Week 3: Vikings Game Preparation - Shaq Lawson Declared Out; Cook & Griffen Out for MIN; Shady Out

26CornerBlitz

9-21: Brian Daboll on WGR (10:32)

#Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll joins Howard and Jeremy right now on WGR!

Daboll - Allen did good in a lot of areas, and there were some areas that he still needs to work on. Not a bad first start for a rookie. #Bills

Daboll - It's always a daunting tasks when you come in as a rookie and competing against grown men, grown defenses... it's such a huge challenge for a player with limited experience. ##Bills

Daboll - Allen is smart, he understands where he's at. There's always something to learn. As a coach, you try to give him a few things, can't give him 1,000 things, and you hope for progress every week. #Bills

Daboll - The biggest thing to make sure of is that Allen is confident in the gameplan we're installing this week. The crowd noise and intensity of that environment is something he will have to work through in Minnesota. #Bills

Daboll - You'd always like to be able to run the ball and control the line of scrimmage. If things aren't working in one area, you have to try and work in some other things. We'll have to adjust and see how things are going. #Bills

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:huh: The Bills weren't underdogs in that game and even if they were that was a Wild Card playoff game. 

i know, it just came to mind. i would have to say yes, it would be the biggest upset win with the spread being what it is.  if i was a betting man, i'd take the points.

Edited by billsredneck1

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

i know just came to mind. i would have to say yes, it would be the biggest upset win with the spread being what it is.  if i was a betting man, i'd take the points.

Not me. I think the Bills get hammered in this game as they are clearly inferior in every way. 

27 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

9-21: Brian Daboll on WGR (10:32)

#Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll joins Howard and Jeremy right now on WGR!

Daboll - Allen did good in a lot of areas, and there were some areas that he still needs to work on. Not a bad first start for a rookie. #Bills

Daboll - It's always a daunting tasks when you come in as a rookie and competing against grown men, grown defenses... it's such a huge challenge for a player with limited experience. ##Bills

Daboll - Allen is smart, he understands where he's at. There's always something to learn. As a coach, you try to give him a few things, can't give him 1,000 things, and you hope for progress every week. #Bills

Daboll - The biggest thing to make sure of is that Allen is confident in the gameplan we're installing this week. The crowd noise and intensity of that environment is something he will have to work through in Minnesota. #Bills

Daboll - You'd always like to be able to run the ball and control the line of scrimmage. If things aren't working in one area, you have to try and work in some other things. We'll have to adjust and see how things are going. #Bills

Is it me, or does Dabol sound very underwhelming for an alleged offensive genius?  

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not me. I think the Bills get hammered in this game as they are clearly inferior in every way. 

i don't think so, i think the vikes are looking ahead to a short week.  they are probably game planning for the rams and figuring on coasting with base offense and d and just get it over with.  i also believe we will see a much better defensive effort especially when it comes to pressure. if we can stop the run and get them in 3rd and longs....

dabol will have to cook up some stuff.  some counter tre's, jet sweeps, a lot of 2 back sets to allow a hand off or swing pass to shady or ivory. send foster on a fly route every play.

i think mcd will come through and not allow this team to drag ass.  cousins schmousins

Edited by billsredneck1

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

i don't think so, i think the vikes are looking ahead to a short week.  they are probably game planning for the rams and figuring on coasting with base offense and d and just get it over with.  i also believe we will see a much better defensive effort especially when it comes to pressure. i we can stop the run and get them in 3rd and longs....

i think mcd will come through and not allow this team to drag ass.  cousins schmousins

Ever the optimist even in the face of reality that this Bills' team isn't very good and even more the case when they're on the road against an excellent opponent.  :beer:

14 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Picked up? Cousins wasn't on a roster already?  He's rock solid in fantasy.

Yeah, I know.  I was surprised he was out there.  Not a league of newbies either, but we have small rosters so most don't keep more than one QB at a time.

Winning Formula: Could Sunday Be A Trap Game For Vikings? (5:07)

The Voice of the Vikings, Paul Allen, is joined by Mike Wobschall, Ron Johnson, and Ben Leber to discuss what makes Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs so tough to defend, trying to get the running game on track, and if Sunday could be a trap game for the Vikings with a showdown in Los Angeles looming next Thursday.

1 hour ago, GG said:

Is it me, or does Dabol sound very underwhelming for an alleged offensive genius?  

I thought Daboll called a good game last week. There were routes open but Allen didn't always see them. There was enough trickery to keep LA on their toes. He's working with the worst offensive cast in the NFL and a rookie QB considered to be very raw. I'm not expecting the greatest show on turf.

• Like (+1) 2

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 3: Vikings Game Preparation - Shaq Lawson Declared Out