Edited by Watkins90

12 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Why is Star bad? I have yet to see someone actually show me facts other than sacks, which isn't a measurable stat for DTs.

Today the Chargers averaged 4.2 yards per rush attempt. And they weren't running much. 

Not the worst but as a 'spaceeater' where are the sacks coming from when he is in the lineup? 

Today we got 2. He had zero impact on one of them. 

I didn't check but someone said he had zero tackles. Or maybe that was last week. the man is literraly invisible

when he is in. I just don't see value at 10 million a year. Maybe he just fits McD's profile for what he likes in NFL players. 

37 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Try reading the post I responded to, apply cognitive skills then you can determine what I am talking about; funny how that works!

I read it and it looked like you made assumptions and put words in my mouth. Try being less of a tool.

Edited by Bangarang

1 hour ago, Returntoglory said:

They also inherited a horrid salary cap situation 

No, they created a horrid salary situation. Dareus is playing lights out for the Jags right now. Taylor could have been kept, Glenn could have been kept. All players that could help this team. This is the team they chose. They have no one to blame but themselves. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

No, they created a horrid salary situation. Dareus is playing lights out for the Jags right now. Taylor could have been kept, Glenn could have been kept. All players that could help this team. This is the team they chose. They have no one to blame but themselves. 

You are spot on.

I don't want to hear McBeane or their supporters complain about the roster.  These are the players they wanted (including all of the dead cap and players not on the team).

As I have said before, McBeane and others complaining about the roster is like the kid who killed his parents throwing himself at the mercy of the court because he is an orphan.

1 minute ago, Just Joshin' said:

I can clearly remember many fans glad he left.........

Marrone was a traitor.  

He left knowing he would get paid regardless because he had it in his head that he was going to get the Jets' job.

Good coach. Horrible human being.

• Like (+1) 1

Marrone's staff always had a solid gameplan.  It wasn't always properly executed, but the team competed every week.  We went to Denver as huge underdogs, and if not for Orton mailing in his performance, would have won.  Even if the players didn't love him, the effort was there for position coaches.  He almost beat KC with Jeff Tuel at quarterback.  Yes, we didn't make the playoffs, and lost in Oakland, but it wasn't like the team was unprepared, as they looked the first 6 quarters this year.  Hackett has grown into a solid OC as well.  Seems like he just needed time to adjust to the NFL.  I hated when Marrone quit, and wish they'd have kept him over Whaley.

I hated Marone but there’s not a person in the NFL that doesn't think he’s better then McDermott. Marone is a real good coach, it’s just all sour grapes here that make people think otherwise. If Whaley wasn’t forcing the eternal bust EJ down everyone’s throat, we probably could have been something. The 14 orton tean was the best Bills team in a very long time. The only team that even resembled an NFL passing game. To bad EJ blew that season in Houston.

• Like (+1) 1