Josh is rough around the edges but man kid has potential

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

No, it's not.  EJ had promising starts here.

Let me try to put this very simply. EJ Manuel and Josh Allen are two different people. What ever EJ did and however he turned out has absolutely no bearing on Josh Allen. None whatsoever. It is like comparing Allen's performance to any hall of fame QB who had an average debut. Senseless.

Edited by billsfan1959

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Let me try to put this very simply. EJ Manuel and Josh Allen are two different people. What ever EJ did and however he turned out has absolutely no bearing on Josh Allen. None whatsoever. It is like comparing Allen's performance to any hall of fame QB who had an average debut. Senseless.

I'm not comparing the two QB's.  I'm comparing the TBD reactions by the same people.

2 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

Why are you so hung up on EJ? Man crush? And not saying that in a gay way. But every post you bring him up. What gives? They are different qb's. I watched EJ play for the Raiders, he will never be good. Allen has a ton more upside and has improved every game except the Cincinnati game. Where his O never showed up. What were you babbling about again?......

LOL.  Proving my point.  Holy smokes.

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

He really needs to learn how to recognize pressure and make adjustments to get rid of the ball or he’s going to get injured shortly.  

Agree, he needs to improve in that area and others. But it is happening. 

8 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I simply said he was a rookie who showed promise - like most of the posts I have read that were positive. You seem to be the one who is working himself up into a frenzy. Take a deep breath and calm down before you give yourself an aneurysm.

And, yes, any analogy with EJ is intellectually lazy....

That post was what we call sarcasm. Sorry I didn't spell it out more clearly....

My bad about picking up on the sarcasm. So many crappy posters that don't know a lick about football shouting down the ones that do.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

I'm not comparing the two QB's.  I'm comparing the TBD reactions by the same people.

Who's to say Allen doesn't turn out to be great. Then those reactions would be entirely appropriate. Nobody knows at this point. So, it is still a senseless comparison. But, hey, if it makes you feel good to jump all over them for feeling good about Allen's potential, then knock yourself out.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Who's to say Allen doesn't turn out to be great. Then those reactions would be entirely appropriate. Nobody knows at this point. So, it is still a senseless comparison. But, hey, if it makes you feel good to jump all over them for feeling good about Allen's potential, then knock yourself out.

Maybe you should go read how this conversation started again and apologize about who is jumping on who.

3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

He honestly played like Tuhrod Taylor. 

Funny how if Taylor had that same game last year, people would be calling for his head. 

He doesn't throw with anticipation and it's a huge issue. Needs all day to find the guy already opened. 

HE IS A ROOKIE.!!!!!!!!!  trod has been in the league how long? And they threw for the same stats today. And when did Tyrod ever throw over 30 yards on a play? About twice a year?

Rough game. Hard to get amped when it's 28-6 at halftime and he throws his first TD with 50 seconds left. 

You see the physical traits, but he's sloppy, indecisive and spotty with his accuracy. Pretty much the book on the guy coming out of WY. 

You should surround a young QB with a strong OL, playmakers at skill positions or a stout defense. It sucks that we don't have any of those to help to him out. 

Man, it might get real ugly in Minnesota next week. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

2 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

I dont even have a gripe with his ball placement (could be better, but to me it was good enough). My issue with him was seeming hesitant to throw.

I liked what I saw considering his lack of weapons, terrible line and not much of a running game though. Hoping to see him improve and learn this year.

he had some WIDE OPEN WR's and some passes that were simply terrible throws that cost the receiver the ability for yards after the catch.  He wasn't great  today by any means.  But he did show potential.  He was mobile in the pocket, showed the ability to run for yards when needed, and didn't look rattled even though the O-line was so bad he got sacked on  a freaking handoff.  

Bottom Line: he has the tools, but he needs to read the entire field and not try to riffle every throw/have more "touch" on certain throws.   

Edited by RyanC883

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Just supporting Allen and the Bills. They aren't supporting either. And I don't usually single out individuals. So some of you have to decide if you are Allen haters or Bill supporters. Not to hard to separate them, or can you all?

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You needed to be in the gameday thread - "unreasonable" would be a polite description. Batshit crazy, an accurate one - for a good number of people that posted there today. 

If you were watching that game and thought the Bills had a good first half, you were either "batshit crazy," or the Pegulas moved Rob Ray to the Bills' sideline.

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Anyone thinking Allen looked more like Watson than he did EJ is fooling themselves.

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

LOL, the people who didn't like Allen as a player aren't blown away by his 1 TD 2 INT performance!  More news at 11.

45 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I don't think it was a spectacular performance and it makes total sense that somebody who thought he was trash to maintain that opinion after today.

30 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

If you think Josh Allen showed anything besides flashes of potential today, you're delusional.  Point blank.

23 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

It's EJmania not because they are the same person, but because ya'll are whipping yourselves up into a frenzy that he's proved he's franchise material, just like you did for EJ after his first start or two.   Like Allen threw 4 TD's in a win and "shut up the haters."  Newsflash, he didn't.  He lost in another blowout where we struggled in every facet on offense for the majority of the game.

15 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

No, it's not.  EJ had promising starts here.

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Maybe you should go read how this conversation started again and apologize about who is jumping on who.

I think I read enough of your posts. I stand by what I wrote. You have no idea how Allen is going to turn out. How EJ Manuel played or how people reacted to him are absolutely ridiculous analogies to Allen.