Week 2 Game Day thread Bills vs. Chargers Second Half

Honestly from last week I'd say it was a pretty decent improvement. The offense wasn't good but they moved the ball around and made a bit more of a fight out of it. The defense wasn't good the first half but really came alive in the 2nd better than the flashes they showed last game. Overall this seems more like the not good team that might grit out some wins in a bad year to get better in the next few.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I know, I am just playing devils advocate with Tyrod (pointing out that you can skew and frame things in whichever way you want to.) I thought the team should have kept him for one more year but the return on him was pretty good so I understood the move. I was more so mad they traded AJ and fell for NP again. But I thought Tyrod was the perfect competent QB to have for one more year (he is gone at this point no use in dragging it up what's done is done

I just think that Allen shouldn't be compared to Tyrod because they are completely different QB's and Tyrod's situation in Buffalo was different than Allen's now. The stats don't tell the whole story on either player and I think the comparisons should stop. 

They thought AJ McCarron would be cheaper and better.  They screwed that up, clearly.  We need a vet in here ASAP to help Josh.  Peterman ain't it.

12 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Yes, well that's an improvement over last week where they NEVER showed up.

....WHOA Big Dawg!....you mean to say that a defensive effort like today that reduced points surrendered from 45 to 28 does NOT deserve MAJOR kudos?.....blasphemy in my book...

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....WHOA Big Dawg!....you mean to say that a defensive effort like today that reduced points surrendered from 45 to 28 does NOT deserve MAJOR kudos?.....blasphemy in my book...

Sorry. Slogging through the game thread and all its rollercoaster-for-the-mentally-challenged glory has me a bit edgy.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

They thought AJ McCarron would be cheaper and better.  They screwed that up, clearly.  We need a vet in here ASAP to help Josh.  Peterman ain't it.

I would have still held onto AJ, I think AJ would have been a competent game manager that maybe could have gotten them through the rough first half of the schedule. I was never fooled by NP, he did the exact same **** last year and stunk it up. 

NP is flat out unplayable and will not be on an NFL roster next year. AJ I thought could have at least been a decent QB. Allen is baptism by fire for better or worse. I do think they should find a vet backup just in case. I don't ever want to see NP play, he is just one injury away from playing and that's embarrassing. 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Mahomes is in a race car, Darnold is in a Ferrari, Allen is in a Chevy Aveo.  Race the three, then say Allen is a bad racer and a terrible pick to drive.  Got it.

You cannot judge the three QBs in a vacuum.  You need to look at the team around them.

So, the rookie QB in his first start with a seive for an o-line and receivers that lathered their gloves with butter *didn't* throw for 300 yards and 4 TDs?  Well, guy's obviously a bust.  Just look at how well the QBs who have a real team around them played. >.<

And the excuses are already starting...

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

If we took Mahomes at 15 two years ago, we aren’t trading any other pick last year to move up. This would have allowed more picks to bolster the O line and Receivers.

Hind sight , yes but still makes sense to me.

If we take Mahomes, we would have no need to trade Glenn to move up. We miss on Tre White. We  may or may not have Edmonds. We bolster the OL and take a WR early. Defense takes a hit. If Allen pans out, it seems like a wash. With either one we are still talent deficient in a lot of areas.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I would have still held onto AJ, I think AJ would have been a competent game manager that maybe could have gotten them through the rough first half of the schedule. I was never fooled by NP, he did the exact same **** last year and stunk it up. 

NP is flat out unplayable and will not be on an NFL roster next year. AJ I thought could have at least been a decent QB. Allen is baptism by fire for better or worse. I do think they should find a vet backup just in case. I don't ever want to see NP play, he is just one injury away from playing and that's embarrassing. 

I can't believe NP is still on the roster.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

If we took Mahomes at 15 two years ago, we aren’t trading any other pick last year to move up. This would have allowed more picks to bolster the O line and Receivers.

Hind sight , yes but still makes sense to me.

The pick was #10 iirc, not 15.

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Sooo...you don't think the quality of players around each QB matters?  C'mon, I really wanna hear you say it.  Go on, make a fool out of yourself.  ?

Just curious, were you an EJ apologist?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Tyrod, or Tuh-Rod, whichever you prefer, isnt in Buffalo anymore. Why are we still talking about him?

Exactly the dude brought him up! "Better than Tyrod!" I'm saying leave TaROD out of the damn game chat especially when we don't have a great QB situation