[Vague Title] Sincerely, thank you......

Beast

10 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Screw me?

Why?

Have you enjoyed the past 7 years or so of Buffalo sports?

Again,  I sincerely appreciate the Pegula’s for keeping our teams local however they are showing money isn’t everything when it comes to success.

Am I wrong?

Yes.  You are.  No comment on the sabres - not my thing.

Seven years?  Shoot.  I was abucted into bill's fandom back in the mid 80s.  Back to back 2-14 seasons and our top drafted QB said no Effin way and escaped to the usfl.  Jim Kelly.  Those were my awkward middle school years where suddenly grades had letters and not sweet nothings from one el ed teacher.  Add angry, alcoholic, old school afl bills fan father and it was classic brainwashing.  Ha.  "Please god! Report cards are due any day now.  Just please let the bills win this Sunday!  I'll never ask for anything ever again."  

The 2018 bills are the process.  Josh is the man if he can stay healthy and positive minded.  I can see it.  Now we build and what better way to covet our QB which 2017 brought us than to get good draft picks.  

We blew our load - fecklessly - in 2017 with want of a playoff loss.  Not my want but water under the bridge.  Likely, you wanted that - simply playing the odds on that prediction.  Anyhow, here we are, 2017 was never the year and 2018 is even more so not the year.  

For those of us who remember well 1986, a 4-12 season which saw Kelly as QB after those back to back 2-14 seasons, we smelled change; and we were right.  The meat on the table was usually cooked even when the bills lost.  The rest is history.

I am a cynic.  When this town has gotten excited going 4-0 in the past 20 years I have not.  I see no reason to fault McD and the process right now; other than maybe trying for the playoffs and making it last year as it cost us dradt stock to get our QB. . .though it likely also taught some.of the young guys not to accept losing and so I may be wrong.  

Go 2020 bills!  This appears to be a good base to build from.  Not too shabby just a year plus removed from the Ryan cancer.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

OP's pulling a Vontae Davis

Am I? Have I quit after 45 years of being a fan?

Of course not. That’s why I thanked the Pegula’s for keeping our teams in Buffalo.

And, I also have been critical of their ownership success.

Am I not correct in pointing out the Sabres have been REAL BAD for 5 plus seasons and now the Bills appear to be the worst team in the NFL?

Am I wrong for saying that or am I just hurting your feelings?

Edited by Binghamton Beast

14 hours ago, B Fan in LA said:

I think the Petula's should've moved the team to Binghampton............

Then you could hang out with them, and exchange ideas.

If you knew how to spell Binghamton.

I even gave you a clue in my user name.

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Am I? Have I quit after 45 years of being a fan?

Of course not. That’s why I thanked the Pegula’s for keeping our teams in Buffalo.

And, I also have been critical of their ownership success.

Am I not correct in pointing out the Sabres have been REAL BAD for 5 plus seasons and now the Bills appear to be the worst team in the NFL?

Am I wrong for saying that or am I just hurting your feelings?

You may just be a little premature is all. 

Every GM/coach combo in this league is dependent on quarterback success. 

Who cares if we’re bad or the worst this year if Allen pans out? You can judge what they want to build until they build it or get fired and the job is complete. 

Leave past years and regimes out of it. 

Basing just off since McDermott was hired its too soon to start freaking out 

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Who cares if we’re bad or the worst this year if Allen pans out? You can judge what they want to build until they build it or get fired and the job is complete. 

Right, if Allen pans out. I agree there and I actually like that kid.

However.......

Our o-line sucks.

Our WR’s suck.

The best player on our team, McCoy  will be washed up if this team gets good.

TE’s? Really? Who???????

Our D-Line is the absolute worst inthe NFL.....just like our o-line is. Anyone that wants to debate me on that, come forth.

The LBer situation is dicey at best.

We have a great CB and pretty darn good safety’s. Outside of those three.....YUCK.

This will take YEARS to build up this roster. What a mess.

Please, if I’m wrong, tell me where I am. I am a Bills fan just like you are.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

to the Pegula’s.

You guys have kept both teams in Buffalo. Your money is amazing! I sincerely appreciate keeping our teams local.

Beyond that, you have created two bottom feeders and have shown you don’t have a damned clue concerning professional sports franchsies.

Post all the googly eyed responses you want. Yes, I know, tne Sabres MAY have a franchise defenseman....just like a few years ago they had a franchise center.

Long live Ralph and Golisano!

