Reasons Why I Stand By Coach McDermott and GM Beane’s “Process”

BuffaloRush

49 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

There are many reasons why, in the face of the  ugly, negative, and defamatory rhetoric from some of the Bills fan base (I use that term loosely), I stand in lock-step with Coach McDermott and GM Beane.  There are many reasons why:

- We finally have acquired our franchise QB.  This year will all be about his individual development, not about the team’s overall record.  Also would you rather have another 7-9 year with Tyrod Taylor starting?  Or a year bottoming out at say 4-12 where we use a high draft pick to acquire premium talent?  Cal me crazy but I’ve seen enough of 7-9.  If you’re not gonna make the playoffs, Miss them by a mile.

- The are cleaning up the cap situation.  Doug Whaley’s cap situation was atrocious.  It takes time to clean it up.  Beane was able to unload overpaid stars like Sammy Watkins, Marcel Darius, and yes even Tyrod.  Next year, we have a lot of $$$ to spend and a high draft position.  We will rebuild.

- They ended the playoff drought!  I repeat, they ended the playoff drought!  Some of you would have traded your first born to end the drought, these guys did it and you whinge.  

- We have our defensive QB’s in Edmunds, Hyde, and White.  Solid starters for years to come.  Yes Edmunds has struggled a bit so far but he is 20 years old.  Give him 1 year NFL experience and you will see. 

- Coach McDermott will fix the problems on defense.

Folks look at the talent on this team.  Did you really think this was playoff caliiber?  They suffered too many losses.  This is a rebuilding year.  I would encourage you to look at the overall progress of Josh Allen and not the team’s overall record.  This is a rebuild. 

So in conclusion, thank you Coach McDermott.  Thank you GM Beane.  You have our ship headed toward the right direction with the character and culture of this organization. 

To the fans who whinge on this board about the Bills.  Quit your whinging.  We had a playoff team last year.  They broke the streak. Chalk this up to a rebuild and move on.  If you don’t like the team....get off the bus!  (Mic drop)

Nobody on this board cares what you believe in Mr. Beane, except for your boy Mcdirtmutt!

Edited by jtothebrown

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Whaleys Scouts  ouch hurts right

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/12/how_did_buffalo_bills_land_micah_hyde_in_free_agency_ask_the_green_bay_packers.html

Sean McDermott was surprised, too. When free agency rolled around, McDermott had been the Buffalo Bills' head coach for just a few months. But while McDermott was the defensive coordinator for the Carolina Panthers, he had spent plenty of time "T.V. scouting" Hyde whenever he had a chance. He saw a player who could play all over the field, and the two have a mutual friend, so he knew the type of person and leader Hyde could be. So when his first free agency with the Bills rolled around, McDermott put on the tape to see if it would match up with what he'd seen on television. 

The weird part about it is when I TV scouted him I couldn't get a real feel for what he was until you turn the tape on and see, 'Could he be a full time safety for us?'" McDermott said. 

It was also reported that Bob Babich is the one who pushed hard for the Bills to sign Jordan Poyer 

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/12/how_did_buffalo_bills_land_micah_hyde_in_free_agency_ask_the_green_bay_packers.html

It was also reported that Bob Babich is the one who pushed hard for the Bills to sign Jordan Poyer 

Oooo ****. I found Mahomes because i TV scouted him. Meaning I WATCHED FOOTBALL

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Because that is what we were topping out at......it takes a better team to get to 11-5

So get rid of all the talented players and going into rebuild mode in the name of process is better than making heady moves and improving on 9-7? Really!  

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Too funny. So was hired in Jan. And somehow got to scout and make all those reports on all UFAs and Draft. 

As always, the bottom line is what matters... and the bottom line once again is that Whaley and his team made ZERO decisions about anything after McD was hired. Like I said, it is what it is.

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok Then WHY

do you spend 50M on an aging DT that has got worse every year?

To be a run stopper beside a gap penatrator like he was with the Panthers.....lets call a spade a spade here....Kyle Williams has not played as well as previous years and is now very long in the tooth......Star has not played well but this does happen when you bring in free agents.....some of them just dont produce the way the fans want them to.  If Horrible Harry overtakes him in the rotation then thats ok with me.   I think we will be drafting or bringing in more DL help next year.....also....with the exception of maybe a couple of plays today we are not getting an edge rush.......without an edge rush QBs dont have to step up in the pocket...this hurts your DT pass rush.

Why does the Bills have the third oldest Roster in NFL?

I really dont make a big deal of this as long as they are performing....they are not performing.....I think we will get younger as we go along....some of these signings like Vonte really hurt that metric.

, Coleman, Phillips?

taking shots at high ceiling talent that has not panned out?   Do we really fault the mgt for that?

Why is Trent Murphy signed (though this isnt that bad of a contract)?

Like star...it is early in the season to make a final determination on this

Why are aging players that are not part of the future dealt? 

Just like Beane said in year 1 (where we made the playoffs) "winning now and winning in the future" but we are 0-2

1 minute ago, Rico said:

As always, the bottom line is what matters... and the bottom line once again is that Whaley and his team made ZERO decisions about anything after McD was hired. Like I said, it is what it is.

So then he owns Passing on what look to be two Franchise QBs 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

To be a run stopper beside a gap penatrator like he was with the Panthers.....lets call a spade a spade here....Kyle Williams has not played as well as previous years and is now very long in the tooth......Star has not played well but this does happen when you bring in free agents.....some of them just dont produce the way the fans want them to.  If Horrible Harry overtakes him in the rotation then thats ok with me.   I think we will be drafting or bringing in more DL help next year.....also....with the exception of maybe a couple of plays today we are not getting an edge rush.......without an edge rush QBs dont have to step up in the pocket...this hurts your DT pass rush.

I really dont make a big deal of this as long as they are performing....they are not performing.....I think we will get younger as we go along....some of these signings like Vonte really hurt that metric.

taking shots at high ceiling talent that has not panned out?   Do we really fault the mgt for that?

Like star...it is early in the season to make a final determination on this

Just like Beane said in year 1 (where we made the playoffs) "winning now and winning in the future" but we are 0-2

Wait so now it is “winning now and winning in the future”. You just said it was CLEARLY rebuilding. So in that case NOT one of the answers make sense. 

So if it was winning now and in the future 

why wasnt OL addressed?

why was TT traded?

Why wasnt Gaines re-signed?

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

soft rebiuld

So now it is a Soft rebuild. So a CoTP memeber just came out with three different plans. 

So the reality is the Process is really no plan and shooting from the hip and spinning Propaganda? And Buzz Words 

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

It was absolutely his decision not to draft either one, so yes, the bottom line is that he owns it.

So if Allen Fails should he get another shot One?

Edited by MAJBobby