[Edited Title] Patrick Mahomes Looks Great

Wizard

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Other than “terry couldn’t hire the right people” is there a reason? He could’ve sat behind Tyrod a full year, been paired with a coach like McVay. I know there’s some MMQB in there but why couldn’t buffalo be a spot where a young qb gets what he needs?

Sorry, but I'm not into the 20/20 hindsight, Monday morning QBing mind set. It serves absolutely no purpose and has absolutely no bearing on the current situation. I get that it helps to vent our frustration but, again, it is not constructive. It's safe to say the Pegulas have made mistakes, the GM has made mistakes, our coaches have made mistakes, and our players have made mistakes. But I'm supposed to believe that Mahomes, under the same group of mistake-making idiots would be performing as well as he is in KC. That's an absurd proposition. 

17 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Mahomes through lots of picks in training camp!   Chiefs were concerned.   Meanwhile our guy was great in tc and did not make it through one !@#$ing game.  I wonder when people will get it through their heads that what you see in preseason. Is not real?

.....He threw pics in training camp that the MEDIA was conernced about.  Andy Reid repeatedly said he was pushing the limits of the offense and wanted to see how much Mahomes could handle....they weren't worried about it all....it was party of training camp prep.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Oh, you're a clever one aren't you?

I recommend you take your unparalleled football insights and apply to run a team.

I even said earlier I don't claim to have predicted success for Mahomes, but at this point, leaving all judgment aside, it was a mistake to pass on him objectively. 

I was immediately suspicious when Reid (who's an excellent judge of QB talent) took Mahomes, and I didn't like the Allen pick. Nothing I've seen so far would suggest those initial reactions were wrong. That said, this thread this way premature. 

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

GOAT-Greatest of all Two (games). 

Well dang now I know what the OP meant. 

Thanks for filling us in. 

Here I was thinking Mahomes was better than Brady, manning, Montana, Elway, Brees, Rodgers.. 

Now I get it. He’s better than them at his first two games starting. Excellent 

21 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

No you're not. And yes, it can.

But why would you ignore it ? 

Zero competent QBs on the team at that time and we pass on Mahomes and Watson 

That makes no sense 

Allen better be awesome or they have failed 

Edited by Teddy KGB

I would like to point out that we had Alex Smith here already....behind the same line with the same weapons.....Mahomes isn't just succeeding because he is here...certainly it helps....but Mahomes is legit....Reid went to get him because he understood he needed someone who could drive the porche like a racecar and not like a minivan.

If he is going to be the greatest QB in the NFL in the near future, then its not just the Bills that missed him.

The Browns, Bears, 49ers, Jags, Titans, Jets, Chargers, Panthers, and Bengals all left him on the board. All of those teams but maybe the Panthers and Chargers could have used a "GOAT" Qb.

7 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

.....He threw pics in training camp that the MEDIA was conernced about.  Andy Reid repeatedly said he was pushing the limits of the offense and wanted to see how much Mahomes could handle....they weren't worried about it all....it was party of training camp prep.

Sounds like a totally different program than the process

28 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Because it's based on nothing. The both have huge arms and are great athletes. They both were considered raw coming out of college, which is why they lasted until 10th/7th in their respective drafts. Mahomes has already shown something - something very good - in limited NFL action. Allen (even more limited) has shown next to nothing. In other words, there's absolutely no rational reason right now for saying that Allen will be better (not "as good as" - actually "better") than Mahomes at this point.

Whatever.  You're still not convincing me that my opinion is silly.  Just like I don't think your opinion is silly.

Just now, K-9 said:

Yep. Doesn't get any more definitive than that. 

Just another "they didn't pick who I like, therefore they don't know what they're doing" thread.

You've been here as long as I have K-9. Does this resemble the board of yesterday? It's almost like ICE cloned himself a few thousand times and took over.

?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Just another "they didn't pick who I like, therefore they don't know what they're doing" thread.

You've been here as long as I have K-9. Does this resemble the board of yesterday? It's almost like ICE cloned himself a few thousand times and took over.

?

LOL. This place is ICE on steroids lately. And ICE was already on steroids!

• Haha (+1) 1