Yikes!

*Pegulas

No apostrophe.

You're trying to show plurality, not possession.

13 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Right, if Allen pans out. I agree there and I actually like that kid.

However.......

Our o-line sucks.

Our WR’s suck.

The best player on our team, McCoy  will be washed up if this team gets good.

TE’s? Really? Who???????

Our D-Line is the absolute worst inthe NFL.....just like our o-line is. Anyone that wants to debate me on that, come forth.

The LBer situation is dicey at best.

We have a great CB and pretty darn good safety’s. Outside of those three.....YUCK.

This will take YEARS to build up this roster. What a mess.

Please, if I’m wrong, tell me where I am. I am a Bills fan just like you are.

While I agree on some points, the state of the team is not desirable at all.

Weve beaten it to death how much cap space they have next year, how many draft picks. 

They may not be able to fill ALL holes with elite young talent. But we also haven’t seen any of our current young talent progress. Which could in turn mean less holes to fill next year. I don’t totally have faith in Ray ray or foster or our tight end group.. 

But who knows.?

Most of these guys we hate so much won’t be here next year, we could obviously be better RIGHT NOW by signing some guys who are free agents. I gotta think they’re content to lose this year and expect next year to be the real cornerstone to building this franchise 

13 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

While I agree on some points, the state of the team is not desirable at all.

Weve beaten it to death how much cap space they have next year, how many draft picks. 

They may not be able to fill ALL holes with elite young talent. But we also haven’t seen any of our current young talent progress. Which could in turn mean less holes to fill next year. I don’t totally have faith in Ray ray or foster or our tight end group.. 

But who knows.?

Most of these guys we hate so much won’t be here next year, we could obviously be better RIGHT NOW by signing some guys who are free agents. I gotta think they’re content to lose this year and expect next year to be the real cornerstone to building this franchise 

This Bills aigned that scrub at DE (can’t even remember his name) and Star whatever to pretty decent contracts last off season.

You are going to trust them this coming off season with money?

This front office is as clueless as I have seen in my 45 years of being a fan.

This team is worse than the Jags and Panthers were in their first year in 1996.

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

This Bills aigned that scrub at DE (can’t even remember his name) and Star whatever to pretty decent contracts last off season.

You are going to trust them this coming off season with money?

Don’t mean to be a dick but this frint office is as clueless as I have seen in my 45 years of being a fan.

This team is worse than the Jags and Panthers were inbtbeor first year in 1996.

Trent Murphy looked decent today..

He had some solid rushes on Rivers.

Star is what he is, he’s a big body to hopefully take up two blockers. 

I try to hold judgement on him until Edmonds is up to speed. Star should be the key to his success to a certain extent. 

And I do actually have faith in them to make the correct signings next year. They won’t spend just cause they have it, they’ll invest. 

Lol that’s what I hope anyways 

• Like (+1) 1

The Pegulas, with all due thanks and praise, should have been spending big bucks, from the outset, on top flight coaches and GMs.  They've never appeared to understand what it takes to build a winning organization.  Take, for instance, the Ryan bros and the "guiding lights" they've brought in to run the Sabres.  If you as an owner, don't know what you're doing, bring in true, tested management and coaching.  And consult with successful experts for appropriate guidance.

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Why should anyone believe that they will utilize all the money we have next year properly?

What have they done in fa to make anyone with a pulse believe that they will get the best player available of need in the draft?

Im really starting to believe that there are many non Bills fans on this board.

Either that, or we have plenty of visually impaired posters, or these ppl are obd employees. Maybe relatives of the coach and GM.

Meh.

Deciding a coach and/or GM is no good after 1 or 2 years is what got us into this mess in the first place.

Complain all you want, but leave McD and Beane in their post for 5 years minimum. The playiff berth should have at least bought them the duration of their contract.

I'm just not at the point where I hyperventilate over games in a season we know is a throwaway already with over 30% of the cap dead. 

Who thought we were going to field a competitive team with a rookie QB and less than 70% of the money other teams have?

3 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

to the Pegula’s.

You guys have kept both teams in Buffalo. Your money is amazing! I sincerely appreciate keeping our teams local.

Beyond that, you have created two bottom feeders and have shown you don’t have a damned clue concerning professional sports franchsies.

Post all the googly eyed responses you want. Yes, I know, tne Sabres MAY have a franchise defenseman....just like a few years ago they had a franchise center.

Long live Ralph and Golisano!

Yikes!

??