McD took over defensive play calling in 2nd half

YoloinOhio

55 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

He should try offense too.

Aside from a poor run call on 3rd down (which the fans in attendance voiced their displeasure), I thought Daboll called a pretty good game. There were several plays left on the field by the rookie QB today (and last week by both QBs). 

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

2 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Aside from a poor run call on 3rd down (which the fans in attendance voiced their displeasure), I thought Daboll called a pretty good game. There were several plays left on the field by the rookie QB today (and last week by both QBs). 

It is so vanilla. Seriously watch these other creative minds out there and you will see there needs to be more in the offensive game plan 

55 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yes but for example McD was putting Alexander at DT on passing downs instead of keeping him at LB, basically a NASCAR package. The coverage was tighter too so the zones must have been tightened up. It just really comes down to using your personnel properly.

Zo was a monster on the line today

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Eh to throw your DC under the bus.....  Really impressive.

So he should have let them come continue to suck? He did the right thing.

7 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

It is so vanilla. Seriously watch these other creative minds out there and you will see there needs to be more in the offensive game plan 

Seriously, it was a Rookie QB's first NFL game.

Edited by Green Lightning
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Maybe so, but there is a significant lack of talent on that side of the ball. Not looking for excuses, but I'd have a hard time believing that doesn't factor in. 

Also, the Bills are playing a rookie QB that has serious potential but also has some work to do. The game needs to slow down for him, and he's guilty of making inexperienced-QB miscues in different ways. Not surprising in the least, but that too has to affect an OC's ability to really open things up. The offense looks nothing like a finely-tuned machine, but I don't think it's a direct reflection of the OC.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

16 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Maybe so, but there is a significant lack of talent on that side of the ball. Not looking for excuses, but I'd have a hard time believing that doesn't factor in. 

Also, the Bills are playing a rookie QB that has serious potential but also has some work to do. The game needs to slow down for him, and he's guilty of making inexperienced-QB miscues in different ways. Not surprising in the least, but that too has to affect an OC's ability to really open things up. The offense looks nothing like a finely-tuned machine, but I don't think it's a direct reflection of the OC.

You don't need extreme talent to be creative. 

You can get creative without involving QB as the center piece. 

9 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Are you serious? How do you know?

From this story:

In other defensive developments, McDermott took over playcalling duties from defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier in the second half of Sunday's game.

"I just felt like we needed a spark," McDermott said. "That's my background. Coach Frazier does a really good job, as well as the defensive staff. I just felt like we needed a spark."

McDermott said he would evaluate the playcalling situation and "a lot of other things" after the loss.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24703207/buffalo-bills-cb-vontae-davis-abruptly-retires-football-half-vs-los-angeles-chargers