Taiwan Jones Injury Update

sleeby

Anyone know how he's doing?  Sorry to start a new thread but dood looks to have taken a hard hit of helmet to skull and was bleeding more than a little from his scalp or forehead.  

I found it curious how the broadcast never mentioned all the blood nor the helmet to head - they only replayed the same view where the ref was blocking the hit.  I did not even hear an update on him in the second half.  Seems they wanted it to not be a thing.  

Hope he's ok.

Edited by sleeby
  • Like (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You're replying to the auto reply I think.  If so, thank you - I'm not one to start threads generally.  Just seemed like more than something I wanted to hear about but also maybe a deeper subject in there.  Sure, he's special teams but he's also a member of the NFL and they should respect him as their employee.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Meaning today a title of "Taiwan Jones" should cause most people to ask first before anything "How's his skull?"  Ergo, the name should be enough of a title in this case.

Thank you DC. 

Edited by sleeby
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sleeby said:

You're replying to the auto reply I think.  If so, thank you - I'm not one to start threads generally.  Just seemed like more than something I wanted to hear about but also maybe a deeper subject in there.  Sure, he's special teams but he's also a member of the NFL and they should respect him as their employee.

Thank you DC. 

Don't thank me, I'm just expressing my own opinion, and have no authority whatsoever.  Putting aside my opinion...objectively, you broke the rules.  

• Like (+1) 2

He was listed as 'questionable' to return (didn't), so the good news is that he wasn't immediately ruled out - hopefully just a laceration.

The ref seemed to be more concerned about where the ball was being spotted than the helmet-less player himself.

An ejection could have and most certainly should have happened...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JimKellyTryouts said:

He was listed as 'questionable' to return (didn't), so the good news is that he wasn't immediately ruled out - hopefully just a laceration.

The ref seemed to be more concerned about where the ball was being spotted than the helmet-less player himself.

It was so fast I'm surprised it was flagged at all.  The Billsy thing would be for Jones to get flagged for a uniform violation. (hope he's OK)

• Haha (+1) 3

It was weird how this extraordinarily dangerous hit (even setting aside the issue of whether there was anything illegal about it) was hardly mentioned. I don't recall ever seeing a helmetless player hit in the head like that before. A little "We're glad to report that Taiwan Jones is up talking and walking about, although we don't expect him to return today" would've been nice, at least for those people out there who know him and were worried about him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It was weird how this extraordinarily dangerous hit (even setting aside the issue of whether there was anything illegal about it) was hardly mentioned. I don't recall ever seeing a helmetless player hit in the head like that before. A little "We're glad to report that Taiwan Jones is up talking and walking about, although we don't expect him to return today" would've been nice, at least for those people out there who know him and were worried about him.

Generally speaking, the NFL likes hiding stuff like this...when I go on youtube to watch highlight reels, you hardly ever see spotty officiating calls and nasty injuries like this

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

How did the officials not all blow their whistles as soon as his helmet came off and he started running?

The officials were abysmal in this game. Not at all a reason we lost but they were terrible. 

What little I saw on NFL Red Zone was mystifyingly awful.

36 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

today's officiating crew was a total joke.  They botched the ejection there, botched our fumble recovery, and called a phantom lining up in the neutral zone on us on a Chargers 3rd down (it was a false start).  

10 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

How did the officials not all blow their whistles as soon as his helmet came off and he started running?

The officials were abysmal in this game. Not at all a reason we lost but they were terrible. 

agree 100%.  Did not lose because of them, but they were AWFUL.  It looked like they were all timid and/or had no clue what was going on sometimes.