Is Doug Marrone a better coach than Sean McDermott?

BringBackOrton

Who is the better coach in the NFL?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better coach in the NFL?

Overall, I would definitely say Marrone. I thought his teams were more prepared, had better gameplans.

What I was wrong about with Marrone, and what I didn't like about him is how conservative he is in the NFL. I'm a Syracuse football fan and I didn't feel like he was as conservative in college. But it reared it's ugly head with the Jags again last year, I think it contributed them to blowing that game to the Pats in the AFC Championship.

The problem is...I don't think McDermott is as good of a coach...and he's even more conservative. I always said I thought last season was a little flukey in terms of us being a playoff team...but I was never going to care about what the records were the first 2 seasons, I just wanted to see progression. I hate to say it...but McDermott reminds me a lot of Jauron. I know everyone wants to point out making the playoffs last year...but I believe Jauron once had a 13-3 season with the Bears. That doesn't make him a good coach. 

I wasn't really upset when Marrone left...I was probably overly optimistic with the Pegulas in the fold...but I just didn't expect for us to downgrade on their first 2 hires. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Oh for Gods sake! 

Give McD a chance to run that D with his knowledge on defense. 

Marrone is a good coach but he got handed 2 face cards showing and McD got pocket 4’s.

If Marrone was so great why did he still on a pile of crap waiting for a HC interview when he was available?

Remember he had to settle for the O line coach position in Jax before he got the HC gig by default.

how so? from what's been reported during his tenure in Buffalo, his personality may have had more to do with him having to accept an OC role.

McD has "his QB" and look at the results. the team (all around) has regressed and him and the GM are now two seasons in, choosing their players

Just now, 87168 said:

how so? from what's been reported during his tenure in Buffalo, his personality may have had more to do with him having to accept an OC role.

McD has "his QB" and look at the results. the team (all around) has regressed and him and the GM are now two seasons in, choosing their players

Factually incorrect. Beane has been here for one year.

22 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Why do people keep saying this as if McD and B.B. inherited this mess of a team? They are the ones who created this roster.

Maybe we are realists; if you think this team was on the verge of SB contention before the current coaching management, then you sir, are smoking! Do you really follow the NFL or is this passing fancy!

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Maybe the fanbase that ran Doug Marrone out of town, the guy who is now the head of what appears to be the AFC's next perennial playoff team, shouldn't be the ones to judge McDermott, the guy who ended a 17 year old playoff drought.  

It seems like at least 75% of this board suffers from mental disorders! Good post!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

Maybe we are realists; if you think this team was on the verge of SB contention before the current coaching management, then you sir, are smoking! Do you really follow the NFL or is this passing fancy!

What are you even talking about?

• Like (+1) 1

Defintely Marrone he always had us competitive and prepared ..he was just hamstrung by awful Qb play..ej was so bad..they had to go out and get Kyle Orton. I think with a better gm aka coughlin he would have been great here. Whaley screwed him on ej pick and the Watkins trade up. If we just stay put and then draft Bridgewater the next year or even pick up a good vet we'd be fine . He also has a knack for great staff hires which McDermott has failed at so far..Pettine and shwartz were great hires .

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, COTC said:

39 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

To me, the answer is Doug.  Great preparedness, teams rarely got blown out.

What say you?

Not only that...Mahomes, Tyrod and Fitz are better, could be throwing to Watkins, Schwartz probably better, other owners are better, my neighbors house is better, my buddies wife is better...

Good Effing Grief....this board is becoming as unreadable as PPP