Pegulas get NLL expansion team in Rochester

BillsFan4

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/pegulas-get-nll-expansion-team-rochester-blue-cross-arena-get-several-upgrades

Terry and Kim Pegula announced on Thursday that they have been awarded an National Lacrosse League expansion franchise for the city of Rochester. The team will begin play for the 2019-2020 NLL season.

The Pegula-owned Rochester team will keep the name and legacy of the city's existing team, the Rochester Knighthawks.

The current Rochester NLL franchise, owned by Canadian businessman Curt Styres, is moving operations to Halifax, Nova Scotia following this season.

They are also purchasing + installing a new 4-sided HD video scoreboard at Blue Cross Arena, and have donated millions to make additional upgrades to the locker rooms, concession stands, rest rooms, roof and audio visual equipment. 

Edited by BillsFan4

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/pegulas-get-nll-expansion-team-rochester-blue-cross-arena-get-several-upgrades

They are also purchasing + installing a new 4-sided HD video scoreboard at Blue Cross Arena, and have donated millions to make additional upgrades to the locker rooms, concession stands, rest rooms, roof and audio visual equipment. 

This is just news now?  Thought that came though 2-3 months ago.

The Knig-hit Hawk news, that is.

The expenditure on the War Memorial Arena is new news.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

This is just news now?  Thought that came though 2-3 months ago.

The Knig-hit Hawk news, that is.

The expenditure on the War Memorial Arena is new news.

I hadn’t heard about them getting another NLL team until today. I must have completely missed the announcement... 

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I hadn’t heard about them getting another NLL team until today. I must have completely missed the announcement... 

According to the article, guess the Pegulas getting the Knig-hit Hawks just now became official.  Really thought that had been official almost since Styres announced the current version was moving.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Another franchise to run into the ground?

The real question is can he own the team, since he owns the Sabres and Bills?   And what about the Bandits which he owned through the Sabres I thought.

Edit- I read the article and found out that indeed he will own to teams in the same league..... Seems like a conflict of interest.

Edited by nkreed
Opening my mouth before thinking.