[Edited Title] Patrick Mahomes Looks Great

Wizard

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

if only there were other decisions we could discuss. Alas, this staff has had their hands tied and the situation forced on them. It’s not like they’ve been one of the most active in the league in turning over the roster.

That's the point, though. Bringing in Mahomes last year wouldn't have made any sense.

I firmly believe THIS was the plan. Cut the guys last year, but not so deep as not to affect performance and take the hit this year.

So then what? You'd have Mahomes on this team. Do you -really- think that would work out well?

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Who the F is blindly following any staff here? For crissakes. People act as if Mahomes would be putting up the same stat line with our personnel as he is in KC. That's just a ridiculous take. 

I'm sure McBeane and Co. have screwed the pooch for this year seven ways to Sunday. That's not what I'm addressing though. 

What if we hired some of those offensive guru types, paired him with a GM with a competent set up right from the start and spent money and picks on offense instead of eating the dareus hit and then signing star and using all those picks to trade up (not to mention trading for Benjamin).

Part of firing Rex was that we had a good young core that was underachieving. It’s not like McDermott inherited a dumpster fire.

Just now, Warcodered said:

If they'd drafted Mahomes would he come with the good O-line and recievers in the box or would you have to buy them separately?

He would have (or at least could have had) the benefit of all of the assets that we gave up to be able to draft Josh.

One particularly good example is a guy by the name of Cordy Glenn.

Just now, CountDorkula said:

Well they could have drafted him and had 4 additional 2-3 rd picks to fill in this year but they chose not to.

Yes, and? Nobody's arguing that here. McBeane could have done many things differently but that's kind of a moot point now. If you choose to wallow in wrong decisions, don't let me stop you. 

I just don't want anyone to tell me Mahomes would be just as good with our personnel as he is with the supporting cast he has in KC. Have you seen the plays his receivers have been making? Mahomes has been great, don't get me wrong, but we don't have anyone that can take a five yard crossing pattern and turn it into a 75 yard TD currently. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Klaista2k said:

How can the Mahomes threads be expected to be ignored?

We just passed on him in the 17 draft (traded the pick away), and now he's tearing the league up....

I'm sorry that can't be ignored. 

Then don't ignore if it you can't. Just share it in one of the 5000 Mahomes threads that already exist....

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Part of firing Rex was that we had a good young core that was underachieving. It’s not like McDermott inherited a dumpster fire.

Yeah, he kinda did. A roster full of average players taking up nearly the whole cap. That's the point. The team was never good enough, but was still jammed up.

17 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

A homer is someone who defends someone blindly, completely disregarding anything that is critical of the said player. 

As a Bills fan, I root for the whole team, every player.   But I will not buy into the hype of any player who has done nothing. 

I am discussing the fact we traded 10 overall last year, when we knew we needed A Qb. 

That pick landed the Chiefs Mahomes.  It could of landed us Mahomes. 

it did not though so I guess you need to keep your pitchforks and torches handy.

I haven't blindly defended any player and I am well aware Allen needs time, so I'll ride out this storm. 

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.