Reasons Why I Stand By Coach McDermott and GM Beane’s “Process”

BuffaloRush

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

OK so last year we cut high priced players for draft picks......we used draft capital to move up for a franchise QB.....we have 10 draft picks next year and like 90 million in cap space

That doesnt sound like a rebiuld to you?

Went 9-7, 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 the last 4 years.

Why a complete gut job and total rebuild? 

IMO it didn't have to be.

Reminds me a lot of Darcy Regier and Tim Murrays total incompetence and failures as Sabres GMs. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, White Linen said:

Nothing was happening without McDermott's approval.  Do you think Whaley and his team were the first to understand and scout those two players.  

McDermott actually admitted he scouted them in Carolina and has been watching them for a while. 

PRO PERSONAL Department does the scouting. McD hired him. But again so either way NOT BEANE’s. Now get to my questions. They are not hard 

35 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

There are many reasons why, in the face of the  ugly, negative, and defamatory rhetoric from some of the Bills fan base (I use that term loosely), I stand in lock-step with Coach McDermott.

- We finally have acquired our franchise QB.  This year will all be about his individual development, not about the team’s overall record.  

So in conclusion, thank you Coach McDermott.  Thank you GM Beane.  

Huh, you keep talking about drafting  a QB again  next year again if your now 'franchise quarterback',doesn't meet your lofty standards. Remember?

In conclusion you talk out of both sides of your mouth. 

32 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Love it!!!!

I'd rather have people like McD and Bean that move on from mistakes (benching Peterman, taking over playcalling from Frazier) than people who stubbornly sit by their decisions trying not to look bad and then blaming the negative outcomes on others.  

Youre aware that the previous GM you hate so much wanted to draft Mahomes and Watson and move on from EJ.

We currently pay Dimarco 2 mil per year to play 5 snaps in 2 games, Ducasse keeps starting, and Peterman has started 3 times now/still on the roster/we traded 2 vets who were ahead of him on the depth chart. 

Your reasoning isn’t linear, it’s baselessly preferential. 

This regime is officially hot garbage. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, pop gun said:

Went 9-7, 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 the last 4 years.

Why a complete gut job and total rebuild? 

IMO it didn't have to be.

Reminds me a lot of Darcy Regier and Tim Murrays total incompetence and failures as Sabres GMs. 

Because that is what we were topping out at......it takes a better team to get to 11-5

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

There are many reasons why, in the face of the  ugly, negative, and defamatory rhetoric from some of the Bills fan base (I use that term loosely), I stand in lock-step with Coach McDermott and GM Beane.  There are many reasons why:

- We finally have acquired our franchise QB.  This year will all be about his individual development, not about the team’s overall record.  Also would you rather have another 7-9 year with Tyrod Taylor starting?  Or a year bottoming out at say 4-12 where we use a high draft pick to acquire premium talent?  Cal me crazy but I’ve seen enough of 7-9.  If you’re not gonna make the playoffs, Miss them by a mile.

- The are cleaning up the cap situation.  Doug Whaley’s cap situation was atrocious.  It takes time to clean it up.  Beane was able to unload overpaid stars like Sammy Watkins, Marcel Darius, and yes even Tyrod.  Next year, we have a lot of $$$ to spend and a high draft position.  We will rebuild.

- They ended the playoff drought!  I repeat, they ended the playoff drought!  Some of you would have traded your first born to end the drought, these guys did it and you whinge.  

- We have our defensive QB’s in Edmunds, Hyde, and White.  Solid starters for years to come.  Yes Edmunds has struggled a bit so far but he is 20 years old.  Give him 1 year NFL experience and you will see. 

- Coach McDermott will fix the problems on defense.

Folks look at the talent on this team.  Did you really think this was playoff caliiber?  They suffered too many losses.  This is a rebuilding year.  I would encourage you to look at the overall progress of Josh Allen and not the team’s overall record.  This is a rebuild. 

So in conclusion, thank you Coach McDermott.  Thank you GM Beane.  You have our ship headed toward the right direction with the character and culture of this organization. 

To the fans who whinge on this board about the Bills.  Quit your whinging.  We had a playoff team last year.  They broke the streak. Chalk this up to a rebuild and move on.  If you don’t like the team....get off the bus!  (Mic drop)

this post makes me whinge

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, White Linen said:

No you're right McD never heard of Poyer and Hyde until Whaley's team discovered them.  hahahahahahahaha

Was BEANE AND HIS PRO team the ones that scouted??  Nope. So again try and answer my questions. 

My biggest concern with the "Process" is McBeane's pro-personnel decisions. They have been extremely lackluster. Whaley wasn't very good at drafting but he did a good job of finding guys from other teams at a pro-level. Whereas I feel like McBeane is good at drafting but so far hasn't done much in pro-personnel decisions. Right now the best free agent acquisition might have been Haush. 

Just now, Rico said:

He gets full credit and blame for everything that happened between the day he was hired and the day Beane was hired. It is what it is.

Too funny. So was hired in Jan. And somehow got to scout and make all those reports on all UFAs and Draft.