Week 2: Bills vs. Chargers Postgame - Problems with the Process

26CornerBlitz

I’m strangely excited.  I feel like the season is over - which, it being week 2, is a new record.

But Allen - I hope it’s not just the homer glasses, but he looks like the deal.  Of course he’ll make rookie mistakes, but let’s get this guy a line and a few real receivers.  The 2 decade search.may be over

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Solid post. If our defense plays like the second half for 4 quarters, we can win some games. They really slowed that offense down after getting piledrived for the first 30 minutes. And I loved what I saw from Allen. Give him time, he will surprise many people. 

3 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Great post.  This is going to be a difficult year for fans, but there was a lot to be encouraged with .  Do you think McDermott will continue to call the defensive plays the remainder of the season?   If so, are Frasier's days numbered?

This has me thinking too. Frasier was on point with his play calling last year, but this year he's just getting everything wrong. If McD feels he can call the defensive plays while still handling his head coach responsibilities, im all for it, but it usually spells trouble when a head coach puts too much on his plate. 

47 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

18 of 33 for 245 and a 7.4 ypa 54.5% 1 TD and 2 picks. 

Not bad Rook in your first start with this offense. Watching your Growth. 

I think Allen shows promise, but it's funny to me the short memory fans have about previous players. EJ Manuel's first game, against the Patriots, his stat line was 18 of 27 (66.7 %) for 150 yards, 5.56 YPA, 2 TD, 0 Int, and he ran 3 times for 23 yards. His QB rating for that game was 105.5.

I'm not saying that Allen is Manuel. He shows real flashes of talent, and EJ probably had better talent around him (thanks to another favorite whipping boy here, Doug Whaley) than Allen does. I hope Allen's learning curve goes better than EJ's did, but any conclusions drawn after this game are premature at best. 

This season we may not have more than 2 wins. This is probably the 1st time in 8 years that I litterally don't care that we lost. The point of the post was that Allen looks like he has the potential to be our long term qb and that McDermott took leadership and took over the defense 

• Like (+1) 1

So is this the part where we pretend that Capt. Happyclaps firing the defensive coordinator he hired a game and a half into the season is a good thing? In the same season where he's on his second offensive coordinator in 2 years with neither showing much in the way of competence?  Happyclaps hired these people. Did he not know that Frazier was planning on running a defense that was obsolete in the NFL 10-15 years ago?

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

McDermott needs to just take over the Defense like I said last week. Fire this complete waste Fraiser and name some token “DC” but let Mcd run the show. He took over the playcalling in the second half and magically we got pressure and stops. Fraiser is terrible and needs to be fired Monday.

No no no.

McD of course should be calling D. Frazier is a very experienced Coach. You don't dump him. you tweak him. He does not need to be fired. the way the HC commands the game perhaps

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

your thoughts on the game and sidelines ?

I sit behind the Bills' sideline. It was an odd energy coming out from halftime.  I saw Dion Dawkins flipping out on both defensive and offensive lineman.  I also saw Josh Allen go over a few times to the defense to encourage them.

Overall,  the players seem to really respond to Josh Allen.

9 minutes ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

Solid post. If our defense plays like the second half for 4 quarters, we can win some games. They really slowed that offense down after getting piledrived for the first 30 minutes. And I loved what I saw from Allen. Give him time, he will surprise many people. 

This has me thinking too. Frasier was on point with his play calling last year, but this year he's just getting everything wrong. If McD feels he can call the defensive plays while still handling his head coach responsibilities, im all for it, but it usually spells trouble when a head coach puts too much on his plate. 

It was amazing what a difference defensive play calling made.  We had an impressive pass rush in the 2nd half. 

• Like (+1) 1

1.) Defense in the 2nd Half after McD took over the playcalling.

2.) Allen. For his first game, with that offense, he played well. Made rookie mistakes but that's to be expected.

Right now, we're projected to have $90 Million in cap space next offseason according to Spotrac and will have a high draft pick. The future is bright. 

• Like (+1) 1