Reasons Why I Stand By Coach McDermott and GM Beane’s “Process”

BuffaloRush

Just now, MAJBobby said:

So now it is a Soft rebuild. So a CoTP memeber just came out with three different plans. 

So the reality is the Process is really no plan and shooting from the hip and spinning Propaganda? Amd Buzz Words 

What exactly is CoTP.....

Your getting kinda hostile here sir....deep breaths

23 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Went 9-7, 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 the last 4 years.

Why a complete gut job and total rebuild? 

IMO it didn't have to be.

Reminds me a lot of Darcy Regier and Tim Murrays total incompetence and failures as Sabres GMs. 

Tried to answer this in a different thread, and I'll try again here. Basically there were three main issues with the Whaley era Bills: 1. we were talent collectors, not team builders; 2. We paid the wrong guys and our cap situation was F'd, so there was always going to be a hard ceiling as a pseudo playoff contender; 3. The real leaders of the team (Kyle, EWood, Lorenzo, Shady) were all getting old and on their way out so we needed to find new ones to rebuild around. 

When McD took over, his first priority was to get value for guys who were in line to get paid or had already been paid but weren't the team leaders you need from your big money guys. So Darius, Sammy, Woods, etc., all got sent packing. Same with guys like Ragland who didn't fit their system. Letting some of those guys go looks tough in hindsight (i.e. Woods) but this was all done in an effort to create enough draft capital and room to go out and get our new captains to establish the culture McD wants in the locker room. Enter Allen and Edmunds.

You can rag on the extent of the exodus, or the laughable reliance on Carolina retreads, or using so much draft capital on two guys, or even the guys themselves, but the rebuild needed to happen. If Allen and Edmunds prove to be the leaders McD thinks they are, then it'll be worth it. 

Edited by VW82

The issue i have right now is that none of the offseason additions have done anything.  I get that you cant get everyone you want..but the additions have done nothing.  

I like Josh Allen.  Still need to see more.  But if u get a QB everything gets easier.  

The truth is next year this team needs to make a huge leap forward...there will be no more excuses.  According to you they have a QB.. they will have 90 million in cap space..and most likely a very high pick.  No excuses next year

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Church of The Process 

so it is hostil asking hard questions?

I never said that I was all in on the process (did I say that?)

I think they have a plan.....right now the plan is not going so well and maybe the plan is even to make those 10 draft picks high in the rounds......

You also have to wonder if they thought last year they were gonna make the playoffs.....sometimes I do wonder that.    If we dont go 9-7 we dont have to give up those 2nd, 3rd picks....and Cordy Glenn to get into the franchise QB position

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

If you're going to throw away a season and get rid of all of the previous regime's guys, and totally rebuild with your kind of players and get rid of all the bad contracts and plan for the future why don't you do that all in year one and not year two?

Because then it was this winning now and in the future stuff that only turned into a development tear when McBeane’s defense was SMOKED week 1

Building a dominant NFL franchise takes time. I believe that the foundation is in place with the GM, head coach and the franchise QB "in training" Josh Allen.

This is what the very beginning of building a real contending NFL team looks like. It's going to look very awkward a lot. I don't understand the rush to be great right now. 

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

If you're going to throw away a season and get rid of all of the previous regime's guys, and totally rebuild with your kind of players and get rid of all the bad contracts and plan for the future why don't you do that all in year one and not year two?

I think that's what John is referring to.  I think he's suggesting that going 9-7 may have been as much a surprise to them as everyone else.  

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I never said that I was all in on the process (did I say that?)

I think they have a plan.....right now the plan is not going so well and maybe the plan is even to make those 10 draft picks high in the rounds......

You also have to wonder if they thought last year they were gonna make the playoffs.....sometimes I do wonder that.    If we dont go 9-7 we dont have to give up those 2nd, 3rd picks....and Cordy Glenn to get into the franchise QB position

Thats my point. It isnt a plan. If they wanted to get all their guys and blah blah build or whatever 

shady should have been dealt last year. 

Wood dealt last year

Looney Toons dealt last year

Hughes dealt last year. 

Not kick the pain down the road. They should have tore the bandaid all at once. 

Cleveland did it now look at their Talent they have

2 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Building a dominant NFL franchise takes time. I believe that the foundation is in place with the GM, head coach and the franchise QB "in training" Josh Allen.

This is what the very beginning of building a real contending NFL team looks like. It's going to look very awkward a lot. I don't understand the rush to be great right now. 

Then Why was McCoy not dealt last year (will be retired before we are good)

Hughes (same)

Kyle (Same)

Eric (is retired)

Looney Toon ( is retired)

Edited by MAJBobby

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

They kept TT.  They underestimated him. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So now it is a Soft rebuild. So a CoTP memeber just came out with three different plans. 

So the reality is the Process is really no plan and shooting from the hip and spinning Propaganda? And Buzz Words 

So if Allen Fails should he get another shot One?

Him or Beane? Or both?

I've been on record since the day were hired that if they can't get the job done, they need to get the !@#$ out of town. 3 years is more than fair, and I think they bought a little more time than that by breaking the drought. That can all change if things turn into a complete and total disaster, but I'm not close to making that call after only 2 games.

The one thing that is crystal clear though is the failures here before them had to get thrown into the trash, of that there can be no doubt.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Thats my point. It isnt a plan. If theh wanted to get all their guys and blah blah build or whatever 

shady should have been dealt last year. 

Wood dealt last year

Looney Toons dealt last year

Hughes dealt last year. 

Not kick the pain down the road. 

At this point, I don't think anyone can keep track with what you're mad about.  It's just everything and anything.  

I agree with other posters that deep breathe's are your friend right now.