Shady McCoy rib injury - Practicing (limited) on Wednesday

YoloinOhio

Eagles QB Michael Vick to wear Kevlar flak jacket to protect ribs

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagles-qb-michael-vick-to-wear-kevlar-flak-jacket-to-protect-ribs/

I still remember  Dan Pastorini  first wearing a flak jacket and having someone hit him in the ribs with a baseball bat to prove it works.

I would rather have Shady stay out till healed for a losing season , but he wants those 12K yards to make the HOF. I would leave it up to him.

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I don't see this going well too often...I'm sure defenders will try and fall extra hard on McCoy now that they know.  A bad season just hit rock bottom.

They will be quite happy to remind him of the pain

1 minute ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Groy landing on McCoy was the biggest impact he's had all season with the Bills

He’s been terrible even though so many begged for him to start. I would replace him with Bodine to see if he’s any better but i think it’s probably important to let the OL gel, as they have not played a lot together and it shows. 

16 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Honestly they need to trade him. For his sake and ours. McCoy deserves a chance to be on a winner and we can get a second for him from a team like Green Bay or Cincy. 

You could send him back to Philly with Sproles being hurt it would give them another option at the RB position & he would be back where he considered home before the brilliance that was the Chipster came to town & dismantled a great team .

At least if for nothing else the fans would love it & he goes to a winning team & he could end his career where ehe began it & had his best seasons & by doing that Shady may even give McD & company some praise for doing it that way ...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, boater said:

Still concerned. Next level down from fractured ribs is bruised ribs.

He surely has bruised ribs--and that hurts almost as much as fractured ribs, and limits your mobility.

It definitely does. He was in so much pain yesterday, he couldn’t talk after the game to the media. He always talks to the media.

i give him a lot of credit. He is raking his role if captain seriously. He wants to help the team. I think if he doesn’t think he can be effective he won’t play but if he think he can. Help at all, even with reduced carries, by being out there to make the defense account for him, he will play through the pain. 

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It definitely does. He was in so much pain yesterday, he couldn’t talk after the game to the media. He always talks to the media.

i give him a lot of credit. He is raking his role if captain seriously. He wants to help the team. I think if he doesn’t think he can be effective he won’t play but if he think he can. Help at all, even with reduced carries, by being out there to make the defense account for him, he will play through the pain. 

he has given me grounds to believe he will try to more than he really should be doing out there

17 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Honestly they need to trade him. For his sake and ours. McCoy deserves a chance to be on a winner and we can get a second for him from a team like Green Bay or Cincy. 

Come on!!  The Packers of all teams are going to be giving up a @nd for McCoy??  Did Beane just get hired by Green Bay??

This is silly talk.  Looking at him  so far this season, no team is giving up a decent pick for him at this point.

34 minutes ago, boater said:

Still concerned. Next level down from fractured ribs is bruised ribs.

He surely has bruised ribs--and that hurts almost as much as fractured ribs, and limits your mobility.

But the next level down is baby back ribs.  As long as he it doesn't get down the lowest level, short ribs, then it's ok--because that's just essentially pot roast with a piece of bone in it...

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

When I saw Groy land on him yesterday, I immediately thought, "I'll be shocked if that didn't bang him up at least some." 

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Fractured or not....just lighten his work load now that we have decent backups in Murphy and Ivory.....no reason to run Shady into the ground here....there is a reason why you have backup players.

Are these the same doctors who said AJs collarbone was broken, then reevaluated to say it was fine?

8 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Are these the same doctors who said AJs collarbone was broken, then reevaluated to say it was fine?

the Bills tend to give out info a lot sooner than required by the law of The Shield....