Did Vontae Davis retire at halftime? Yes, yes he did!

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

This is pretty terrible if he quit, there's no way to spin it. Awful McBean decision again, not the most positive experience for Tre White, etc.

I think that’s why McD was so up front. If Vontae quit on the team, I think they’re going to throw him under the bus.

No spin, just put it on Vontae.

Edited by eanyills

Just now, NoSaint said:

The question was answered pretty definitively and was unlikely to see more info. 

Dude was uninjured and pulled himself. That’s more than I expected to gather. I’d expect him on an exempt list of some variety tomorrow 

Huh?  Unlikely to see more info?  The press in NYC would have been feasting off something like that for 10 minutes.

To their defense, they did continue the line of questioning later, after I wrote that live.

1 minute ago, eanyills said:

I think that’s why McD was so up front. If Vontae quit on the team, I think they’re going to throw him under the bus.

No spin, just put it on Vontae.

They absolutely have to if he did but even that is a horrible net loss. Not good.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ran off to fight for jesus

Then McD will definitely sign him to a big extension.

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

be interesting to see if he is picked up. But i bet he has never fully recovered from his injury with the Colts.

He's probably came back too soon last year, tried to rush it, and has done some permanent damage to the knee, sapping his ability to hang with WRs.

He could probably convert to safety at this point though and be very effective if he wanted to be.