[Edited Title] Patrick Mahomes Looks Great

Wizard

Just now, Chemical said:

I guess I don’t know for sure, but the foreseeable options don’t look good. 

I hope they can start adding talent, but right now the FA options at WR look worse than Watkins. 

Also have the draft

It really is impossible to know what options will be available for next year at this time.

Then there is this, Weep you Mahome haters, yes there was a lot of morons on TBD that posted and said he will be the ultimate bust and never amount to anything. Mahomes could have sat behind Tryod for the year like he did in KC and learned to be a QB just like he did in KC. Now he would be in his 2nd year with the Bills. You guys need to own up to your thread posts. You were wrong. This guy will be winning Super bowls with KC. I called it and I told you this would happen in those threads. My screen name was billsareback in those threads. Me and jeffsmagic called it. we knew then and you tried to run us out of town. You called us every name in the book. You belittled Us. We know who you cowards are, It’s time to own up.  

Edited by 17 Josh Allen

The Bills look like complete morons for not picking Mahomes. 

He had the size, he had the arm, he had the moxy, and they opted to trade down so that they could take a lesser prospect with the same pros and cons and give away more draft capital in the process. 

I find it shocking that the Buffalo media isn't being more critical of this decision. 

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

He had the size, he had the arm, he had the moxy, and they opted to trade down so that they could take a lesser prospect with the same pros and cons and give away more draft capital in the process. 

I find it shocking that the Buffalo media isn't being more critical of this decision. 

Says the guy who would have trade an entire draft to get Winston.

Mahomes looked great the first two games.  Have to hand it to the kid.  coming out there was a lot of concern an=bout his footwork, that he had only played in the one read spread option, and so on.  If he continues the way he's going every team in the league will regret not taking him. 

I wanted Watson in that draft.  And around this time last year people were agog over him like they are with Mahomes now.  Flash forward to this season and Watson has struggled for a couple games, and now folks are wondering if they anointed him too soon. 

My point:  let these young guys play some, look at the tools they have around them, let them go through ups and downs.  And then we'll see.

Oh, and by the way.  Size, arm, moxie?  Pretty much describes the Bills current starting QB.

12 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Have we not been through this?

- Got to sit for a year.....looked shaky in the little time he got last year

- There is  not a starter for that team that would not be a instant starter on this team

- Better protection

You take Mahommes and you put him on this team......fans would have screamed for him to start LAST year when Alex Smith went into that swan dive of losses......and he would be throwing to the likes of Zay Jones here....and running for his life.

Jesus.....stop

Mahomes has been very impressive with his pre and post snap reads. He throws to a lot of wide open receivers but part of that is him diagnosing the defense. It isn't like Watson last year who literally was just throwing jump balls to Hopkins and Fuller and converting through pure luck. Unlike Watson last year I don't have anything bad to say about Mahomes's success so far. I mean he isn't going to throw 6 TDs each week but he's shown a lot.

It reinforces my belief that QBs are better off sitting on the bench for a year and I am back to worrying that Allen shouldn't be starting right now.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Mahomes has been very impressive with his pre and post snap reads. He throws to a lot of wide open receivers but part of that is him diagnosing the defense. It isn't like Watson last year who literally was just throwing jump balls to Hopkins and Fuller and converting through pure luck. Unlike Watson last year I don't have anything bad to say about Mahomes's success so far. I mean he isn't going to throw 6 TDs each week but he's shown a lot.

It reinforces my belief that QBs are better off sitting on the bench for a year and I am back to worrying that Allen shouldn't be starting right now.

Happy Days...first, your assesment of Watson and mine are the SAME.  Watson was a turnover machine last year that threw up a lot of junk that was hauled in by his talented WR.  He hasn't changed..he is the exact same guy he was last year...just not as lucky with the garbage throws.  He often doesn't progress through reads and if he doesn't like what he sees, he looks to run (wich he is good at, so not all bad but)  ....A lot of folks got on that bandwagon last year...I was not one of them.

I would like to take a little issue with your notion that Mahomes is throwing to wide open guys..sure, sometimes he is...but if you take the time to watch the film...he throws guys open. looks off the safety....it's incredible.

....and lastly....to be a downer....Mahomes and Allen are NOT the same prospect.  Try as many of you may....Allen is inaccurate...he has always been inaccurate.  Mahomes was a 63% completion pct thrower....and I have no idea where the turnover machine rep comes from..he threw 10 INTS in a million attempts his last year in college.  Both had scouting reports that said footwork was poor.  Wich is true...Mahomes and Allen both had very bad footfork in college.  

The other thing......Mahomes looked like a stud the very first preseason game, and all preseason he played in his rookie year...you could already see what Andy Ried saw in the kid the moment he threw a couple passes....the throwing guys open, the pocket pressence..the scanning of the field...it was evident.  .....it's why alot of us got excited so quick....we could see the physical tools AND the mental part was close already.  ....I know I'll get blasted by some here....Allen hasn't looked like that.  I've watched the "every throw" from every game he has played in for your guys.  He has a cannon...you can see that for sure...but he isn't accurate, and he does NOT throw guys open.  Maybe it comes with more time, more timing with his recievers...I was impressed with how hard he is to take down....dragging Igram accross the field was pretty cool.  That is a trait you can't teach...so there is that.  No reason to call the kid a bust ...he's a rookie....but it should be clear that there is A LOT of work there to be done if he's going to make it.