Josh is rough around the edges but man kid has potential

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes.

As some have said, the flat feet in the pocket contributed to that last INT. Still, he's loads better than Peterman.

I think he has potential.
I really do. even with the loss i felt decent about his Big Day.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Positives

Stands tall in the pocket and is not phased by the rush

Goes through his progressions

Can make any throw 

Mobility and toughness

Isn’t Nate Peterman

Negatives

Doesn’t recognize pre-snap looks (shifts, blitzes, protection adjustments)

Footwork regressed today

Drifts sideways under pressure instead of stepping up into a muddy pocket

Doesnt trust his eyes - waits too long to make throws to open receivers 

Mental clock is still too slow

Accuracy remains an issue 

he could have had a couple more completions for good yardage if he had gone to his first read (open first read) He missed an open Clay in the endzone for an easy TD (the Ivory TD drive)

Maybe he's just waiting for a bigger pass or gain, IDK. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Fixxxer said:

he could have had a couple more completions for good yardage if he had gone to his first read (open first read) He missed an open Clay in the endzone for an easy TD (the Ivory TD drive)

Maybe he's just waiting for a bigger pass or gain, IDK. 

Yeah that’s what I mean about trusting his eyes.

• Like (+1) 1

I think you can tell he has a ton of experience as a QB.  He understood the clock and down and distance.  He fired up the team and they responded.  We won the second half.  If the D didn't start so slow or we get one of those fumble calls, we could haven stolen a win.  Allen is the Anti-Tyrod.  His eyes are downfield, sometimes for too long.  He gets away with this because he is so big and can take hits.  His touch can be poor and maybe that never changes.  He also can run and has a rocket.  After 60 minutes of NFL game tape, I am excited for the future.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

but we knew TT wasn't going to amount to anything.

Allen is a rookie with a much higher ceiling.

no I totally agree, sorry. I meant that in a positive way as weird as it was. point was that we're not really missing anything.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Now just think how this kid would have looked with quality offensive linemen who know how to block properly and know their responsibilities.  

It's hard enough to watch those O linemen whiff on blocks. It's quite another to see them block the wrong man so a defender comes free and untouched. 

McCoy getting tackled in the backfield as soon as he touches the ball at times. The Bills receiver corps is another sad story. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, joesixpack said:

Yeah, you kinda are. All the time. But that's ok. That's your thing, you do you.

You have no idea, but keep talking joe. Last year you could not shut up about how bad the Bills and Taylor was but carry on. You were the most negative poster I had witnessed, crazy what changes. But carry on being the "voice of reason" if that's what makes you feel good.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Same. Just need to see progress. 

The defense on the other hand was a complete cluster !@#$ in the first half.

if they cannot stop the run geesh !

but they did tighten up the second half.

Coaching adjusted reasonably well.