Week 3: Vikings Game Preparation - Shaq Lawson Declared Out; Cook & Griffen Out for MIN; Shady Out

26CornerBlitz

Cousins Throws for 425 Yards, 4 TDs against Packers

GREEN BAY, Wisc. — That’s what the face of the franchise looks like.

Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins got his first taste of the Minnesota-Green Bay rivalry on Sunday afternoon and didn’t disappoint, helping lead a wild comeback to force overtime in an eventual 29-29 tie.

No, Cousins did not get a win in his first game as a Viking against Green Bay. But he showed plenty of swagger and the ability to deliver in the clutch against his new team’s biggest rival.

“Kirk always steps up to the plate. You see that and you want that,” said Vikings wide receiver Stefon Diggs. “He commands the huddle, he shows what he can do each and every week.

“I’m happy that my quarterback had a good day,” Diggs added. “He keeps working, and that’s the type of guy Kirk is.”

cronin_courtney.png&w=160&h=160&scale=cr
Courtney Cronin ESPN Staff Writer

Mike Zimmer on whether he has a decision to make at kicker: "It's too early. Rick (Spielman) and I will sit down tomorrow and we'll talk about it. My job is to evaluate everything that happened today whether it was the running game, the defense or the passing game or the kicking game. We're going to evaluate all of it. "

22 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I don't think I've ever saw this large of a spread for an NFL game......and sadly I still may take the Vikings to cover.

Back when Mannning threw 55tds in a season, the Jags were +28 at Denver. The jags kept it within 28 points?

Edited by LEBills

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I'm looking forward to Kelvin Benjamin retiring mid-drive - hell, mid-route.

Might be difficult to tell when he actually breaks off the route to retire.

40 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

+ 16.5 in an NFL game? Wowzers...Bills truly are the little sisters of the poor in the NFL

Where's my buddy Commonsense? Opportunity is knocking. Watch the sharps!

Given the point spread against the Vikings, Vegas really looks at the Bills as one of those Little Sister of the Poor teams that big time college programs play at the beginning of the college football season.

It is truly embarrassing what McBeane have done to this team in such a short period of time.  Wow.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I don't think I've ever saw this large of a spread for an NFL game......and sadly I still may take the Vikings to cover.

Pretty steep spread this early in the season.

see if it gets to 20

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Have some fun, forget about things for awhile 

I completely am fortunate in that I have/had no expectations for this game aside from seeing a new city/stadium, eating good Scando food and drinking new craft beers. I'm now excited to watch Allen's progression.