The Amish Rifle- Fitz

wppete

On 9/16/2018 at 9:04 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

OMG DUDE, let Peterman the F go man.  You were categorically wrong about his ability to be an NFL QB, yet you can’t stop inserting his name everywhere like it matters.  

Seriously, Peterman needs to hire security to either keep you, BullBuchanan and SaviourPeterman from kidnanpping him and trying to make a human suit for you to where our of his skin.  You guys crushing on him like a teenage girl crushes on a bad singer in some lame boy band.

Been saying that for weeks, he’s just obsessed 

You're right, my "Peterman to Meet With Kim Jong-un" thread on the Politics, Polls, and Pundits board is pretty outlandish.

But my mention here, in a QB related thread...now that just takes the cake.

16 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

How quickly we forget the implosion after he signed his $$$ deal here, and was run out on a rail I’m sure with most here in agreement that his time in Buffalo needed to end, mutually. But was he an improvement over Capt Checkdown Edwards? Undoubtedly. How long this lasts in Tampa? Maybe 2-3 more weeks? I wish him well, but am glad to have Allen right now 

He managed a 10-6 season with the 2015 NYJ before "something happened" next season (I think he slacked off on his fitness and off-season prep in favor of golfing)

He looks leaner and fitter so who knows? 

The thing is, you can't go home again.  The Fitzpatrick we'd have if we'd stuck with him all these years, is not the guy who would have been kicked around and gotten back up and learned from a bunch of different OCs.  And he wouldn't have the same amazing WR and OL in front of him.  So it wouldn't be the same Fitz.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He managed a 10-6 season with the 2015 NYJ before "something happened" next season (I think he slacked off on his fitness and off-season prep in favor of golfing)

He looks leaner and fitter so who knows? 

The thing is, you can't go home again.  The Fitzpatrick we'd have if we'd stuck with him all these years, is not the guy who would have been kicked around and gotten back up and learned from a bunch of different OCs.  And he wouldn't have the same amazing WR and OL in front of him.  So it wouldn't be the same Fitz.

..could be a Ray-Ban endorsement in his future real soon.....maybe even the "Shavers' Club"....LMAO...........:thumbsup:

On 9/16/2018 at 2:39 PM, /dev/null said:

It doesn't matter where he goes.  He starts out as a bum.  Becomes the backup.  And somehow the starter.

Then he explodes for big numbers and exciting play for a few games.  

Next comes the contract extension

Then he sucks

It's Fitzmagic

There's many aQB in this league have followed that same recipe, all the way to the bank.  Vet QB in new system, confuses the defense for a few games, and looks great.  Defense figures him out, but he comes rich in the mean time. 

Do agree though if the next two weeks he plays at same level, keep playing him even when Winston is back.  I mean it's not like they are benching Tom Brady here.  Will predict an explosion/sulking/trade demand/ all of the above from Winston though if that happens.

I was looking at Fitzy's career numbers, and if he could squeeze out 3 more seasons (including this season) with his average yards & TD's from the previous 3 seasons, I calculated he'd finish his career with 34,709 YDS and 223 TDs.  That's astounding to me.  Like, right there with Jim Kelly's career numbers  (35,467 & 237).  For a guy who's been a journeyman/backup for the bulk of his career.  But I doubt he hits those averages. (Watch him prove me wrong now, because, you know, Fitzmagick.)

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/16/2018 at 12:48 PM, Scott7975 said:

because hanging between 6-10 and 9-7 did wonders for this team.  This team needed to bottom out.  Goodwin is injured again btw lol.

I think you are gonna really like years of hanging between 0-16 and 2-14.