Is Doug Marrone a better coach than Sean McDermott?

BringBackOrton

Who is the better coach in the NFL?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better coach in the NFL?

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I hated Marone but there’s not a person in the NFL that doesn't think he’s better then McDermott. Marone is a real good coach, it’s just all sour grapes here that make people think otherwise. If Whaley wasn’t forcing the eternal bust EJ down everyone’s throat, we probably could have been something. The 14 orton tean was the best Bills team in a very long time. The only team that even resembled an NFL passing game. To bad EJ blew that season in Houston.

We should’ve made the playoffs in both 15 & 16 with Tyrod... just saying. 

4 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

i'll take McD over Marrone right now.  It's too early in McD's tenure to judge accurately.  Marrone has Coughlin.  He set the tone.

I like McD and what he brings.  He is being tested right now, but that's OK.  He'll do what needs to be done to fix this.  

Are we sure. Nothing points to that? Every player he has brought in so far has underperformed.  Hell one of them quit at halftime today. 

• Like (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, Peter said:

Marrone was a traitor.  

He left knowing he would get paid regardless

The front office that gave him that contract should be the target of your ire. Marrone's a D-Bag, but walking away has proven to be the right move for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, QCity said:

The front office that gave him that contract should be the target of your ire. Marrone's a D-Bag, but walking away has proven to be the right move for him. 

The front office was stupid.

Marrone was a traitor.

Neither is a good look.

2 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

They also inherited a horrid salary cap situation 

Well, I know what you are saying, but they (McDermot/Beane) kind of brought that on themselves to a degree.  They got rid of some very talented players, and created a lot of "dead money" issues for the cap.  I understand why they did it, but they could have kept a lot of those players, and dedicated themselves to caoching them up, rather than just getting rid of them.  Guys like Dareus and Sammy might have not been their type of guys, but they weren't without talent.  So, they get rid of them prematurely, creating dead money that they can't use to replace them with, and the performance of the team suffers, in the short term.  Hopefully, they know what they are doing...next year they should have money to be able to build a much better roster...though, some of the free agent signings they made this year, so far, don't look like money well spent...trust the process.  I still do, but excuses run out next year, for me.

Hard to say, I’d imagine if McDermott was the Jags coach now he’d be fairing better.  

Didnt like Marrone but it sounded like he was coaching through an organizational crap show when he was here.  Plus there was the threat to move as well.  

I guess time time will tell overall 

Yeah Doug Marrone can get production out of Dareus. I don't care if somebody is a lazy good for nothing squander of immense talent, that probably smokes weed too much and talks back to his coach.. if he's talented.

LAWRENCE TAYLOR WOULDN'T BE A PROCESS PLAYER. You know what that tells me, McD is too chicken**** to do a large portion of his job description (motivating spoiled brats with money to play football) that he gives up and gives the character excuse. 

I:d take a coach that can get a cracked out 3 nights sleepless LT to be a monster and get 7 sacks over a coach that's too scared of one of the best players ever.

Beane takes the easy way out by claiming he has a process 5-6 years so he has a rats *** of retaining his job. McD takes the easy way out refusing to work with difficult talent. Andre Holmes must spend his free time saving puppies to justify his spot. I'm sure he's really "coachable" but he's a crap receiver. McD would be terrified of Randy Moss. Rebuilding a team on character isn't what a good team does. They rebuild on players that regardless of what they do in their free time; they can be motivated by a good coach to beat ass on Sunday and cocaine binge to celebrate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

To me, the answer is Doug.  Great preparedness, teams rarely got blown out.

What say you?

I say that in his first two years as HC, Marrone made a lot of newbie mistakes.

He took over a roster that was good but not great, and it was improved significantly between his first and second years by draft and FA acquisitions

Marrone seems to have learned something in his 2nd gig, and to be benefiting by taking over an even more talented roster and having the support of a top FO.