Week 3: Vikings Game Preparation - Shaq Lawson Declared Out; Cook & Griffen Out for MIN; Shady Out

26CornerBlitz

No Fracture for LeSean McCoy Doesn't Mean No Problem

LeSean McCoy left following a running play toward the end of the Bills’ loss to the Chargers on Sunday.

It was not the tackle that hurt him.

Center Ryan Groy fell on McCoy, injuring his left lower rib cage. The friendly fire was not necessary the lineman's fault, as he was pushed back and had his legs taken out simultaneously.

Although there is no fracture, McCoy is not out of the woods.

An isolated rib fracture healing is actually more predictable and easier to treat than what McCoy will be dealing with.

Based on the video and report of no fracture, McCoy undoubtedly has a rib cartilage injury.

The lower rib cage is made up primarily of cartilage rather than bone.

When broken, bone (especially ribs) heals more quickly than cartilage. (Rib cartilage can fracture. It doesn't show up on x-ray, but often it is more painful and more long lasting.)

Early Look: Vikings vs. Bills

EAGAN, Minn. — After a weird, wild and wacky tie against the Packers on Sunday, the Vikings now turn their attention to their first interconference game of the 2018 season.

Minnesota will host Buffalo on Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium. Kickoff is at noon (CT).

The Vikings staged a furious rally at the end of regulation against Green Bay but neither team could score in overtime as the game ended in a 29-29 tie.

Minnesota is now 1-0-1 on the season as it prepares to welcome winless Buffalo to town.

The Bills are 0-2, and both losses have come by double digits.

Here’s a look at Minnesota’s Week 3 home game against Buffalo:

cronin_courtney.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

Courtney Cronin ESPN Staff Writer 

Minnesota used 2 sixth round draft picks to trade up into the 5th round to draft Daniel Carlson. Does Zimmer wish he had those picks back? "Nah, that's water off a duck's back. We'll get some more sixth rounders next year, I'm not worried about that. Plus we got three undrafted free agents on the roster, too, so it's probably better than having those six rounders."

On 9/16/2018 at 5:53 PM, twist_to_open said:

What's the over/under for Bills players retiring at halftime for this game?

A lot lower than number of Bills fans who will take cheap shots.

In fact if I was a betting man I'd say that Bills fans are more likely to take cheap shots by 3:1 to Vikings fans.

56 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Sure because the kicker was replaced :D

Mall of America? Too early for Octoberfest.

No malls for me. Maybe Nicollet Mall. Lots of good micro-breweries and eateries plus a cool stadium. I think I'll be fine up until the 15 minute mark of quarter 1.

12 hours ago, Pete said:

16.5 dog LOL

The Vikes are Oklahoma.  We are Saint Marys of the Blind.

I don't think I have ever seen that large a spread in the NFL.  Respect the process

7 times it's been in the 20s since 1970

Both Fish and Jets at Pats in 2007 were over 20

• Like (+1) 1