Is Doug Marrone a better coach than Sean McDermott?

BringBackOrton

Who is the better coach in the NFL?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better coach in the NFL?

I liked Marronne initially after the hiring of Jim Scwartz, I think that hire combined with the defense finishing in the top 5 was the highlight of his tenure. Clearly Marronne inherited a more talented roster in Jacksonville than McDermott did in Buffalo. But I think McDermott will be the better coach, I can't see Marronne taking over offense/defense play calling and making a bigger impact on the game than McDermott did this past Sunday.  That alone seems like something that would push the boundaries between being a medicore HC to a above average HC. 

And I do realize that some might say "well he wouldn't have to take over playcalling if he didn't hire Frazier" so I understand that point as well. Until we see McDermott with a talented roster and how is tenure in Buffalo ends, won't know the full extent of his impact in Buffalo good or bad. 

• 1 month later...

Love this from the Jacksonville paper

Offensive inconsistencies were to be expected. But a defense with no answers? It makes you wonder how many games the Jaguars would have won last season had Colts quarterback Andrew Luck and Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson not been injured.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Love this from the Jacksonville paper

Offensive inconsistencies were to be expected. But a defense with no answers? It makes you wonder how many games the Jaguars would have won last season had Colts quarterback Andrew Luck and Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson not been injured.

so damn true.