Josh is rough around the edges but man kid has potential

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ok I watched the Bills Yesterday and here is my impression on Allen:

1. Accuracy :  for me this was tough to judge, because of the drops (I think like 5?) and an O line that had him running for his life most of the day, and when he did have time I didn’t see many Bills receivers running wide open.

2. Toughness:  I define toughness as keep fighting no matter how bad it looks.  I think Allen showed a lot of this yesterday. Dislike being down 28-3 he kept fighting and never stopped.   Yes they lost but that will help him a lot when they finally have an O around him.

3. Overall Performance — Again hard judge because outside of McCoy I don’t see one player on that O that any D would be afraid to go 1 on 1 with.  I saw little separation from any WR and the O line acted like Matadors most of the game.

my overall opinion — I like Allen I think he will be at worse an average starting QB given the proper supporting cast and at best a top 6 or 7 QB.

so in other words this year may be tough to watch, but you have IMO the most important piece at QB and now need get an Oline and maybe a defense so he doesn’t have to do it all by himself.

that's a fair evaluation.  against my own better judgement, i am starting to buy into the Allen hype.  I mean, it's been so long, i may be letting hope rule over experience, but at least he looks like a guy who wants to throw the football

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Positives

Stands tall in the pocket and is not phased by the rush

Goes through his progressions

Can make any throw 

Mobility and toughness

Isn’t Nate Peterman

Negatives

Doesn’t recognize pre-snap looks (shifts, blitzes, protection adjustments)

Footwork regressed today

Drifts sideways under pressure instead of stepping up into a muddy pocket

Doesnt trust his eyes - waits too long to make throws to open receivers 

Mental clock is still too slow

Accuracy remains an issue 

Yeah im ok with this. This offense will do him zero favors...footwork and accuracy to me are going to be problems he wont fix this year. Just because of the oline and broken pockets they consistently give him. 

Mental clock, presnap, stepping up..that stuff will come with experience. if he is good enough to learn it. 

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Your smart to expect that! When he faces a D that is very good he will struggle even more, or when he faces a team where he has no choice but match their O score for score.   What I’m saying is the kid looks good IMO. Imagine how good he look if he had some time in the pocket?

Even the PATS FAN gets it.

Have a beer on me, pats fan.

5 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

that's a fair evaluation.  against my own better judgement, i am starting to buy into the Allen hype.  I mean, it's been so long, i may be letting hope rule over experience, but at least he looks like a guy who wants to throw the football

Not only that, he looks like a guy who's not panicked, has leadership skills and who's willing to learn.

• Like (+1) 5

12 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

I would personally give it a 6-7 out of 10.

Yea that is where I am too. I'd give him about a 6.5/10 for yesterday and I pretty much agree with Coach Tuesday's list of positives and negatives. It was up and down, very mixed, but some good grounds for encouragement. The kid makes some sensational throws. He always did in college too. There are still too many throws that to quote McDermott "he'd want to have back" but look for a first start, against a decent team, on a bad offense that was promising. 

21 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ok I watched the Bills Yesterday and here is my impression on Allen:

1. Accuracy :  for me this was tough to judge, because of the drops (I think like 5?) and an O line that had him running for his life most of the day, and when he did have time I didn’t see many Bills receivers running wide open.

2. Toughness:  I define toughness as keep fighting no matter how bad it looks.  I think Allen showed a lot of this yesterday. Dislike being down 28-3 he kept fighting and never stopped.   Yes they lost but that will help him a lot when they finally have an O around him.

3. Overall Performance — Again hard judge because outside of McCoy I don’t see one player on that O that any D would be afraid to go 1 on 1 with.  I saw little separation from any WR and the O line acted like Matadors most of the game.

my overall opinion — I like Allen I think he will be at worse an average starting QB given the proper supporting cast and at best a top 6 or 7 QB.

so in other words this year may be tough to watch, but you have IMO the most important piece at QB and now need get an Oline and maybe a defense so he doesn’t have to do it all by himself.

Top 6 or 7 you say?

Brady

Rodgers

Brees

Wilson

Big Ben

Rivers

Ryan

If he falls in to a category that falls within these guys you will not find any complaints from Bills fans.

18 minutes ago, BmarvB said:

Who's going to guide Josh Allen, Nate Peterman? Really? Seriously??? 

Your thoughts?

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/17/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-brandon-beane/

Can't argue with that.  It is a serious problem.  The kid deserves better.  He shouldn't have to take it upon himself to call out the defense to play better as a rookie in his first start either.  Luckily, he seems to have the poise, backbone and leadership to take all this stuff upon himself and do it pretty gracefully in my opinion. 

I think Allen has shown himself very well so far, all things considered.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PeterDude said:

I will say one thing about Allen.  He doesn't get that deer in headlights happy feet stuff.  He doesn't even get the white faced pre-game puke face that Kelly used to get. So things are looking up I guess!

quick, someone come up with an analogue to "Trentative" for Allen

1 minute ago, TheElectricCompany said:

A veteran may not be a good coach, nor is it their job. 

But it is part of the learning process and most vets will take the young guy under their wing. I cringe when I saw the story on how Tyrod was helping Baker Mayfield.

I like Allen and Buffalo should afford him every opportunity to be successful.

2 minutes ago, VADC Bills said:

But it is part of the learning process and most vets will take the young guy under their wing. I cringe when I saw the story on how Tyrod was helping Baker Mayfield.

I like Allen and Buffalo should afford him every opportunity to be successful.

His best shot at being successful will be by surrounding him with talent, either along the line or with offensive playmakers, and creating a favorable scheme for his abilities. 

If Allen busts, it will not be because he didn't have a veteran QB to show him the way. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

7 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

I will say one thing about Allen.  He doesn't get that deer in headlights happy feet stuff.  He doesn't even get the white faced pre-game puke face that Kelly used to get. So things are looking up I guess!

6 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

quick, someone come up with an analogue to "Trentative" for Allen

Josh All-in.

• Like (+1) 1